Isolde Garibaldi

• alt text

Height: 5'6 ft / 168 cm
    Weight: How ~dare~ you?!
    Skin Tone: Pale and creamy
    Skin Texture: Fine and flawless, without so much as a freckle to marr the smooth and ever youthful perfection of her skin
    Eyes: Dark blue, the colour of the evening sky before it turns to black
    Hair: Glistening crimson, Isolde's long mass of curls is always well kept and frequently scented with a hint of honeysuckle. She typically wears it in an artfully loose bun, allowing carefully selected corkscrew curls to fall flatteringly around her face and neck.
    Accent: Polished and posh, with a soft southern touch
    Recognizable Features: Beautiful and well aware of it, Isolde is rarely seen without an extra dash of red to her full lips or the odd glittering bauble to highlight her hair.
    Commonly spoken languages: Common, Damaran
    Race: Human
    Equipment Worn: Light (and tight) leather armour with a silver lining, bearing the mark of House Wyvernspur and a midnight sash clasped around her small waist. Coupled with this are usually a cloak made of a dark, decidedly strange sort of leather and an actor's mask, covering the top half of her face. When not adventuring, she seems to prefer pretty gowns and expensive clingy silks.
    Equipment Carried: A gorgeous rapier fashioned out of stained glass, an old-school Raider shortbow and a large ornate shield, awash with illusion magic. She typically travels light, but has a vast array of small magical trinkets, rods, wands and scrolls for nearly any occasion. A black-and-red book with a stylized 'G' often hangs from a loop around her sash, beside a curious set of serpentine pipes. Fastened to her pack within easy reach is also a small harp.
    Left Handed or Right Handed: Right handed
    Jewelry or Decorations: Yes, please! Immeasurably fond of beautiful things, Isolde loves jewelry best of all. On her right hand, she now favours a stunning gold ring set with a large ruby, while the left always sports her mithril wedding band with a stylized lion motif, set around an exquisite sunfire gem. A variety of fancy necklaces take turns in gracing her slender neck, though in combat it's usually a rather humble looking chain with a dull blue sapphire pendant. Her ears tend to sport a wide variety of sparkly, dangly earrings, but one piece remains ever the same: from her left ear, suspended on an almost invisibly thin mithril chain hangs an orange, lidded eye with tendrils of auburn emanating from it. The eye almost appears to follow the viewer, and has a curious mix of mysterious knowledge and smug showmanship to it. Nestled in her dark red locks is her favourite hair pin, tipped with a large smoke-coloured sapphire.
    Relatives: Her husband Nate Wingates
    Body Build: Slim and feminine, with all the brawn and toughness of a fawn. And while she'll huff at the notion, there's no denying that Isolde packs noticably more junk in the trunk than at the front - much to Nate's delight.

Music:

Isolde's voice and singing style, I've always imagined as a mix between Loreena McKennitt and Tori Amos (coincidentally both redheads), with a little bit of PJ Harvey thrown in for extra melancholy notes. Songs by all three have gone through my head during certain periods of Isolde's existance, and some I've had her sing in game, too.

Loreena McKennitt - a celestial voice and music that befits a world of adventure and mystery! The whole of 'The Mask and Mirror' album suits Isolde well, particularily within the plots tied to the Night Parade and certain desert themed adventures. 'The Mystic's Dream' for instance, and 'Marrakesh Night Market' which captures the roguish, snake-charmer's side of Isolde.

Tori Amos - as angelic and ethereal a voice as the artist above, but also quirky, full of empathy and moxy, making it difficult to choose which songs to name. But a recurringly great fit for Isolde's whimsical, happy moments is 'Bouncing off Clouds', which doubles as the Isolde and Aesso theme song. And with titles such as 'Sugar', 'Honey' and 'Baker Baker', who can doubt the fit for Isolde?

PJ Harvey - one of my favourite artists, but alas too cool and raw at times to suit Isolde. Harvey's style of singing changes so much according to the feeling she wants to portray though, and the softer vunerability and melancholy of some songs resonate more than well. One of my favourites for Isolde is 'Who Will Love Me Now', which she has performed in game on at least one occasion.