The Letters

• Wrote in beautiful elvish script the following letter was sent to Alvar:

Dear Alvar,

I had hoped to find you before we left but we had little time to search. Sy'wyn and I are planning on traveling to a land I have never heard of. What exactly we are doing, I am not for sure. I know we are seeking out a sage of the Romani to look over a book and a scroll. Please forgive me for not finding you, but packing for the trip and preparing ourselves has been of most importance lately. It sounds as if we will be away for several months. I fear not the road we travel but leaving my family behind.

Please watch over the family while we are away and keep up the search for Amendale. Pray for our safe return, for you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Love Fadien

P.S. Llach is in charge, Sy'wyn said so.

• Found in the waterproof scroll case hung around the neck of a skeleton wearing the clothing of a messenger, twenty years from today:

Dear Fadien,

I hope that both you and Sy'wyn receive this letter and that you are well. I have been spending much time with our cousins Pyavain and Llach. Both Czarro and Sarvos are doing good as well. There is still no word on Amendale, and I am begining to fear the worse. I believe his Imp has eaten him, though I must confess that I know nothing of such magics.

Thank you for the gifts. I know we will all treasure them.

Please hurry back. I grow bored and restless without direction. I know Llach is in charge and I believe he is more than capable as a leader. Still I sometimes have trouble understanding what he is trying to say.

Please return.

Yours,

Alvar Blackwood

• Smiles as he reads through the letter, chuckling softly as he reaches the ending. He folds up the letter and flowers, and carefully places them next to the first letter. He then looks closely at the silk piece, kissing it softly and smiles before folding it neatly into his pack.

• The second letter entitled Bow is wrote in tiny perfect elven script. Little hearts adorn the corners of the page. Upon opening the second letter to Bow, two things can be found. The first being some dried flowers not native to the Narfell area. The second item is a finely woven, embroidered square strip of silken cloth. The cloth is an off white, with a few darker cream colored spots stained upon it. In elvish a small F is embroidered onto the corner of it.

Dearest Bow,

I pray this letter finds you well. I now regret more than ever not finding you before we left for our journey. These few weeks without you have been horrible. I can not stop thinking of you and of our times together and out of habit I am always looking over my shoulder, searching for you. Hoping that my some small miracle you had followed me and was just waiting to jump out of the shadows and surprise me. Though I know this is silly, a girl can still dream.

I hope you like the gift I sent. It is not much, but it means a lot to me. A lady in the camp we are staying in made it for me after she saw me crying in the woods. She is by far the nicest round ear I have ever met. Her name is Lexicus and she comes to visit me everyday. I like to stick close to the edge of the woods because there is a stupid round ear boy that has made my stay in camp miserable. She seems to understand and chases the boys away when they come around trying to touch my ears. There are no other elves in camp besides Sy and Yuna, so they treat us like attractions. She also goes with me to hunt and pick berries. Though it is hard for us to communicate, my common being a bit rough, she has become what most would call a friend. I showed her how to write in elven and she sewed my initial on a piece of silk. I thought maybe you could hold it for me until I get home, if you don't want it. It is a bit tear stained, but I wanted you to know that is how much I miss you.

I pray that our journey home will be soon, though I doubt this is the case. I drew a map of our path here and sent it to Alvar. If we do not return within the next six months, perhaps you could journey up with my family to see me, or find out what has happened to us. I miss you dearly and pray for our reunion to be soon.

Missing you,
    Fadien

P.S. If you have found another lass I want you to know I think you are a mean man who never really loved me then. Please give the silken cloth to my cousin Llach until I return if this is the case.

The P.S. section is wrote, not as skillful and as if written by a shaking hand.

Daria Arndon
    Nicahh
    Fadien Blackwood

• _A slightly crumpled bundle of letters arrive from a fellow Romani claiming he is from the northern land of Rashemen. Amongst the bundle two letters stick out. Wrapped in strips of leather the parchment seems a bit over loaded as if something is stuffed inside them. The writing on the outside is done in a delicate eleven script. One letter clearly says The Blackwood Family, while the other one says Bow, though Bow's name is a bit washed out as if a couple raindrops have fallen upon the parchment. Both letters smell faintly of flowers.

Upon opening the first letter to the family, three things can be found: Several dried pressed flowers, not native to the Narfell region. The claw nail of a lion, a tiny hole punched in it and a strip of leather ran through it, making it into a necklace. And finally a crudely drawn map detailing the path that the party had traveled, starting from the landing point of Lake Ashane and ending at Immil-Vale. Along different points of the map there are notes detailing what creatures they encountered, people they spoke to and what the terrain was like in each area._

Dear Family,

I hope this letter finds you all well. Sy'wyn and me are fine. We have encountered some hardships on our journey, but nothing has been as hard as being away from our family and home. You would be proud of us family, we have fought and journeyed our way across this savage land and made it safely to our destination. We are currently in a gypsy camp called Immil-Vale. The round ears here are nice enough I guess, they act every much like the ones back home. You no bother them, they no bother you. Though I much prefer the comforts of the woods and have taken to sleeping among the forest creatures. It also appears there is one young round ear who has taken a liking upon me and he tries to sneak up on me and grab my ears. A couple swats across his rear with my bronze rapier have cured him of that habit.

I know not how long we will be here, for the book and scroll we traveled up here with is written in an ancient script and few that live can translate. Sy'wyn said it might be a couple months before we head toward home. In a few days we are to journey further into ImmilVale to find an elder woman by the name of Rubcavi. She is said to be wise, though insane. Seems she raises armies of goblins and spiders, and has them attacking the surrounding areas, but she is schooled in translating the ancient writings. Pray for our safety on this next journey and may Fenmarel guide our blades if need be.

Our journey to Rashemen has been a long one. We spent almost a week upon a ship for starters. I was really sick the first few days but Sy'wyn quickly made up a solution of herbs that helped with the sickness. After what seemed like forever on this ship we pulled into port at Lake Ashane. I hate to admit it, because I vowed to myself to hate everything that kept me away from my family, but this port area was quiet lovely. I would love to have stayed there, had it not been for all the round ears that reside there. By the way, there are hardly any elves around this land we are in. The only elf we have had contact with is Yuna, who came with us. But frankly, I would rather talk to a round ear than listen to her rattle on and on about non-sense. Believe it or not she kept falling off the ship on our way here. Maybe on the way home, I no tell anybody if I see her fall off the edge again.

The land here is very much like home. The port we came to be covered in snow and the surrounding land was plagued with worgs, wolves, and goblins. Battling them, I almost felt like I was home. Though I have to admit I miss Alvar and his perfect swing. Journeying with your family is very different from traveling with acquaintances. It has taken Sy'wyn and me some time to get accustom to our parties battle plans, but now we seem to all work well as a team. The goblins here seem to be stronger than the ones we find back home, unless you go deep into the goblins territory. We have run into many goblins that are skilled archers, some magic users and others that threw grenades at us. But like always, I would sneak up upon them and place an arrow in their spine, stopping them in their tracks. Deeper into our journey we encountered wild animal, much like the ones we would hunt north to the stone city Peltarch. I am thankful for these creatures, for Sy'wyn and mines food supply was growing short. Now we have some meat dried, I pray it is enough to see us home, although hopefully we will get the chance to hunt before we head home.

As you can tell I sent you the claw of one the lions that I wrestled to death with my bare hands. Ok, I admit I did not kill it with my bare hands, but I did place an arrow deep in its heart. I made the claw into a necklace, I thought Llach might like to have it. Or he could hang it around Grr's neck and that way we always know which dog is his. I also sent Py some flowers I found growing amongst the snow. I had not seen anything like them before and thought it would be nice for her to have a token from the journey we have taken. And I did not forget about you Alvar, so I drew you a map of where we are. If we do not return within six months, use this map to come find us.

I miss you all so much. I pray everyday you have found Amen, and that he has finally shed himself of that damn mephit. I will write you again after we find the crazy elder woman and if Sy can find somebody traveling toward Narfell. Until then, you all are in our thoughts and prayers and we will be home as soon as we can.

Love Fadien

Daria Arndon
    Nicahh
    Fadien Blackwood

• When told that he is in charge (it takes a while to find the rght bear to tell) Llach rolls in the dirt, laughing silently.

Waits for the others to laugh too.

They don't.

Llach recoils and runs off to think. In charge?

MND/Vortext

Llach Blackwood . . . .yet to tell a lie

or say anything, for that matter

wuff

• With the news of Fadien's departure, Bow has been seen spending much of his time in solitude. Though he occassionally talks to others, he seems a bit preoccupied and would rather be alone.

• Alvar prays to Fenmarel Nestarine for their safe and speedy return.

• The second letter is also wrote in perfect elven script, yet a strip of leather is wrapped about the letter, a flower tucked in its fold. The name Bow, clearly written on the outside of it.

Dearest Bow,

I pray this letter finds you well. I regret to imform you if you have not already heard that Sy'wyn and I will be away for several months. We are traveling with a small party far away from this land in search of awnsers about the undead that walk the forest around camp. I think I heard Sy say we will be leaving by ship, and just between us, I am scared just thinking of leaving. Though I have never cared for this land, Sy'wyn calls it home, thus it is my home too. I wish I had more details to where we are going, but I could no longer stand to listen to that Katya lady in the tree. She smells funny and kind of scares me actually. Though she seems nice and very wise, I am just scared of the power she holds and where she is sending us. Sy'wyn has faith in her it seems so I shall follow his lead.

Also, I understand if you find another elven lass while I am away, for I know not how long we will be away. Although, if you choose not to, I will be happy with that choice too. Pray for our safe return and help watch out over my family. You will be in my heart always…

Love Fadien

A little heart, drawn in red ink adorns the bottom of the page. Inside the heart a picture of a bow is drawn with rays of light all around it.