Notebook of Invisible Ink

• **A seemingly normal looking notebook, or notebooks more correctly, a pile of them seemingly brand new however creased across the spine of each one. Opened and closed many times over the years these notebooks hide the secrets of the self proclaimed Master Scout of Narfell, Horfirith Henoseth. Former Far Scout student to Jester, Devoute Elven Rouge of the Trickster, and Loyal if noy shadey member of the Troff Legion. Each page seems dented with writing at times, some letter easier to see than others, bolded, underlined, pluctuated as important perhaps however without the key eyes could never make good of the notes. With true seeing magic, the proper herb covering to bring out the ink, or the true way to read the written notes they would remain a secret.

Upon the Cover of the book are all the symbols of the elven gods, the All Father in the middle and the major deities surrounding it, on the back is the symbol of the trickster large and inlayed with green and brown colours. The notebooks are custom made clearly and locked with a small clasp none to hard to break into without a key but not without looking fairly obvious in the attempt.**

((It's been brought to my attention that perhaps putting my many books of notes that hen has acquired over the years to the forums may serve to shed light on the work she has done over the years. So Over the next few weeks I'll be trying to put into sentences the point form notes from the journal of hen's I keep next to my desk. I hope it can provide some kind of proof to her work and entertainment for everyone be it the story or my poor writing.

• The test, or two.

Hen would set down after her trials, she now had an official brooch and the basic kit. She was a Far Scout now and she couldn't help but feel happy about that she had a place to belong now…

"Alright Hen you're sure you're ready for this test right? It is by no means a simple test and you must always remember rules one."

"Yes yes Juster I know I know, Dead scouts never report back."

"Well then follow me… I will take you to the location of your mission." So they walked out to the kabold caves which once resided in a much diffrent location than they did now however they skipped over the one hen knew of and before long they stood before the Warrens. The cave mouth was much different than the others, this one was clearly not for the feint of heart.

"Alright Hen, inside this cave you will find the leader of the Kabolds, he carries a large beatstick just like mine… Now what I need you to do is slip inside and get me a headcount of all the kabolds in the cave and their assumed skillsets into catagories. Failure to give this basic information is a fail and you will not be able to test for another Tenday do you understand?" He looked up at her quite skeptically, it was clear he was unsure she had the skill to do it but she was animate about getting the test over with.

"Um… yes of course! I'll be able to get it done no problem you just wait here and I'll be back in no time." Hen was not overly confident but she knew she had the skill to do it she just had to stick to the book… keep to the walls... embrace the shadows as friends and blankets to hide within while the patrols pass. So she set in Juster 'waiting' outside, little did she know he was right behind her his keen eyes and Raider shortbow ready for the worst that might befall the inexperienced Elf before him.

Crawling through the cave was a timely process... one, two, three... eight... Priest... magus... warrior... elite.. they all passed her by three by three... four by four... the danger was not to be underestimated she often found herself holding her hand over her mouth and nose more than once to still her breathing as Kabolds nearly walked atop her. The whole way through the cave however she counted, waited... watched.. documented It was a trial of attrition by the time she had only made it to the end nevermind back out. Her brain was tired and her legs ached as all her muscles did from being nervous the whole time. Then she saw it, the boss and wouldn't you know it... he saw her too to the scouts dismay.

However that was the least of her problems... now she had to find a way out and quick, she wracked her brain over and over, and before she even got the conclusion... one two three! The blood of the Boss Kabold was all over her face... Justers Beatstick had delt three deadly blows to its head and it fell over twitched and dead. He didnt look up though he took a long breath with a sigh.. "Sorry Hen, it appears you've failed your test and next time.. instead of Panicing make sure you take one of these." He would set a small vial in front of her, it was a potion of invisibility. "That is a Scout saver, an anyone saver… always carry a batch of them and you'll never regret it now lets get out of here I still want your head count."

The way out went much smoother, hen knew the places to hide and wait out the patrols however the mood was heavy. She was sure she could make it and after the quickly gave the head count to Juster she hurried off quite upset to the tune of Juster voice. "You did well with the head count hen… now just work on the softness of step you can do it next time I know!"

It was a week that she had to improve, it reminded her of the Jiyyd war so little time to learn to fire a bow properly to be of any help… however she learned and she helped it was no different she would overcome. So she did, one week later and 48 kabold heads and a teasing tongue stick out at the new boss kabold and hen was made a Far Scout... a Tenday later than she wished... but no one had to know she passed it on the first try it was just bad luck!

• This is your Journal

Every scout must report, document what they find, and give advanced warning of any growing problems before they surprise us. That is the most valuable job of a scout, however never put your life below information its rule one hen. Dead scouts don't report.
    Jester was quite animate about that last bit, his face quite serious unlike his usual self as he looked up at the taller elf, Hen knew it was serious and only nodded as she took the leather bound journal.

So, I go out and scout and I report what I see here if it seems a little fishy? Should I take it with me when I go out so I dont miss the details?

Well you could… or you could get a notepad and point form out your patrol and put it into a report when you get home. That is what most of us do anyways plus its always good to have the notes and the report just in case.
    The Smaller man gave her a thumb up as Hen nodded it seemed her first stop would have to be the general market outside the office, she could only hope a notebook didn't cost as much as a meal or sword in Peltarch.

Over the years that book got much good use stained with ink spills blots and comments from her superiors, full of bad, good, ugly and useful reports alike spanning from Goblins to rebel defenders all the way to fire giants and frost giants. This was the start of many such journals, and the reason she now has so oh so many point form notes scrawled across these 'empty' pages.

Hen's Far Scout Report Log

• But Why?

You know I've been watching you for some time now, you're light on your feet silent in your breath you'd make an excellent scout you know.
    Hen turned startled by the arrival of the person next to her having only just finished walking past the deadly hobgoblins in the pass she has not been ready to face any foes. However as she turned and looked she saw no one… until she looked down to see a curious hin in purple...

Who are you? More importantly why have you been watching me that's just strange. Her voice was filled with confusion she was a fighter after all, and an archer a good one at that with the help of her Half orc friend Hirbag they could do anything. Besides, I'm no scout I'm an elven warrior I just don't have my friend with me so I walked past the Hobbers instead today.

The halfling in purple smiled as he removed the patented far scout veil from his head he had a friendly smile, it was almost disarming if he didn't still have that goblin raider bow in his hand and that beatstick in his belt.
    You know not everyone can just decide to walk from norwick to peltarch without fighting the hobgoblins, let alone the left over eastlanders that sometimes stalk the pass. It's a skill and you're a natural I can tell it's my job to tell.
    He only then slipped his bow away as he motioned her towards peltarch then.

They are basicly blind, deaf, and dumb Its not such a feat is it.. plus if you stay away from the hills the eastlanders done usually come down into the treeline, I Think they're scared of that giant blueberry of a halforc on the hill always standing there…
    She would walk on then carrying the conversation as they walked the halfling giving a small chuckle before he shrugged.

My name is Juster by the way, would you mind humouring me for a talk in Peltarch, you can decline or leave at any time if you wish however I think you might like what I have to say.
    Listening to his words she would shrug, she had no reason not to come with the hin, besides looking like a grape he seemed fairly normal, friendly even so she agreed and they made their way to peltarch and into the the headquarters of the Peltarch Far Scouts. Looking around hen didnt see anyone but Juster waved to a few hidden somewhere as we made our way to the office and he sat in the chair far to big for him looking over the desk just not meant for his size. It was almost funny but Horfirith dared not laugh.

Well Horfirith, it is nice to finally sit down with you here, I'd like to talk to you about possibly becoming a Far Scout for the City of Peltarch.
    Lofting one of her delicate brows she would gaze over at Juster, he knew her name… it was almost unnerving and it took some time for her to answer now as she considered.

Buy, why me? I mean I only try to get up the Peltarch to sell some goblin things… but I mean if you think I can do it... sounds like of cool actually...

(( edited some major typos in the good Juster Littles name