5e...experiences?

• So, anyone here experiment with 5e? So far, I find that the advantage/disadvantage and inspiration mechanics are wonderful.

• No excuses Vilehelm, we could use you here.

πŸ˜‰

• @d4e5dce9ae=Vilehelm:

Aww you guys!

And where do you suppose I need to find time between my 4 campaigns, wife and 3 kids and an intense boardgaming habit to actually play and level a new PC? πŸ˜‰

Who said you had to make a new one?
    Boom!

• Aww you guys!

And where do you suppose I need to find time between my 4 campaigns, wife and 3 kids and an intense boardgaming habit to actually play and level a new PC? πŸ˜‰

• @19301ceb8e=Flom:

@19301ceb8e=Vilehelm:

I'm running 3 campaigns as a DM:

Princes of the Apocalypse - pretty hack and slash with a party of new gamers
    Out of the Abyss - party of 4 female players. Very open and lots of improv required
    Curse of Strahd - amazingly written book, I'm enjoying the hell out of this one

I also play a 4th level Elven Bladesinger in Tyranny of Dragons/Rise of Tiamat and having a blast!

The system is streamlined, for sure, and the bounded accuracy means that the numbers don't escalate meaninglessly for certain builds (3.5 Diplomancer for example) so I must say I really really enjoy it.

I'm going to start writing on a follow-up of my 7 year running 3.5 Dark Sun campaign which we finished last year.

On the whole, I'm psyched about this edition and have bought and will buy every release.

Vilehelm! Get back over here! πŸ™‚

+1!

• @a343efe3c9=Vilehelm:

I'm running 3 campaigns as a DM:

Out of the Abyss - party of 4 female players. Very open and lots of improv required

I also play a 4th level Elven Bladesinger in Tyranny of Dragons/Rise of Tiamat and having a blast!

The system is streamlined, for sure, and the bounded accuracy means that the numbers don't escalate meaninglessly for certain builds (3.5 Diplomancer for example) so I must say I really really enjoy it.

I'm going to start writing on a follow-up of my 7 year running 3.5 Dark Sun campaign which we finished last year.

On the whole, I'm psyched about this edition and have bought and will buy every release.

Vilehelm! Get back over here! πŸ™‚

• I'm running 3 campaigns as a DM:

• I'm a druid in a 5e campaign and really enjoying it. We seem to spend less time looking up rules than in previous editions. I didn't ever play 4th ed. so can't compare it - went from 3.5 to Pathfinder to 5e. The only things I don't like so far are the lack of skills, and how it's hard to gain languages as you level up.

• The heavy concentration requirements and limited active time of most spells are the only things I really dislike so far. I'm not sure unlimited cantrips make up for it. Sorcerer Metamagic does not extend the spells enough to warrant consideration either.

• Currently playing Curse of Strahd and DMing Out of the Abyss (with a little Narfell put into it, because I couldn't resist tying it all in a neat package), and I have to say I'm having a ton of fun. The mechanics are streamlined, Wizards got a huge slap on the heehee because of the Concentration mechanics so we don't have to wait 10 hours for them to buff the party before combat starts… And the Advantage/disadvantage thing is a great addition, IMHO. πŸ˜„ All in all, I think the 5e really atoned for the sins of its predecessor. πŸ˜›

• Legion

You know, as they add supplemental content, locations, etc. I like 5th more and more. Like you said, it was simplified a lot and going with just the Player's Handbook it's almost like a slightly more fleshed out version of Dungeon World rather than our beloved D n' D.

Personally, I've taken advantage/disadvantage and added it to the Pathfinder game I'm running and it's much easier to keep track of versus +/- based bonuses.

I also really love all the tables for throwing together an adventure on the fly. (Not that I ever do that, all my adventures are meticulously planned… πŸ˜‰ )

• Love it. It seems it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

• I'm in a 5e campaign in fantasy grounds with some of my work buddies, all in all I find the system pretty streamlined. There's some mechanical changes here and there that are a little too simplified but I think anyone used to playing older editions will probably have that kind of baggage!

All in all, its been a pretty good campaign and the 5e stuff hasn't impacted on the story, which would have been my main fear.

Also, a shout out to fantasy grounds, it makes cross-country tabletop sessions extremely easy (for the player anyway, I'm pretty sure our poor DM still has a lot of work to do!).

• ….verah nahce...verah nahce indeed...

• I SO misread that title.