Machinations of Hyperborea

• The following text is contained within a jealously guarded book belonging to Kevmorn Arrowbrand, a cleric of Gond. The cover is held shut with a mechanical combination lock that bears Gond's holy symbol. Within, it is filled with meticulously drawn diagrams and strange text written in a spidery scrawl that at first glance does not seem to match any known language thanks to the use of a cipher over more traditional scholarly gnomish.

First Entry:
    It has been an age, but I have finally discovered some technology of interest. Unfortunately this came from Damara as opposed to Narfell itself and I am hesitant to include this in the log at all! The enchantment is likely divine due to the nature of its previous incumbent, but the craftmanship of the steel and the shaping of the plates is worthy of note.
    The following modifications have been made to adapt armour for ease of crossbow use; splitting of lateral skirting, keel of breastplate pronounced to help deflect projectiles, knee pads for kneeling, vestments of Gond, kettle helmet with removable face guard.

Note: Remember to ask the tailors at Vanity Plates about their crafting process.

• Second Entry:
    Joyous Day! I write these from the study in Norwick's Temple of Lathander in the days after a particularly resounding experience out in the Rawlinswood. The details alas are not suitable for this book but it must be noted that within a cliffside cave was found a scroll (it must be noted, written in Gnim by a gnomish hand) of rapid lycanthropy. Such a repugnant item threatens that which makes humanity great! Gond was pleased with its sacrifice, and granted me a boon! Truly, my coming here was warranted and my faith well placed after all.

The Cave: Located at RWX2-2E/5 at the edge of a cliff. Strange layout, including one loop that simply turns back on itself after approx. 300 yd. Chamber contained a riddle door with an animated statue that the party, alas, destroyed. When its crystalline eyes were removed and pointed at the door, it opened. Not available for further study.

Circlet of Blasting
    Curious to find, as these are normally held by the Bedine of the Anauroch desert. Potentially of Netherese origin according to my studies back at the academy, I never thought I would see one in person. The band around the helm is able to collect, store and release solar energy through a mechanism I have been unable to determine as of yet. I am sure that in the grand old days of Netheril, these helms would have been capable of so much more, coupled as so many other items were with the power of the Mythallar!

Activated Pixie Dust
    An even more unexpected find. These are a new invention! The activation process is unknown to me but the invisibility effect of the resultant powder persists even after strenuous movement of one coated in it.
    *A label is glued onto the page here, it reads;

"For optimal results, sprinkle entire contents on head. In event Gnomish
    Whatchamacallits Inc. patented Activated Pixie Dust is diluted across
    several persons - results may vary."

Gnomish Whatchamacallits Incorporated is an unknown entity which may in fact be local. I must investigate further.