Other Games

• I sometimes wish I could hit my head in a way that I could forget the first Mass Effect trilogy, and be able to experience it anew, to be surprised and amazed by it as if I had never known of it before.

I think Andromeda aims to deliver that experience. A new, fresh start to say "we already told you a great story you loved, but that story ended. Let us tell you another for you to love just as well."

And personally, exploring our neighbouring Galaxy with the scientific plausibility that Mass Effect typically is built I think will be make for a fantastic journey.

• I wish I was more excited for new Mass Effect.

I did love the original trilogy, and was always pining for more. Buuut it's in an entirely different galaxy? All it has in common is the game mechanics. I was hoping for adventures in the galaxy they spent sooo much time building up already that fascinated me.

• The Witcher 3, very great game. Fallout 4… looks good, we'll see! Cyberpunk 2077, looking pretty awesome in the first few videos and short gameplays you can dig from the net.

But to me, they all are fillers while waiting for The Real Thing.

The clock is ticking!

• $10 from me too!

• Yay, you guys are my heroes! 😄 Almost halfway there!

• Just sent $10USD. Would have sent more, but exchange rates are hurting me at the moment. Plus just bought an engagement ring, them things are pricey.

• Thank you! ^_^

• @de2399e60b=JerrickRafe:

I do!

chris_m_oriley@Yahoo.com is the name on the account!

$10USD sent. 🙂

• I do!

chris_m_oriley@Yahoo.com is the name on the account!

• Unfortunately, Steam doesn't allow cash gifts.

Jerrick, do you have a Paypal we can donate to? Then you can buy the game with Paypal.

• How much is Fallout 4 on the US Steam store? I'll chip in some money if others will!

• I definitely do have Steam, and you guys are way too nice to me.

It's TripleSevenATX

Fine timing, too. I'm literally on my way to the Dr. as soon as my ride gets here, then it's on to making the treatment plan. Ugh.

• Hey Jerrick, do you have Steam? I reckon some of us could chip in for a copy for you. I know I would.

Also +1 to playing Life is Strange. It was amazing.

• @1c758268bb:

Best Audio: Ori and the Blind Forest (Microsoft)

If you enjoy platformers it's tremendous amounts of fun. The art and music are both amazing.

@1c758268bb:

Gaming Performance of the Year: Ashly Burch as Chloe in Life is Strange

Everyone should get and play this game (all five episodes). Considering Life Is Strange has nothing in it but moving around, conversations, object interactions, and other choices - it's ridiculous how much it will blow your mind. It will also take your heart, rip it out, and beat you senseless with feels.

• I'm both saddened and excited for Fallout 4. Excited because I'm Rabid for Fallout, but saddened because my money is going to chemo treatments and bills soon, not fun.

Ball. -.-

I will have it someday soon, one way or another!

• Witcher 3 was great - almost too big for its own good, but the quality was consistent throughout.

I'm enjoying Sword Coast Legends for what it is - and hopefully the game will evolve - it plays like NWN2 meets Dragon Age but a PW platform it is not.

Personally I'm not so bothered by the (non)implementation of D&D5

I have Divinity - OS EE installed. I played a bit of the non EE installed, but like that one, it will probably only be played later on, after the current crop of games (read Fallout 4).

• @a8f987905a=metagod:

Ive had the witcher for almost 3 months now and havent played it yet -_-

Heretic

• Ive had the witcher for almost 3 months now and havent played it yet -_-

• Yeah Divinity was too RPG-lite for me personally.

Good to see Witcher 3 get so many awards. There hasn't been an RPG of that calibre in maybe a decade or so (apart from other Witcher titles).

• @a223168d2a=Ace-of-Spades:

So my coworker just got Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. I was watching some of it, and so far I am extremely interested in buying it. Given what type of game it is, I was almost positive there would be some discussion of it here. I was not disappointed. So…suggestions? Worth buying?

I'm into turn based strategy/tactical style combat, the DnD-esque elements, the co-op sounds promising...and it's got great reviews.

And what's this about a sequel?

To me D:OS is a must have, moreso in its enhanced and bug-free edition. Don't expect a breath-taking story, it's Larian afterall but it's interesting enough to carry you through the vast and beautiful world that is portrayed in the game. What D:OS introduces brilliantly into the genre is environmental effects, and how they interact with terrain, characters, and spells. You see a boat burning? You can either muscle your way to connect a pipe and pump water into the boat or, if one of your character has the spell, you can cast "Create Rain" and see in real time how the flames are doused and you saved the day. A lake is in your way and you can't get to the other side? Find a long winded way around the edge, or just freeze it with magic.

That carries also to combat. Through talents and equipment you can align your characters with an element of your choice and attempt to enforce your elemental affinity upon enemies you meet to keep the tide of battle in your favour. I found these "elemental battles" very addicting. For example, a band of demons tries to infuse Fire and Inferno on the battleground, while I tried to stablish Water dominance. Their poison and fire spells combine to create clouds of poisonous fumes and then explode them damaging my party, while my spells created pools that I could exploit with lightning based spells under the demon's feet for heavy area shock damage and stuns. While my water mage stands on a pool of water herself, her resistances are increased, and her spells cost less AP to cast, but the demons wouldn't allow it, targeting her constantly with their own fire spells and attacks to reduce her effectiveness. There are dozens of interactions that at least in the harder difficulty settings you need to exploit to your advantage, because walking up to the enemies and beating them down with a sword won't be enough. Your capacity to manipulate the battleground to do your bidding is the difference between winning a skirmish or having to reload a previously saved game.

There is the possibility of playing the game in full cooperative, which is quite nice for people with that possibility.

I'd say though, ask your co-worker to let you try it a bit first if you have the opportunity. MOB for example doesn't like it that much, and he's not the only one.

About the sequel, yes it's in the works. They launched a Kickstarter with a $400,000 goal and the founding raised over $2,000,000, meaning all milestones were met, and they had to come up with new extended milestone bonuses. The last of the milestones is curious, to say the least - Larian will deliver a DM client with DM functionality for multiplayer sessions of the game, along with a toolset editor.

Cue in screams for this will be the new NWN

No, but in all seriousness, if nothing else it's curious, and since it's a bonus on top, can't hurt trying it when it's out. Release date seems to be around summer next year.