PELTARCH TIMES!! EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!

• -Organized Crime, Smuggling, Terrorism in the Jewel-

Gaze upon the face of evil, Peltarch.
    The man pictured above is none other than Dermin Lantaional, suspected Kingpin of organized crime and recent financier of an illegal smuggling operation - one designed purely for profit at Peltarch's expense, admittedly splitting the profits with the local lizardfolk tribe (noteable enemies of the state!)

The incident occurred in the late hours of the night, just within the last tenday. Dermin, a gnome known as Fribo Woodroamer, and his clandestine accomplice - a scantily-clad woman known only as Kalya. Sources confirm that the Peltarch Guard and Far Scouts confiscated a LARGE number of weapons and diamonds, illegally purchased from the lizardfolk tribe… with the express intent of sale within the walls of Peltarch.

The Jewel's favorite invenstigative journal, Glorfina Elmwhey, was present at the scene, and was even able to get an exclusive interview with Peltarch's public enemy number one: Dermin Lantaional - AKA The Bloody Baron.

Fribo Woodroamer, a known member of the suspected terrorist organization who call themselves.. "Mlemites" was approached by yours truly during the heated interrogation of the suspects. Fribo was quoted saying "We're smugglers I guess."

Dermin was identified as financier of the operation after admitting to peltarch authorities that, quote - "The gold was mine. I paid for them"

Kalya's role in the smuggling operations is unclear at this time - we hope to secure an interview with this half-nude terrorist in the near future.

Yours truly gained an exclusive interview with the Bloody Baron, and he this to say. I'll note it was clear the man was extremely nervous, at first denying the allegations and claiming his own admissions to Peltarch Law Enforcement were false. With a little pressure, he sang a different tune.

Dermin - "There was an intention of profit"
    Dermin then went on to strongly suggest that "I'm on my own, I don't belong to any organization" ... a tinge of hatred and cruelty on his voice only the most heinous crime boss could muster. The suspected crime lord is from Athkatla, Amn, and we will be sure to check for financial ties that have existed during The Bloody Baron's thirty year reign of terror.

What connection is there between the Blood Baron and these "Mlemites?" Are they simply smugglers, or is there more to it?

What connection exists between Fribo Woodroamer and the Gnomish Mafia? Fribo was unavailable for comment.

Is it possible that Dermin financed the relocation of these Mlemites for his foul plans in and around the Jewel? Only time will tell.

Sources have verified these self-titled "Mlemites" have not been in the Narfell region long. This only serves to raise further suspicions. Local townswoman Jillette Mcolmes had this to say

"Mlemites? Sounds awful"

Are your children safe from the terror of the Bloody Baron and his disciples? What is Peltarch Law Enforcement doing to pursue these recent smuggling charges? Are the peltarch guards in the pockets of the Bloody Baron? The truth will not be surpressed, Peltarch. Glorfina is on the case!