Murder Veiled Red

• Culprit: M / The Red Killer
    Investigation Team:

Tentative Time - Subject to change: **29/04/2017 at 12:00 Noon EST.

Background:

There is talk of murder in Peltarch. One woman was found dead in the ice-lace, with wounds to her neck; another, in her home, with no visible causes of death or wounds to speak of save for her wrists and ankles. Another still was found in the fields West of Peltarch, totally butchered. While none of the deaths appeared connected, The Peltarch Times (clickable) newspaper have confirmed that each one is a red-haired female. Peltarch's authorities have yet to officially claim that these murders connect to one another to form a serial string - though the Peltarch Times insists that this is the case. Who he is and what his motives are are entirely unclear. There is gossip, however, among a certain few, including those well connected to the Peltarch Times, that each dead woman is found with the brand "M" on the back of their scalps, hidden past their red hair.

Rumor has it that Oscar Halbrook, the Guard Captain initially investigating M, has been put behind bars for the untimely release of Janice Putre, a known terrorist. Some say that Halbrook's fall was inevitable, given how loosely he played with the rules. Other emphasize that Halbrook denies he was the one who released Putre, and they say that it was orchestrated by M to get rid of the Guard Captain getting too close to solving the Red Killer mystery. Halbrook's hearing will take place after the next investigation, and the Magistrates are open to receiving evidence.

Investigators have examined multiple crime scenes, pinpointed and disabled one of M's music chambers, rescued one of his victims, and exchanged barbs against M in the newspapers. They've gathered what evidence they could, including a quill, dark and twisted song sheets that emit deadly music, victims' body matter, and more. They found the gondola used by the Red Killer to transport victims, connected the Red Killer to Percival Dundersnazzle, the agent of Debbie Jonsburg, one of the victims. Dundersnazzle is now behind bars.

They investigated the mansion of Kildarn estate, a former noble house of Peltarch that was abandoned during the Night Parade crisis of some months ago. The Night Parade, whispers say, is a cult of secret arcanists devoted to spreading nightmares and to the study of the demiplane of nightmares. No one is entirely clear what occurred in the mansion during the investigation, but now there are rumors–dismissed by most--of certain "oddities" happening around the mansion. Flowers in the nearby gardens are wilting, twisting, and bending towards the mansion; certain walls and wooden structures are being warped and bent, and some hear talk of a strange, otherworldly groan. The well-to-do of Peltarch scoff these rumors off as mere hearsay, and the damage as a residual consequence of the many storms and disturbances the city has suffered in recent times.

The time has come to investigate the mansion a second time.

More information about M / the "Red Killer" can be found after following the tiny little text by clicking here and scrolling down.

Investigation Team - post your availability below.

[DM Xanatos Gambit]**

• Done.

• Should be there

• The Halfling Defence League

I should be able to make that

• Tomorrow at noon EST. Please post here if you can't make it.

• **New time - This Saturday, 29/04/2017 at 12:00 Noon EST.

Sorry Fadia, meant 29th.**

• I'm available Friday after 4:00 (PDT) (7:00 EDT).

I'm pretty open this weekend, but I have soccer Sunday evening.

Z

• Whisper is available whenever Saturday. Evening Sunday.

• I just completed a week of all-day recording sessions and a weekend of concerts. I should be free most days this week, and Saturday. Sunday is iffy, especially in the late afternoon and evening.

AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, bard the bowman
    Trotter, spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, red-haired cleric of Mystra

Uh…..that was today. Also I work mon-fri so EST evenings only work for me then, from about 4:45 pm on.

This whole week though is pretty terrible for me since I'm working th NFL draft and won't be home till late at night each night until Saturday.

• **New time - 24/04/2017 at 12:00 Noon EST.

Investigators, please indicate availability.**

• I have a funeral Sunday, and it seems tomorrow doesn't work for some people. Some have noted that next weekend doesn't work either. I was hoping to squeeze this in before finals, but it looks like we'll need to delay for two weeks. I will bump this with a new time soon.

• Sat 1st is mostly a write off for me, available at the earliest between 3-5pm, and again at about 7:30 - 8pm onward (EDT).

If it works for enough people though, Ras has no qualms about avoiding a return to said mansion.

• I should be able to do Saturday 1th - I don't mind if it's on the later side, but my rule of thumb is not to -start- any event after midnight.

• AubreyMaturin wrote:

Hi everyone. I just returned from a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas. It was warm down there. It's still cold in Virginia. Oh well.

Unfortunately, Saturday afternoon 1 April is a no go for me, at least until several hours after the posted time: (12 Noon EST?=1300 EDT).

How many is several?

I will be attending a funeral for a family friend. It starts at 1300 EDT. I expect the memorial service, gravesite ceremony, and reception will take at least two hours. I should be available by 1530 EST, perhaps 1600.

AubreyMaturin

Listed time works just fine for me

• @186ec1067c=AubreyMaturin:

Hi everyone. I just returned from a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas. It was warm down there. It's still cold in Virginia. Oh well.

Unfortunately, Saturday afternoon 1 April is a no go for me, at least until several hours after the posted time: (12 Noon EST?=1300 EDT).

How many is several?

• Hi everyone. I just returned from a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas. It was warm down there. It's still cold in Virginia. Oh well.

AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, bard the bowman
    Trotter, spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, red-haired cleric of Mystra

• @f803cd2cd0=Flom:

Unfortunately, I got notice from others saying Sat doesn't work.

What are people's availability for next Saturday? 01/04/2017.

I can probably do next Saturday, as well.

Z

• @c5b8aa51df=Dorakhan:

What happened to Saturday eventage? >.>

Zero time periods work for me Sunday. 😞

Unfortunately, I got notice from others saying Sat doesn't work.

What are people's availability for next Saturday? 01/04/2017.