Vandalism in Norwick!!!

• One bright, early morning, the residents of Norwick awake to the usual bustle of activity as the citizenry gears up for the day. Yllalyn opens the doors to the Temple of Chauntea, her eyes still hazy with sleep, and dusts off the welcome mat. She raises her eyes skyward to the morning sun and smiles - though the smile is suddenly replaced with a look of horror.

Painted across the side of the Crafter's Union Hall - in blood red ink - is the word..

"GREED"

Word quickly spreads through town, as curious townsfolk gather around to point and whisper. Several dwarves curse back and forth in their native tongue as they hastily scrub at the vandalism, buckets in hand and rags at the ready.

//OOC NOTE - This is not my doing as a DM. This was the work of a PC who wishes to remain anonymous on an OOC level. The PC will be subject to skill rolls and a hint of random-ness as to whether anyone in town may have seen something - PM me or send me a tell IG if you wish to investigate.

• A dwarven crafter might pay the "angry elf war cleric price" should Raryldor hear about such. Though with a gut so prodigious, would anyone really miss Dwin's head?

((: P!~))

• She hides?

Hide and MS

• @7b3f03d66a=Scout-Hen:

The sneaky elven scout would watch from the side, slinking her way into the meeting to be all ears on the latest gossip

The sneaky elf might pay the "Dolvak Price" should she be caught sneaking into a meeting inside the crafting hall. Which hand does she need less? 🙂

• The sneaky elven scout would watch from the side, slinking her way into the meeting to be all ears on the latest gossip

• Dwin exits the Norwick barracks with a familiar smirk on his face. He nods to Z and any other union members and points inside the Crafting Hall.

"I Got some information from the lads in the barracks. Follow me, and I'll share it with ya inside."

• Dwin pauses, shakes his head, and heads off towards the Militia barracks.

• pauses

Oh, and another thing…

We're gonna leave it up fer a while, so all the folks in town will see the kind o' "children" - no offense kids - I gotta deal with on a daily basis.

They ain't man enough ta come talk ta me face ta face and speak their mind. Nah, they hide in the shadows and paint on defensless walls in the dead of night ta git their point across.

Cowards is what they are. Plain as the writin' on that wall - that's all the proof we need.

• @1bd2e639cc=Voight:

One bright, early morning, the residents of Norwick awake to the usual bustle of activity as the citizenry gears up for the day. Yllalyn opens the doors to the Temple of Chauntea, her eyes still hazy with sleep, and dusts off the welcome mat. She raises her eyes skyward to the morning sun and smiles - though the smile is suddenly replaced with a look of horror.

Painted across the side of the Crafter's Union Hall - in blood red ink - is the word..

"GREED"

Word quickly spreads through town, as curious townsfolk gather around to point and whisper. Several dwarves curse back and forth in their native tongue as they hastily scrub at the vandalism, buckets in hand and rags at the ready.

//OOC NOTE - This is not my doing as a DM. This was the work of a PC who wishes to remain anonymous on an OOC level. The PC will be subject to skill rolls and a hint of random-ness as to whether anyone in town may have seen something - PM me or send me a tell IG if you wish to investigate.

Although they already started scrubbing it off, Z tries to stop the others from washing it all off.

We need ta leave it up until we kin figue out who did it, but I have a pretty good idea.

Folks need ta understand that this is our livelihood. We run a business, not a charity…most of the time. But we do help with charity on occasion. Just not this occasion.

Besides…

reads it out loud "...reed." nods approvingly

It sends a positive message ta the youngsters in this town AND it does it with a touch o' irony, don't cha think? smirks

///Z investigates - PM sent.

• Brumir, working in the crafting hall, is unaware of what is written on the side of the Union Hall until he sees a group of townsfolk standing around outside.

"Oy thar, how cin ah help -"

He then notices the vandalism

"OY! Tha fark is this!?"

His face reddens in anger as he sees the vandalism. He then tells the apprentices to come out and help the others clean up the vandalism

"That daft woman openin' up tha new craftin' place must be too thick ta accept those thugs that attacked her were nay affiliated wit us."

He mutters some more, then slams the door as he goes back inside to work.

• That very morning, Shiney Battlemail is seen spending several hours scrubbing the word clean off the hall with a disappointed look on her face, only pausing when Z steps outside.