Lavin Darkheart's Story

• Appeared to be orphaned at birth, not much is known about the origin of Lavin. He learned of his gift as mage at a young age. Devion, a wise elven wizard, came upon Lavin when people began to talk of a magic casting elven boy at an orphanage. Devion picked up on his talents of Lavin right away by merly looking at the boy. He took him from the orphanage, and brought him in to raise him as his own. In this time, Lavin learned general magics of the wizard. He taught lavin how to summon creatures, how to heal himself, and how to hold up in battle most of all. He learned faster than the wizard ever has ever seen anyone learn and Devion knew that if he didn't get Lavin to adventure and get teachings from others, then his talent would be wasted. He sat Lavin down and said, "I am casting you from here Lavin.". Lavin exclaims, "why do you not want me here master? Why do you want me to leave?". The wizard sighs softly and says, "It's not that I don't want you here Lavin, but I have taught you, everything I know. I fear if you don't leave, your potential as a wizard is limited, and I expect more of you." Lavin looks blankly at Devion and says, "When do you want me to set out, and where." The wizard replies, "I want you to leave for Narfell, I believe someone there can help you unleash your talents. I want you to leave at first light.". Lavin nods slightly and says, "I will master, first light.". Levin went to the forest at dawn to meditate so he could reuse his spells this day, for his adventure to Narfell. Upon sitting, a raven landed at the tree and squalked at him twice. It then flew down to the ground walked over to him and stood at his feet. A voice entered levins head, "Hello Levin, I call myself Night.", the raven squalked again immediatly afterwards. Levin was dumbfounded as how he was hearing the raven, and shruged it off as if he was hearing things that wern't there and tried to shoo the raven off. The raven hopped onto his lap, and suprised Lavin. The voice reentered his head, "I am here to guide you, We were ment ot be.". Lavin asks him, "Why are you here for me, why me.". The raven replies, "You are a man with in incredible power untapped. I am here to help guide you to your greatness. ". Lavin was unsure of his fate thusfar, so he could not deny what the raven said. After staring at the ravenn for a bit, the raven says, "I can be your eyes and ears, your messanger. You ask me anything merly by thought, summon me, or send me away as you wish. I am your familiar.". Lavin then states, "I will look forward to your companionship." With a brilliant flash the raven is gone. Lavin then says to himself about how he will know the ravens intentions in time. He figured he could use the companionship anyway. He knew in his heart, that the raven was no threat. After meditating he went back to the old wizard, where he had Lavins supplies in hand. He looks at Lavin, smiles, hiding his sadness. He then says to Lavin, "I will expect to hear great things from you Lavin, and I expect nothing shorter than great. I always though of you as a son.. no… you are my son. Take care of yourself.". The wizard stares at Lavin intently for a second and says, "Lavin, I give you somethying only a true father could give you. A last name. Take care of yourself my son, Lavin Darkheart.". Without looking back, he looked on, and walked away in the direction of Narfell.