The Away Thread

• I'll be traveling 5/13 - 5/17. I'll be able to check the forums and Discord during that time, but I won't be able to get IG. Have fun, but not too much fun without me! 🙂

• @03d54f3b72=AubreyMaturin:

Hey Jer. I'm in the Washington DC area. (20 miles west anyway). I have a busy week too though. Final concert of the season is Saturday. I have orchestra rehearsals Wed, Thur, and Friday evenings. I'll send you a PM with my phone number if you want.

AubreyMaturin

Lol sorry I haven't even had time to check this! Heading back today

• I'll be away for a week and change on vacation. See you all when I return after the 20th.

• Hey Jer. I'm in the Washington DC area. (20 miles west anyway). I have a busy week too though. Final concert of the season is Saturday. I have orchestra rehearsals Wed, Thur, and Friday evenings. I'll send you a PM with my phone number if you want.

AubreyMaturin

• Hey folks,

Expect possibly very little Narf time out of me for the next 2 weeks. Tomorrow til Friday I'll be in DC (Any Narfers there!?), and then the VERY NEXT DAY after I get back, I'm going to New Orleans til the next Wednesday.

So … yeah. A good week and a half or so will be mostly Jerrick free.

Yer welcome. 😛

• Quadruple Yay!

• Triple Yay!

• Double Yay!

AubreyMaturin

• @8ee4b7057e=Karnivor:

So… NWN EE seems to run ok on our semi-old laptop. Step two is to hook it up to a bigger screen and then see if I'm able to get mah lil' toons up and running IG!

yay!

• Yay!

• So… NWN EE seems to run ok on our semi-old laptop. Step two is to hook it up to a bigger screen and then see if I'm able to get mah lil' toons up and running IG!

• Busy for most of the week, back towards the end of it.

• Nothing to report just yet - I ended up procrastinating all weekend with tech-anxiety (our coffee machine has just broken down, so there's two gadgets to fix and not enough coffee to think straight while doing so). We do have a spare laptop that's not entirely ancient, might be a better option than fiddling with one that's only barely functioning as it is.

• @134a1a3622=Karnivor:

Thanks for the encouragement, folks - no news to report on the ol' 'puter front just yet, but I'll try to look into an upgrade of sorts over the weekend. Just a liiiiittle nervous that attempting anything will make my aged machine give up the ghost entirely. It's as old as my Narfell days, feels all kinds of wrong for it to now not run the game!

Where are we on this?

• One more weekend of faire, then I'll be on more often. I'm going to be starting a voice acting gig that'll take up some time, but should still be much more free in general!

• @91879272db=Karnivor:

Thanks for the encouragement, folks - no news to report on the ol' 'puter front just yet, but I'll try to look into an upgrade of sorts over the weekend. Just a liiiiittle nervous that attempting anything will make my aged machine give up the ghost entirely. It's as old as my Narfell days, feels all kinds of wrong for it to now not run the game!

If you are looking for a new machine, do NOT get a laptop running the built in Intel HD graphics no matter the iteration, the game has problems with certain tilesets on that chip and currently beamdog has no fix. FYI

• Thanks for the encouragement, folks - no news to report on the ol' 'puter front just yet, but I'll try to look into an upgrade of sorts over the weekend. Just a liiiiittle nervous that attempting anything will make my aged machine give up the ghost entirely. It's as old as my Narfell days, feels all kinds of wrong for it to now not run the game!

• @b33d60bbac=Karnivor:

So uh… my computer is too ancient to even install the fabulous new and enhanced NWN. Since I've been away anyway, this doesn't make much of a difference, though I'd been preparing to peek back in more often. Johant's going to help me with figuring out a few options but for now, getting IG is sadly a no-go.

I'm in IT, shoot me a PM and I'll help as able. 🙂

• @9bcf9ff852=Karnivor:

So uh… my computer is too ancient to even install the fabulous new and enhanced NWN. Since I've been away anyway, this doesn't make much of a difference, though I'd been preparing to peek back in more often. Johant's going to help me with figuring out a few options but for now, getting IG is sadly a no-go.

This is an outrage, who's going to stop Rey from falling off the wagon now??

• @4eefbd9295=ClownBaby:

@4eefbd9295=Karnivor:

Unacceptable. We’ve got newbs from all over visiting Hotel Narfell and we need our MVP working the front desk, so figure something out. NOW!

I'm going to buy EE sometime this week, and I expect to see you BOTH IG!