The Siege - Favorite Moments!

• Well as the title says I figure everyone has THAT MOMENT from the plot that they really will remember it by, such as old event examples for me.

Jiyyd War: Krig getting all 30+ of us to Sing to Tempus fighting orcs and giants which caused us all to get random buffs and the front liners to get heals!

Fendom Lich: Poor Sirion snickers

The great Dragon Sharn: 'I wonder whats around this c– dead -- it was a dragon.

In This Plot, I have had a lot of moment to remember however this one stuck out to me the -most-!

Abigail holding the Gate of Angry orcs in the Final, and Fraith spawning down who for IC reasons wanted her TOAST. When he flapped down Abigail was trapped between 3 Orc Blade masters and a big ass dragon, to which she very quickly was dispelled and had to drink 3 healing potions while bravely(stupidly) saying. "You can't kill me that easily!" To think she almost got fried a fourth time too but ended up LIVING through what I though would be certain death.

• Brightening whenever a Retriever showed up! Everyone else hated them… they're big and nasty and can strip the armor off you... but except for the orcs they were about the only things we fought that Dodger could reliably hit and damage; everything else either had a stratospheric AC or damage resistance. So I was always thrilled to see them.

• From the Nexus group's perspective, I think my favourite moment was when Lana'thal Bloodletter turned sides, the truth finally revealed to her that she'd been Dagon's pawn all along, rather than Garagos chosen. Nica had hoped, but never quite dared to believe that reason could win over blood. I was fully expecting a bloody showdown with this main protagonist, but instead she became an ally! A great moment among many rememberable ones.

And the Nexus… the screaming, endless Nexus with the doorways of vexation! Going in seeming circles, while the shouts from Peltarch sounded more and more dire - that definitely added such an intense feeling of frustration to bring to life in character.

For giggles: Rasuil's wholly inappropriate delight in opening the locks on Cera's tree with his magic rod. Innuendo at its best - or worst! And much needed comic relief. :lol:

• I had to miss four hours of the finale due to RL commitments, (and still made it back in time to defend the South Gate for over an hour). But Shesarai had a fun-filled moment during the preliminary phase when we discovered several giants gathering near the west wall. A group of adventurers went up on top the wall just north of where the gate used to be to watch them preparing. I took Shesarai up alone and concealed to the jutting battlement south of the ex-gate, watching for an opportunity.

One of the giants noticed all the adventurers and started throwing rocks at them, but their leader, a huge red-hued giant smacked one of his cohorts in the head and ordered him not to waste ammunition, but to save it for the wall. That's when Aelthas began taunting him, saying he threw like goblin. The chief became enraged and half a dozen giants roared and ran towards the wall. Shesarai saw her chance, rose from her concealed position, and hit the charging group of giants with two Dwarven Bombadment arrows that were gifted to her for helping the dwarves defend Aura Runedar. All six giants took some damage and the chief then yelled for his team to retreat out of range. I had to leave at that point, but went away well satisfied.

AubreyMaturin

• For me, for the siege this is a no-brainer, singing the Song of the Sword Dancer and watching Shallyah save our collective bacon!

I told Void in advance I was planning on doing this only when the Balor was poised to attack personally, but there were at least three separate occasions where I had typed out a tell to him saying basically "lol we're gonna die, change of plans I'm singing it now!", but I reneged at the last moment! Totally nail biting!