A Meeting in the Great Hall



  • An armored man with a very faded Redcloak enters the Great Hall and strides directly up to Biswan with an easy going grin on his cleanshaven face. Those that know Hannibal note that he looks a good deal more presentable than usual. He stops in front of Biswan and inclines his head slightly.

    "Hello, Chief, it's been many years since I've had a reason to step foot in here. I do hope you are well. I come to you with a proposition that will be beneficial to Norwick and all of her inhabitants, if you'd be so kind as to hear me out if naught for old times' sake?"

    ((Editted Biswan out.))


  • Narfell DM

    @d8c92eef67=SatansAdvisor:

    @d8c92eef67=its_a_fire:

    Hannibal finds a letter written in a elegant script waiting for him at the barracks.

    _To embellish a few ideas as we discussed.

    • Opening ceremony offering thanks to Chauntea (perhaps Anna Blake or any druid should be adequate)
    • Feasts with seasonal dishes and drinks of the region
    • Contests with prizes for first, second (archery, and you said barrel-smashing? let us keep them fit for free and civilized peoples.)
    • Entertainments (singing, dancing, illusionist - Atel is welcome to plan these)
    • Crowning a king and queen of the harvest (and a dance)
    • Closing ceremony (I doubt Norwick's government is welcoming of Auril's faith, but some words on the season ahead seem appropriate.)

    Can the town provide prizes? The crowns? Do let me know where I should place my effort.

    -A, Special Assistant to the Party Planner_

    Hannibal receives the letter and takes it to Herald D'Cameron to keep her informed of his doings.

    "Miss D'Cameron, this is, as far as my help and I have figured, the extent of the day's activities. Do you have anything you'd like to add or take away before I begin to procure materials?"

    D'Cameron skims through the list and plainly responds

    "You don't have to come to me for approval. This is your show, do whatever. As for the party favors you ask, go see if Z and his Crafter's Union across the street is willing to make something for you. If they don't charge you too much, it could be that the city covers the costs. No promises though, so don't push it."



  • @5f1e11a51c=its_a_fire:

    Hannibal finds a letter written in a elegant script waiting for him at the barracks.

    _To embellish a few ideas as we discussed.

    • Opening ceremony offering thanks to Chauntea (perhaps Anna Blake or any druid should be adequate)
    • Feasts with seasonal dishes and drinks of the region
    • Contests with prizes for first, second (archery, and you said barrel-smashing? let us keep them fit for free and civilized peoples.)
    • Entertainments (singing, dancing, illusionist - Atel is welcome to plan these)
    • Crowning a king and queen of the harvest (and a dance)
    • Closing ceremony (I doubt Norwick's government is welcoming of Auril's faith, but some words on the season ahead seem appropriate.)

    Can the town provide prizes? The crowns? Do let me know where I should place my effort.

    -A, Special Assistant to the Party Planner_

    Hannibal receives the letter and takes it to Herald D'Cameron to keep her informed of his doings.

    "Miss D'Cameron, this is, as far as my help and I have figured, the extent of the day's activities. Do you have anything you'd like to add or take away before I begin to procure materials?"


  • Narfell Developer

    Hannibal finds a letter written in a elegant script waiting for him at the barracks.

    _To embellish a few ideas as we discussed.

    • Opening ceremony offering thanks to Chauntea (perhaps Anna Blake or any druid should be adequate)
    • Feasts with seasonal dishes and drinks of the region
    • Contests with prizes for first, second (archery, and you said barrel-smashing? let us keep them fit for free and civilized peoples.)
    • Entertainments (singing, dancing, illusionist - Atel is welcome to plan these)
    • Crowning a king and queen of the harvest (and a dance)
    • Closing ceremony (I doubt Norwick's government is welcoming of Auril's faith, but some words on the season ahead seem appropriate.)

    Can the town provide prizes? The crowns? Do let me know where I should place my effort.

    -A, Special Assistant to the Party Planner_



  • _Hannibal departs the Great Hall and makes a point to inform any who pass through Norwick of the possibility of the upcoming festivus. He also lets it be known that he will welcome any assistance, great or small, in the coming days.

    In the mean time, Hannibal stops in at Farmer Gorm's ranch East of Norwick to inform Gorm and the other farmer's of the festival in an effort to gauge their interest._


  • Narfell DM

    @6cfedf45cf=SatansAdvisor:

    Hannibal inclines his head.

    "That is all, my thanks for your time and support. I shall keep you informed of my doings."

    D'Cameron just gives Hannibal a nod and dismissive wave of her hand as she goes back to whatever it was she was doing.



  • Hannibal inclines his head.

    "That is all, my thanks for your time and support. I shall keep you informed of my doings."


  • Narfell DM

    @0c6ce52d02=SatansAdvisor:

    Hannibal smiles at D'Cameron.

    "You're correct, Herald. Thank you. I have been gone for some time, but in the time since I've returned it seems the Nars are a shell of their former self. I think that perhaps a Harvest Festival may be in order for Norwick. This festival of sorts would most likely drum up interest in the area, bringing some much needed traders from the surrounding areas and giving our brethren a chance to spread morale and build camaraderie amongst their neighbors. It need not be elaborate, but I think a day of celebrations on the parade fields and a gala in the Great Hall that eve will do wonders for the climate here. If you accept this proposal, I'd be more than willing to assist in the endeavor, going so far as to help find funding and advertise, if that is an issue."

    "I don't know where you got that idea, but it is far from the truth. Norwick has been as alive as ever, even if the undead are getting closer and closer to the gates… Regardless, a festival might not be that bad of an idea. That said, I don't really have the time to manage such a thing. I have too many crisis to handle right now. Every day, dozens of people come to this hall with requests far more important than some festival. But, if you want to handle that yourself, just go ahead and do it. I'm sure you'll find no lack of support from the local businesses and the good people of Norwick in your endeavor. Anything else?"



  • @e0ec250d71=MCPlay:

    Chief Voss looks the man up and down, trying to remember Hannibal from the old days. He doesn't seem to recognize him, though, but just as he was about to send Hannibal packing, Herald D'Cameron arrives:

    You're Hannibal, right? You've been gone for years, show up out of nowhere, and suddenly you have a proposition for Norwick? Alright, I'll bite. What do you want?

    Hannibal smiles at D'Cameron.

    "You're correct, Herald. Thank you. I have been gone for some time, but in the time since I've returned it seems the Nars are a shell of their former self. I think that perhaps a Harvest Festival may be in order for Norwick. This festival of sorts would most likely drum up interest in the area, bringing some much needed traders from the surrounding areas and giving our brethren a chance to spread morale and build camaraderie amongst their neighbors. It need not be elaborate, but I think a day of celebrations on the parade fields and a gala in the Great Hall that eve will do wonders for the climate here. If you accept this proposal, I'd be more than willing to assist in the endeavor, going so far as to help find funding and advertise, if that is an issue."


  • Narfell DM

    @f100f7ee87=SatansAdvisor:

    An armored man with a very faded Redcloak enters the Great Hall and strides directly up to Biswan with an easy going grin on his cleanshaven face. Those that know Hannibal note that he looks a good deal more presentable than usual. He stops in front of Biswan and inclines his head slightly.

    "Hello, Chief, it's been many years since I've had a reason to step foot in here. I do hope you are well. I come to you with a proposition that will be beneficial to Norwick and all of her inhabitants, if you'd be so kind as to hear me out if naught for old times' sake?"

    ((Editted Biswan out.))

    Chief Voss looks the man up and down, trying to remember Hannibal from the old days. He doesn't seem to recognize him, though, but just as he was about to send Hannibal packing, Herald D'Cameron arrives:

    You're Hannibal, right? You've been gone for years, show up out of nowhere, and suddenly you have a proposition for Norwick? Alright, I'll bite. What do you want?