A Dryad in Norwick

• A familiar Dryad stands in the middle of Norwick, shield and spear in hand. Her body is covered in green scaled armor, her expression resolute and tinged with anger. She speaks in a loud voice, trying to overcome the general hub-bub of the town.

“It has come to my attention that four adventurers have murdered a sacred tree. The eternal spirit that was this tree has now been destroyed, forever lost to this land. Now, they have carved up its carcass to use for their own greed.

I ask that they return the products and the remnants of this tree to where it was slain, bury it and consecrate the land out of respect. If they do not, I will ask the Rawlins to treat them with the same respect they showed this sacred tree. They too will be carved up and used.

I also ask that the people of Norwick no longer do business with the following until they have made restitution – Z, Anna, Ginger, and Raryldor. The Rawlins and the people of Norwick have tried to live in harmony. Each has provided for the other. Let’s not upset this balance”

With that, the Dryad quickly changes shape, and a rather small red dragon launches into the air disappearing south over the tree line.

• @c02a441059=Wywernywin:

A flashy man sporting Waukeen's holy symbol watches the proceedings, especially paying attention to Alvaniel's actions, as well as those of the union dwarves. He approaches Z.

Pardon me, master. I could not help but overhear the discussion. Would you happen to be in need a public relations person? I offer customer service lectures as well. The better your public image, the more money you will make! My going rate would be 500 golds per week.

Heh, maybe…

snickers

• A flashy man sporting Waukeen's holy symbol watches the proceedings, especially paying attention to Alvaniel's actions, as well as those of the union dwarves. He approaches Z.

Pardon me, master. I could not help but overhear the discussion. Would you happen to be in need a public relations person? I offer customer service lectures as well. The better your public image, the more money you will make! My going rate would be 500 golds per week.

• Dwin sees the 'bill' that was left on the counter and reads it, his face growing darker and his face growing in concern… beads of sweat on his forehead.

I got to take a hin-sized shite... anyone mind if I use this to wipe my arse with? Din't think so...

Dwin rushes off, tight-assed, with his new toilet paper in hand.

• Sends a bill to the Legion

"One Electrum pick used by Maythor* 1000K per swing…. 50 swings 50,000 in gold seems are fair trade correct since we never discussed terms before use. Seems like good Union terms. Or Maythor be dismissed because he did not use union equipment instead electrum tools used by a filthy on-union elf. Definitely used non-union inferior tools. Not even sure how he was able to get any ore using such shitty tools.

• @49a091285d=Araighn:

Brumir rolls his eyes at the accusations

"Trees bein' 'sacred?' Me arse! Is tha grass sacred too? How 'bout dirt? Should we all git on our knees an' worship horse shite as well!?"

He motions towards towards Gemli's shop

"Tha only gud tree…..."

Z throws a disapproving sideways glance at Brumir and shakes his head.

@49a091285d=StCroix:

Alvaniel Danicen walks to the Union Hall and places her bow she purchased from Z and asks for a refund. If is is Union policy for Union members to claim all the resources gathered and all the gems as well and then a share of the other loot, yet a member of the party needs to mine but did not bring any picks, has to use a non-members picks and still they claim all resources. Gathering resources when they would not have been able to reach said resource without help of non-members. So on said trip while we were fighting off enemies on all sides and said Union member was too busy to fight and instead was gathering resources. Thought ethics would have been more included in said Union, instead of greed and disgrace. I would much rather use a mundane bow than a bow crafted with such ethics and disregard for any others.

will wait until a union member is online to trade bow or discuss this practice

///I'm confused by this post.

Is this an inside conversation (in which case it should be a PM) or is she yelling loudly enough for others to hear outside? It makes a difference.

Let me know here or IG and I'll be happy to respond. 😉

• The next day, Z makes his way through town looking for Raryldor, and he does not look happy…

I just had a conversation with Miss Myrrha, an' she told me an interestin' story about what he said about this trip that everyone's in a hubbub over.

It seems that he left out a few key details in his version ta her, that are different than what I heard. But I promised 'er I'd get to the bottom of it.

Where is he?

Wanders off mumbling something about a snake in the grass.

• Alvaniel Danicen walks to the Union Hall and places her bow she purchased from Z and asks for a refund. If is is Union policy for Union members to claim all the resources gathered and all the gems as well and then a share of the other loot, yet a member of the party needs to mine but did not bring any picks, has to use a non-members picks and still they claim all resources. Gathering resources when they would not have been able to reach said resource without help of non-members. So on said trip while we were fighting off enemies on all sides and said Union member was too busy to fight and instead was gathering resources. Thought ethics would have been more included in said Union, instead of greed and disgrace. I would much rather use a mundane bow than a bow crafted with such ethics and disregard for any others.

will wait until a union member is online to trade bow or discuss this practice

• Brumir rolls his eyes at the accusations

"Trees bein' 'sacred?' Me arse! Is tha grass sacred too? How 'bout dirt? Should we all git on our knees an' worship horse shite as well!?"

He motions towards towards Gemli's shop

"Tha only gud tree…..."

• Hearing a ruckus outside the hall Z comes out grumbling. Upon hearing the accusations, Z calmly replies as she prepares to fly off…

You should git yer facts straight before ye go around slingin' accusations, lassie.

First of all, I wasn't even there. So, don't go draggin' me into this.

Second, I don't know anything about anyone "murderin' a sacred tree." Sacred to who?

I do know that some folks went loggin', and they came back with some rare, but not unheard of, timber. I hate ta tell ya, but loggin' is a pretty common thing fer wood crafters ta do. Do you not approve of our profession in general, or is this somethin' different?

Third, I hear ya say "four adventurers" and callin' people out by name - one of which I know fer sure is wrong. But, as I understand it, there were others on the trip. It's interestin' how some o' their names seemed to have slipped yer mind - I wonder why.

Fourth, if you got a problem with me or any member of the Union, my door is always open. Come talk ta me about it, so we kin get to the bottom of it. Don't go spoutin' off accusations about somethin' you, apparently, know very little about.

Finally, don't threaten me or anyone in the Union. I, like most folks, don't take kindly ta threats, and I'll be a lot less receptive to yer grievances and/or solutions if they come shadowed in threats.

• Anna looking quite irritated, to those who may confront them about it, she would speak.

"False claims have been made, Z and I were not present upon the collection of resources. I will not have my own reputation as a Chauntean be besmirched by such claims. Know that I can, and will do what I can to make restitution if a sacred tree HAD been harmed."

She looks quite irritated, and would further reply.

"Should this dryad return, please direct her to the Chauntean church or myself, and I plan to have this matter resolved and restorations will be made."