Caity's notebook.

• The following is a mess of sentences in a vague order written with seemingly no context.

You said you were new here?

Can I help you find anything?

My name is Caity and I am deaf. This elven man is looking for a longbow, do you know where he can find one?

If he is alive in that barrel we would be able to hear him, if not we should h ((This line is scribbled out and incomplete))

Can you tell me what the scrolls in this chest are for?

We should hurry! In case the goblins took that woman we left behind as well.

We had Tymora on our side!

Where did I find them? I do not remember.

I am sorry I'm hard to talk to. I am deaf and my lip reading could use some work.

Your mustache is nice, but it doesn't help!

A spell for my hearing? My mother tried that and it didn't help. I was born this way, which is why I prefer not to speak.

• The following is a mess of sentences in a vague order written with seemingly no context.

Are you speaking common?

I'm afraid I can't hear you and your lips are hard to read. Can you write? Perhaps you know sign language?

In the rough handwriting of a wood elf: I can try. Nice meet Caity. I'm Thyr.

My name is Caity. Unen says you are a paladin? What is your name?

In the handwriting of a paladin: I am Caling, a paladin of Sune. Can I help you with anything?

It is nice to meet you. I apologize for the confusion.

On the next page there are some oddly less neat words written, though clearly still Caity's handwriting.

Unen

♥UNEN♥

Humble bard Unen.

He is quite fetching.

Maybe I should try poetry? Not tonight, I need sleep.

Are you a knight?

You wear blue like the Legion protecting the Silver Valley survivors, are you with them?

Can you write your name here? It's hard to lip read names.

In the handwriting of a little warrior: Talyna Felf

My name is Caity.

It is up to you. I don't want to inconvenience you.

I'm Caity, can you write your name down for me?

In the handwriting of a rusty warrior: Leo, Leonardo, Eduardo, Leandro Sigognac!

I was born deaf, if that is what you're asking.

We are communicating in sign language

Damara