Ramblings of the Nomad

• The rain fell hard upon the land, coating the world in its cold touch, many hid went from cover to cover, hiding away from the tears from the sky. All bar a select few, one of these few being a fairy dragon, dashing about in the rain, letting forth happy chirps and churrs as it raced around.

Her companion was a young human sitting upon a windowsill to relax with the rain without getting wet, his gaze wandering around slowly as he took the scene in, watching with a faint smile on his lips as a hand wandered slowly to the back of his head briefly, rubbing a long since healed wound absently.

Time continued to slowly pass and the young man grasped an empty book and quill, beginning to take notes within it.

Time, I fear has once more introduced me to the fact that I am still not capable of remembering everything. So I write now in the hopes to look back on these events and laugh, that and the hopes that others can read from this and potentially learn from my own mistakes and build upon my successes.

I finally arrived in the land of Narfell, the land almost seemed in a constant state of Raining and soon to be Raining, rarely ever letting up and whilst the land has been hostile in more then a few ways, it has also been a land of discovery and companions. I have learned many lessons since walking through the gates, not all of them ones that should be repeated or revisited.

I have found many of those in the cities are good people, often concerned for me and I find this refreshing, many look upon my frail form with pity or disgust but they did not, they were concerned and tended to offer aid. A delight if nothing else.

Two major things are being underway by myself, one I hope to achieve sooner rather then later is to attain Draconic inheritance or in laymans terms become a Dragon Disciple, only time will tell if I am successful with such but there are four known living dragons within the area, a Red, Copper, White and Black. At least from what I have heard, much of my research with the Wyrvens only pointed yet further that a True Dragon would be needed to attain such a marvel, this I am hoping will aid my weakened frame and allow me to live a longer life.

The other is more saddening, I have once more felt the bite of betrayal, a young woman I had high hopes for has long since fallen into darker times and has shown her true face. I fear that I had let my guard down and this had caused me some significant harm, I only pray that she will join in time as a friend at my side rather then a dark shadow that plagues me. And for what you may ask? A bauble, a toy, an orb. This orb has been nothing but a pain however I am glad to have kept my travelling paranoia with me and long since hidden it. Time will tell if the orb will prove to be salvation for many or a danger and to be destroyed.

The human frowns a long moment as he rereads his notes, eyeing them over carefully before sighing and upon the ink drying, closes the book to settle within his bag, turning a small smile once more to the Fairy Dragon rolling in the wet grass, shaking his head briefly before dropping down.

"Zavi, come on now, Dinner and bedtime"

"But Yatagaaaaaaan"

"No buts, come on in, there will be plenty of rain for you to play in tomorrow…"

• Having spent many months attending to his nomadic business, he has found his feet once more leading him back to Narfell, his time away having changed him little at least on the inside, yet more faint displays of draconic heritage have been growing stronger upon his form, scales tinting towards green, eyes becoming a little more intense and his steps were more sure and steady.

Striding within Peltarch he was almost a new man, that same playful and mischievous grin playing about his face, acquiring a new book he would make his way to settle down on the western side of the city to watch the sunset with a glass of wine in hand.

Zavi crawled forth from her hiding place and promptly claimed his lap, much as a feline would… if a feline had large butterfly wings and dropped glitter -everywhere-.

"Well... I'm back and you are still the same chaotic land... lets see how much fun one can have this time" He lets forth a booming and echoing laugh at that.

• With the arrival of the Half Silvers upon the land and protecting the temple against those that would seek harm, one would often find a certain young human male staring at them from around the side of the wall, watching and smiling to himself the entire time, Yatagan seemed enraptured by their every movement and stance… and becoming just a little flustered if anyone pointed out his staring, his morale reaching an all time high as he threw himself into keeping those fighting the siege as well as possible, providing small wards as well as healing.

And every time he took his break, he could be found easily staring at the wonders by the temple.

• Sitting within the Inn he would be eyeing his few bottles of whiskey, the things he had buried by the western gate, seeming rather amused at his supply before with a chuckle he looks to the new crystal for his hoar- Stash of gems. A planar creature of power perhaps… or simply a prank from the Demons, one never knows.

"On one hand… you could most likely be reasoned with... I don't think many would like to be cooped up and bound in something like this... on the other hand you could be a trap..."

He rolls it around in his grip for the moment before stuffing it back within the pouch and pushing himself up, he needed to do -something- rather then just wait this siege out, Zavi was already mad at him, he could tell by the bond between the two, he strode out of the Inn and made his way instead to the walls. Remaining off to the side and away from danger until it was necesary, moving forward to grasp the wounded and fallen, dragging them back from danger and tending to what he could. Providing what aid he could with his mundane skills. A not so quick recovery but perhaps lives were saved.

• A single journal was held within his grip for a few long moments as the young man sat in silence by his camp fire before tossing it forward to begin to burn in the merry blaze, shaking his head lightly before he would glance to the side, where Zavi lay curled up, speaking softly across to her after

It seems that almost all have some hidden agenda or ulterior motive, whilst I would have loved to record my life, I fear that there are some who would gladly cut me down to take a look at what I hide, be safe when you explore within the jungles, don't do anything too rash. Its time to play the Nomads game I think.

The fairy dragon offers a single brief nod before a yawn and curled up closer to the fire.

• Yatagan, surprisingly excited would be recording swiftly within his journal, the candle having burned low and the odd scamperings of his familiar bouncing around after some dust bunnies, scattering aside small bugs in the process as well, giggling to herself as she did so.

There has been some good news in a manner of speaking, a number of things have transpired to be of help this once! At least in the ritual department!

I have found someone who would be willing to part with some Dragon blood to which I can potentially perform the Draconic Ascendency ritual and become a Dragon Desciple, though it is a Shadow Dragon it may still potentially provide the missing piece, there is only one way to find out, additionally my friend Elvadriel was taken by a White, I hope she does keep me in mind whilst she is there and perhaps gain some measure of prize from him but even if not it is at least a step in the right direction.

Additionally, I am being encouraged to teach and to write my books on studies, so I am thinking that I should find an audience of some sort, perhaps some children somewhere, I'll have to ask Elvadriel at some point

The rather excited sorcerer grinned to himself a long moment, reading over before adding a small sketch in the corner, mostly to fill up space, it appeared to be that of an odd set of blue prints almost of a dress with windchimes.

• Once more Yatagan was seated, though this time he held a hand tightly to his chest, thumping it occasionally as he took ragged breathes and coughed blood. Cursing himself for his own stupidity he would look around with blurry vision as a goblin came closer to the rather weak looking sorcerer.

The blade raised high and his vision darkened a moment only for it to come back into startling focus, the goblin naught but a drained husk, his instincts having brought the spell to mind without scarcely a thought, letting the body drop he grasped his stave and began to limp his way along, sporting a rather ragged scar over one eye now from his encounter with a Wyrven.

Upon donning the mask he often wore now, he made his way across and to the relative safety of the forest to settle down and begin to record his findings whilst he waited for Zavi to return with his healing potions he had left buried nearby.

It seems that things conspire to make it challenging for myself and Zavi to do much alone together, things have become progressively more challenging and I may be forced to request that Zavi go and hunt around along to see if she can find any traces of other Dragons, perhaps that may reveal some promising results.

In other news the Necromantic Orb that I have found has proven resistant to many elements and magical touches, though I shall be soon experimenting with Negative energy, positive energy and sheer physical force, one of these should provide a result of some sort in the near future.

A recent discovery has led me to find a wooden sword, it seems to be almost a trophy blade of some sort, well crafted but not one for war and certainly not a toy, this has led me to believe that there is some organisation somewhere that would likely welcome the return of such a thing no matter how small it might seem to be

Finally, Wyrvens are a pain in the ass in more then a few ways, though I am thankful that Zavi managed to lure them off, I will have to wait off the poison and tend to my wounds, hopefully I will be able to keep my eye, I would hate to lose that as my aim is bad enough as is, assuming the poison does not cause me to tip over

His hand writing had gotten progressively harder to read as his hand shook though he rather stubbornly held out before pausing and taking one of the many healing potions shuddering after before coughing after, gently stroking his constant companion, the Fairy Dragon. Both settled into silence simply relaxing in yet another close call with death, Zavi rather exhausted from the ordeal soon passed out over his lap.

Lifting quill to paper once more he adds in one last note

I often say that everything deserves one chance, to prove that they can sit down, talk differences and leave without violence, I am questioning my thoughts for this as I fear it may lead me down a rather dark path indeed.

Soon he too drifted off, letting the exhausting efforts of his magic to keep himself alive slip and thusly allow his body to recover a touch more naturally.