NWN Portable Install

• This has probably been asked before, but can NWN be installed to a portable HDD?

Revisiting the forums has given me that strange itch that can only be scratched by logging into Narfell.

Unfortunately, I moved to the other side of the world and left all my NWN discs at home.
    Fortunately, I think the game is only $9.99 on GoG!

• Alright, one more question guys and gals.

I finally got my CD Keys and logged in, but I get the server warning about my CD Key not matching my saved key. It freezes my character and boots me after 5 minutes if I do not identify. I have NO IDEA how to identify. Can someone explain to me what I need to do about this? An explanation with the warning message would have been nice. :roll:

Also, I'm pretty surprised my characters were still in my vault!

EDIT: Never mind! Figured it out with the !help command. 😄

• I recently DL'd from GoG so I could get a fresh install but I have one on my portable HD and both work on W10. If Im online for more than 5 hours I find I have to task messenger close it due to it crashing on close but it doesn't seem like to big of a deal. The biggest issue with the GoG one for me is sometimes it just wont start is all.

• So I am running into some issues. I did remember to find the 1.69 Critical Rebuild and install that. Doesn't seem to have helped though. The game seems to boot up fine, but these are my two issues:

1. No sound. I have tried all settings in Sound Options, I've tried running as administrator and running in compatibility mode. Nothing seems to give me sound yet.

2. While the game boots up and seems to work alright (aside from the sound issue), when I try to close the program it locks up and crashes. If I try running it in compatibility mode, not only does it crash when I try to close it, but it gives me a black screen where my only option becomes to reset my PC. Very annoying.

I'm running Windows 10. Has anyone else had these issues running NWN on Windows 10, and have you found solutions?

UPDATE: So I have sound working and the locking up/crashing problem seems to be solved as well. Apparently the game does not like me trying to start it up while the output is set to my projector. I'm guessing it's a resolution issue. I can connect the projector after launching the game, but it does this weird thing were it locks my volume and I can't adjust it afterwards.

Now I just need that CD Key from GoG…

• IIRC you'll also need the 1.69 critical rebuild patch for GoG install.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

• I ended up buying the Diamond Edition from GoG and just giving it a shot. It appears to have installed just fine to my portable HDD. I haven't fired it up yet though, looks like I will have to wait for GoG to give me a CD Key for multiplayer.

• I know when I moved NWN from computer to computer, the only thing I did was copy the folder. Worked like a champ every time. In that respect yes, it's portable.