Book Recommendation

• If you have an interest in Persistent Worlds and the history and social dynamics thereof, may I suggest 'Empires of Eve', by Andrew Groen, which is a history of the nullsec empires of Eve Online from around 2003-2010. It's a very well-written, well-researched look by a serious journalist, and the sort of thing I sort of wish Narfell was big enough to merit.

It's of particular relevance now as the player power blocs of Eve are currently realigning in a major way, with the empire that has been on top of the heap since 2010 or so tottering and looking ready to fall; expect articles in the gaming press on it eventually.

• Oh gosh….I was part of the nullsec wars in EvE back then with Band of Brothers. My alliance was on BoB's side. So many memories, so much time wasted.

• Though I have never played Eve I always end up hearing about it because its always just that interesting, I had actually heard some big stuff was indeed going down and you're now the third person to recommend this so I guess I really should hunker down and give it a read.