Age question

• So I attempted the math on Atel with the Narfell time passage from when she was created and well…even for an elfling she would be VERY VERY old. maybe someone can do the actual math for me to verify what I got. But when I designed her back in early 2004 she was 20.

So with me coming back after so long how the ever living toothpicks am I supposed to role play her age when its apparent that most people are either gone/ dead. (Theaon as the exception, of course <3)

Maybe she got lost in Sigil somewhere and traveled back to Toril at relativistic speeds....

Just looking for feedback. I'm teetering on retiring her anyways because there isn't much story left to tell with her.

• @9e29fddb07=MCPlay:

@9e29fddb07=Wywernywin:

Unless you are immortal, you are not immortal.

I… Well. I... don't know how to respond to this. I feel enlightened.

But (not so) seriously though, Narfell is a weird place. Probably something about the menhirs gives everyone extended life. Or maybe it's that secret ingredient in the Soylent Green every character eats while the players are logged out.

It's pixels….SOYLENT GREEN IS PIXELS!!! OH GODS!

• @43a1516656=Wywernywin:

Unless you are immortal, you are not immortal.

I… Well. I... don't know how to respond to this. I feel enlightened.

But (not so) seriously though, Narfell is a weird place. Probably something about the menhirs gives everyone extended life. Or maybe it's that secret ingredient in the Soylent Green every character eats while the players are logged out.

• Unless you are immortal, you are not immortal.

• @6f56fdd8cc=its_a_fire:

@6f56fdd8cc=Mooncandies:

Relevant on this subject; can people roleplay they found a way to become immortal or extend their life without DM approval?

Have you asked a DM or two if they'd be willing to run an plot like that?

Got no old geezers to worry about at this point, I tend to get bored of characters after 4 years and retire them for something new. It was more a general inquiry.

• I've rp'd Chaevre having extended her life through necromancer but the effects are quite visible.

Cyrian should be long dead but still alive due to healing and resurrection as I mentioned in my previous post.

I've never seen or heard of anyone being forced to retire a character due to age so it's safe to say that it's globally acceptable to play a character that doesn't age. Immortality though is another story, everyone can die.

• @50e5c9b997=Mooncandies:

Relevant on this subject; can people roleplay they found a way to become immortal or extend their life without DM approval?

Have you asked a DM or two if they'd be willing to run an plot like that?

• @fa8dd1266b=Mooncandies:

Narfell does not enforce age limit, or when player character matures or ages.

When i played Attentus, i used 'Longevity Potion' as rp-excuse for ic purposes.

It wasn't perfect solution, eventually it failed him - so he aged quickly, turning to the very dust in a few of days.

Then i retired him.

Now Chea Allin uses 'Longevity Potion' too, as she's Attentus' student. My other characters do not have it.

i think it's nice, better roleplaying, to explain long lifespan ic-ly somehow instead of just ignoring ic-reasons and play for years as other characters grow old and die of old age.

• Relevant on this subject; can people roleplay they found a way to become immortal or extend their life without DM approval?

• The way I lime to role play it is that healing magic, regenerative magic, and resurrection have an age reversing effect on the body.
    Think wolverine

• The Halfling Defence League

My hin specifically states that that's what she's doing when we stop to rest, so there's that.

• Legion

@ef11694af8=Lagermane:

A character's actual age is one of those things everyone just pretends isn't there, the way our characters all think nothing of walking around for 48 hours straight, in heavy armor, exerting ourselves, and not only do they not go out of their head from fatigue they NEVER USE THE BATHROOM.

Some things you just have to ignore to have a PW like this work.

I'd just like to say … my characters always "use the bathroom". Probably use the bathroom a little too much actually.

Feel free to drop extra RP XP on me any time you like.

• A character's actual age is one of those things everyone just pretends isn't there, the way our characters all think nothing of walking around for 48 hours straight, in heavy armor, exerting ourselves, and not only do they not go out of their head from fatigue they NEVER USE THE BATHROOM.

Some things you just have to ignore to have a PW like this work.

• Short answer: The age you want her to be.

We traditionally use a simple conversion. 1RL month = 1 Narfell year. This is not enforced, but should be respected in some measure, at least in cases when adventurers are having children, and want them to get to adventuring ages.

That said, most people bend time to greater or lesser extent to suit their interests. In some cases adventurers never die of old age, or have a child that in 3 real months is already 18 years old so they can start playing it as a PC, so over time the 1RL month = 1 Narfell year became more a guidance than a hard rule.