Hen's Trial

• @c30cc1a470=ClownBaby:

The newly constructed fighting pit in Norwick has already been sabotaged. That didn't take long! Although the pit has been met with great excitement from the majority of the town folk, some who are welcomed into the town would call them barbaric would choose to disrupt a traditional entertainment of these people. More than disrupt, murder. Any detectives are welcomed and encouraged to take on the case, information on the crime is available to any interested parties within the Great Hall.

After terrible screams erupted within the pit's cave, several Norwick guards were seen rushing into the pit where a vicious battle ensued. Bloodied and beaten, the redcloaks emerge from the caves with the corpses of three men and several butchered animals. The wounds of the animals suggest they were killed by eachother as well as the guards. It is said through the Grapevine that someone snuck inside and unlocked the cages of every single captured animal, leading to the bloody tragedy.

Several redcloaks marched out of the barracks lead by Chief Bron and Davos. They headed straight for the town center where Hen was casually sitting with her bow at her side, enjoying the company of companions. The men marched through the company, interrupting any conversation while wearing fierce scowls on their faces, all directed at the legion sergeant. Once surrounded, she and Davos exchanged several words while those in the company of the elf spoke up now and again. Moments later, Davos gave a nod to his entourage and they made their way back towards the Great Hall while Chief Bron lingered to spit a final remark before joining them.

Heard through the Grapevine is the rumor that there is going to be a trial in one tenday for the deaths of the men killed in the fighting pit caves and that Hen is the number one suspect…

//A date has not been set, lets start with whatever works best for Tiger and go from there. Everyone is welcome to join the spectacle and participate in whatever degree they would like. As far as I know there are several options of trial in Norwick's laws for the accused to choose from, so there may be several ways for players to participate.

• After a lengthy trial, a dead eyed Chief Bron was seen heading straight to his tribe's quarters while Hen was seen walking free of the Great Hall shortly after with her companions in tow. It appears the charges of murder against her have been dropped, but instead of leaving immediately as was expected, she seems to be aiding Norwick's newly appointed "beastmaster" Rasuil about town.

• // I might be fashionably late.

• @fbbacb5158=ClownBaby:

//Event will start Friday, 7/29 at around 7pm EST. I don't expect it to take very long, but with Hen you never know…

(( :twisted: 😎

• After many days of investigation and deliberation, the trial of Hen for the charge of multiple murders is about to begin. Benches are brought into the Great Hall, along with a table and three chairs facing the benches. Between the table and benches are two smaller tables, one to the left and one to the right.

The doors remain open to the public and several figures begin taking their places.

Herald D'Cameron and Davos arrive and D'Cameron takes her place at the center of the table. They are soon followed by Chief Voss and Chief Bron. Voss takes his seat beside D'Cameron and Bron takes his behind one of the smaller tables.

Public figures soon file in and take their places on the bench to enjoy the spectacle.

//Event will start Friday, 7/29 at around 7pm EST. I don't expect it to take very long, but with Hen you never know…

• After the newly constructed gallows was struck with a massive storm of lightning and exploded into a thousand splinters, Chief Bron is seen walking out to the scene with several of his quickest and strongest tribesman. Among them is a common middle aged woman with long brown hair and a simple brown dress. Once among the wreckage, the woman casts several stones onto the ground at her feet, then leans over to examine them while chanting from some old language. Chief Bron and his men calmly watch the woman as they stand among the still smoldering remains of the gallows. After several moments, the woman finally stands and simply nods to the Chief, whose face grows darker as they make their way back to the tribe.

• (( For the most part I am free at all times for this event so long as I wake up. So I talked wiht CB and doodled out that Friday would be a good place to start, or whenever a suitable viewing audience that CB would like it online together.

–edit--

Come change in circumstance alleviates any time constraints on anyone!

• Dwin overhears the remark and snorts.

Innocent until proven guilty? Ha!

What ever HAPPENED to that, you ask?

I'll tell you… its never been the law here, lassie. This ain't no bard-run "jewel."

Break the law, you pay the price.

• Sergeant Alvi enters Norwick, looks at the gallows and mutters… "What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty," she walks by, "hope Hen has a good lawyer."

• Chief Bron and the men of his tribe haul fresh lumber into the fairgrounds. They work throughout the day and it doesn't take long for the construction to take shape. A large gallow with room for one now looms ominously across from the Grapevine Inn. The sun sets just as they finish. The smell of cut wood lingers around it and Chief Bron looks upon the completed structure with satisfaction before retiring for the evening.

• Within public eyes Hen seems to be 'relaxed' however she doesn't seems to move much at all, and if she was breathing at all would my a mystery to some. After her confrontation with Davos the Elf overall seems herself minus a few nerves perhaps, and for those who do know the elf they would note oddness in some of her actions. Slower to Wit, quicker to anger even, and a number of odd uncharacteristic stances including one daringly obvious stance of holding her bow with both hands with a death grip. Overall one could summarize that approaching her willy nilly may not be the wisest move and when asked to comment on the 'case' she is quick to answer.

"Terrified men seek answers in an innocent women to clear their neglect that cost their kinsmen their lives."