Server Transfer

• Alright boys and girls, I've been prepping a server move from DrD's physical box to a new VPS Linux Box located somewhere in Chicago. Aside from changes to the back end, the only thing YOU as players should notice:

• Faster connection
    • 24/7 up-time
    • Fixed server IP Address

The only inconvenience will be: down time needed for keeping the SQL database (think persistent storage) and server vault consistent across these moves.

Stay tuned.

• Server migration in progress.

• The Halfling Defence League

Just to reiterate what others have said, you guys all rock.

• So the two things that need to happen for transfer:

Backup/transfer server vault.
    Backup/transfer SQL database.

These are not terribly large but the process may take anywhere from 30 minutes to hours depending on DrD's upstream bandwidth.

I intend to take care of it some time midweek this week if testing is completed to my satisfaction.

I will leave access and restart instructions with DrD and Thurgood in case the server goes down while I'm away in the future.

• @d5df905d71=Voight:

Dorakhan and DrD - you guys are awesome. Thank you so much for keeping this server running 15 years later. Everyone here appreciates everything you guys do! 🙂

• Dorakhan and DrD - you guys are awesome. Thank you so much for keeping this server running 15 years later. Everyone here appreciates everything you guys do! 🙂