Do You play Magic: the Gathering Online?

• … perhaps we can play.

--
    ... my main art-deck work is described on deviantART, including cards:

[ http://fav.me/dbw5buj ].

... my MtGO deck, hastily arranged, then worked with for a while.

... it's name comes from Inkubus Sukkubus' a song, erotic is fight for love, and there's a lot of card vampirism in this deck.

... i don't need to be best player, but i wish to be able to not give up too easily on this front, after i won 3rd place in the First Official Tournament of MtG in Poland - keeping myself somehwat in shape still. Black lotus is not for me, it's a flower-art gift for a Buddhist woman i Love. She's a beautiful woman of Power.

... except for the Black Lotus Collectors Edition / foil / , rest of the cards are fairly cheap, as well.

... it has potential to raise in price insanely, because the paper card of 'Black Lotus' after about 30 years of wait costs about 10 000 USD in some shops; ... perhaps digital, younger version will repeat that success. i bought digital version of the Black Lotus foil for the price of 168-169 Event tickets, each ticket costs 1 USD + tax officially. i bought event tickets from reseller however, so it was little cheaper. i won't sell the Black Lotus digital foil however, unless i really, really must, but won't deny a Buddhist woman i Love doing this. it's for her & only for her to do whatever she wants with it.

... the the 'Time Walk' & 'Ancestral Recall' cards might also rise in price very significiantly, perhaps a Royal Assassins as well; ... but who knows ... other card-spell might as well, even if unlikely.

... it's rather fast considering mana accelerators as dark rituals or the black lotus.

... combo decks should be a no-problem, with so many discards & counters.

... against large monsters i have unsummons, discards, counters, creature removal & mind controls, as well.

... it has urza-glass-alike ability to look at opponent's hand with a distress spell, a nice combination with counterspells.

... it has color-versatile creature removal ability with murderous compulsion as well.

... against white's circle of protection black & weenie decks, including red-green weenie deck it has serendib efreets in a sideboard; these are powerful flying creatures with a little of pain included, but cost only 3 mana, so can enter play early. against circles of protection it can also cause opponent to draw cards faster with Dimir Guildmages, making them run out of the cards earlier, and lose the game that way, as well ... or power sink to cut out mana then cause damage, or mind-control creature with different color.

... essence drains in a sideboard are an experiment, can act as additional creature removals, finishers and self-pain alleviation ... but are very mana-costly.

... when serendib efreets' upkeep damage pain is killing us, we can unsummon or 'murder' with our spells as well.

... unsummons are powerful in discard deck too, and in case of facing red deck with lightning bolts, dark rituals can be switched sideboard for spell blasts; the serendib efreets with their 4 of toughness help here too.

... i just don't like losing two cards for one, i like having cards number in hand advantage.

... now i can say that i can participate in the Magic Duels, as any aspiring Mage should 😉 / i am developing an Art Style called an 'Art of Magick & Light' /.

... it's still a work in progress, planning to add 1x Ancestral Recall & 1x Watery Grave for poetry & honoring Tradition of the Ancestors reasons / the Witch-Crone, Lilith, Lucifer, old Buddhist Teachers & Buddhas' incarnations of the past mostly /. Probably 1x Rats & 1x Distress will migrate to the side deck, removing 2x Essence Drain; i need to work with sideboard still, as well.

... i perceive this deck a work of art, it's gentle in a way even if it's dark thoughts, vampirism, torments, enslavement & murders ... it's romantic, ephemereal, spectral, intelligent, subtle, magickal & fleeting in it's theme.

... i perceive the black lotus as a feminine rainbow light source as well, it's a holy, magickal & buddhist, enlightening symbol in my opinion.

... i wish to create a poetry & other art that uses ideas from this deck & not only, with help of insights & friends who inspire the insights in me, properly giving praise in credits as well.

• … created a blog:

Magic: the Gathering Ethical Champion.

http://mtg-ethical-champion.blogspot.com/

• … deck in action:

[ http://fav.me/dbwrr96 ].

🙂

• the deck & the description article evolved - it's now final or almost final.

… details in DeviantART:

[ http://fav.me/dbw5buj ].

To my suprise, i discovered that Vintage League is cheaper than Standard in the long run. Sure, the entrance fee is greater, but not so much as in the paper version - and cards do not become obsolete. Standard League changes significiantly about every half of year, so that's main, constant expense of Standard.

• thanks.

• I played MtG “back in the day”. I started in 1993, but when the beta cards were just ending their print run. It was a new game then, and everyone was learning how to play.

What I liked about it was that it was a social game. When I traveled, I would bring a couple of decks with me, and it was easy to find a group of people to play with in hobby stores. It was great for meeting new people.

I played in countless tournaments, and usually placed pretty well. I made it to the finals in several of them, and won some nice prizes. For one of my tournaments a group of us traveled to New York City. I had developed an extremely fast Orc deck with virtually no defense. Its sole purpose was to reduce my opponent’s life as quickly as possible, even if it meant sacrificing my points to do it. It caught a lot of people off guard, even those with more elegant decks, but I ultimately lost in the 5th round. It’s a pity, because the prize was an entire set of beta cards, worth 10’s of thousands in today’s market.

After I got married, I ultimately sold off all my cards. I didn’t have time for it any more. I made about five times what I paid for them all, and ended up using them for house expenses and a new computer system or two.

Good luck with it. I hope you have fun playing!