Value of Coins - Isendir's Musings.

• _Mind Forms.

My recent failure at resisting stun spells, followed by being shot to death by archers was still vivid in my mind.

Then i've shared this concern with a meditating monk in Peltarch, he offered to teach me 'Mind Forms' that will strengthen my Will.

We meditated together for a while, it was a pleasant experience.

He told me to practice regularly, to speak during meditation affirmations such as:

• 'i won't falter',
    • 'my mind is a tower of iron will',
    • 'this spell won't have power over me',
    • 'elven reverie denies enchantment's hold',

He taught me to build an anchor to this practice, to visualize myself absorbing these lights of affirmations ... so i can call on these in combat by visualizing myself surrounded by protective light barrier, by speaking in mind one of these affirmations as spells head to me.

His name is Anheim, i owe him a debt of gratitude.

He seemed to be a nice man, i've told him that i'll practice regularly until i master it enough - and that i'll help him when he needs.

i hope we'll talk in future again, he brought me calmness & wisdom.

-- Isendir, an adventurer & a mercenary in training._

((i won't lobby for a Psionic PRC for Isendir - it's how i am roleplaying him taking Iron Will feat at next level. 😉

Isendir's will save is weak, it would be too bold to say that he has will of iron. it's just slightly ironed, strenghtened by mind forms & meditations, as well as by elven reverie which is close to meditation as well. Elves fall into reverie instead of sleeping.

NWN doesn't have psionic class, this would require haks, and narfell has no-haks policy to make game more open to newcomers mostly. Narfell needs constant influx of new players, so there are any in game to interact with, and extra downloads would hinder & discourage too many.

Beside, character concept for Isendir is strictly fighter-mercenary-rogue, psionic doesn't fit at all.))

• Been a while since i wrote a journal entry.

Met a werewolf, Aelthas - who didn't tell me how to tame my 'inner worg'. Felt left out alone after that.

Well, C'est la vie - such is life.

Adventured a while, killed some worgs in a team then felt Nature's Call and travelled for a while in the woods exploring.

During these travels, i felt love for woods, for nature.

Perhaps a Ranger awakened in me.

Have to talk with Ting about that.

-- Isendir, newly awakened Ranger.

• Worg Call.

... i've been dreaming during reverie, elven meditation.

... images in mind showed worgs pack running through woods.

i feel the pack hunts for me, and when i meet them - it will be either join or be eaten.

... i feel i have worg soul, so furry and tainted.

... worgs in my mind and soul are trying to escape, to make me express anger inside me violently.

i have limited time to prepare, to be stronger than worg alpha.

... i feel i'll have to look at alpha's eyes and teeth. if i am stronger, worg will see that and let me lead his pack. if i am weaker, i'll probably be eaten.

i fear worgs so far, but trying to overcome that fear by hunting with others in worg area.

... worgs hunt in packs as well, only occasionally hunting alone.

-- Isendir, Worg Soul.

• _Elves & Dwarves.

Elves & Dwarves are formiddable teams, but too rarely they do agree.

This time i did travel with a dwarf, for a while with two dwarves.

One of dwarves was hired by a Witch of the Lake, Maria, to clear the surroundings of her tower from enemies.

She did bewitch him with 'good magic', i warned him that they often both bless & curse at the same time.

We fought Undead, Demonic Terrors, Goblins, Hobgoblins & an Umber Hulk.

We burned Demonic Terrors' bodies as well.

Found some scrolls & potions, picked up a Rose as well.

– Isendir Nain, an Adventurer._

• _Value of Coins.

We elves are usually moved by Arts, Beauty & Gentleness, by Higher Ideals.

Yet i've spent too much in shadows, in adventuring & wars, however.

As a mercenary i've learned that death has a price, signed by contract with employer.

As a rogue i learned that gold has power, it can be used to influence, to buy luxuries, to buy tools, to increase chances of survival.

As an adventurer i learned that with gold, one can even return from death.

Adventuring needs cost - weapons, armour, trinkets - and especially rogue's tools.

Potions, Scrolls, Bribes, Trap kits - these are our tools of trade - often very expensive.

Ah, Poisons & Magical Arrows as well - and much more.

If contract is lucrative enough, it's worth to invest.

Some call me greedy, i think i am … even if a shy introvert.

i won't deny it - gold is very important to me, both as a mercenary and rogue i've learned this well.

i've learned to count coin in my purse well, both incomes & expenses.

Yet, i am elf still - and more easily trust other elves than other races.

i follow Corellon Larethian, this brings me hope.

i occasionally find kindness in other races, yet they are change & pass away so quickly - can't get too attached.

i still try to keep track of whom to help, whom to repay.

is there honour among riff-raff?

it's mostly sentiments & flowers.

-- Isendir, an adventurer, archer, scout & a shady-world-mercenary of Corellon Larethian._