Of Beetles and Bogarts

• They come with fire and blades as they always have, but the hulking scuttling nightmares whose wake they rally behind is what keeps Norwick from sleeping at night. The guards are ragged and weary. Burning, scorching, merciless slaughter has been wrought on them too many times. They continue to do the best they can to defend their home, however, the people have seen too much blood in the streets and the obvious doubt begins to linger in the mind of nearly every Redcloak.

The murderous army of vermin have been repelled at great cost, but their numbers have seemingly yet to even be affected. They come again and again. Again and again. Goring and gashing, ripping and slicing, searing and exploding! Its only a matter of time…

Anxiety begins to grip the town and a worrying thought takes root in the heart of the townsfolk. The number of adventurers in Narfell since the days of Ostromog's reign have dwindled. Can those left truly overcome the odds or will the townsfolk have to take action into their own hands. Either way, something must be done soon.

• _In the aftermath of the great battle, a rare peace settles over Norwick. Stories begin to trickle out about the tireless endeavours of adventurers and guards, working on two separate fronts to deal with the beetles and bogarts.

In Norwick, the gates were held by heroes bright and bold: Sir Shannon D'Arneau and Lady Talindra Verados of the Divine Shield, Raryldor of Corellon and Maria, Norwick's own lady of the lake. With sword, steel and spell, the gates were held against hordes of chittering bugs and screeching goblins, never breached.

Tragedy still struck the townsfolk, however, as a number of goblin assassins stealthily made their way inside the inn to wreak bloody havoc until put down by the defenders.

Out in the Rawlins, the fighting was hot and fierce, with a multitude of raging bugbear warriors striking fear into the goblin hordes, cleaving shell and bone with their mighty greataxes. Ostromog, it is whispered, will not share the throne with anyone, though for now, his forces were far too spent to reach further than the Rawlins themselves.

And last but not least, the rumours speak of the away-team, a task force of mixed adventurers from all the towns of Narfell, including Oscura. This group, it is said, magicked their way into the heart of the goblins operations, taking out the man responsible for creating the army - Gharium the Black, a powerful spellcaster.

Some more speculative rumours attribute Gharium's death to Rasuil, the controversial ranger who, regardless of other, darker rumours, may still be held in high regard in Norwick after his tireless training of archers to the town's defence.

Stories continue about the group's exploits into the hellish depths of the Goblin Hold, and the teeming breeding grounds of the Coal Mines below, where great hive mothers were defeated one by one, and countless eggs smashed, never to grow into beetles._

((belated, I know, but I wanted to put a little ending to this thread))

• Looks like the server is back up! I'll be on setting up for the event.

• The server is still down at 11:00 EDT. I will check back again this afternoon. I can make the 4PM EDT start. Hopefully, the server will be back up in time for Clownbaby to finish his preparations.

AubreyMaturin

• 4pm works for me, I have been in and out of the bug thing. Vick Blake.

• 4pm EDT works for me, but if certain players are unable to make it I would have no objections to the event being postponed until next weekend.

• I get out from work at 5pm EDT, and I can be home at 5.15pm EDT if I run like a bitch.

But just adapt to the majority, if I'm lucky I'll still catch something of it

• I'll be around 4pmEDT then

• Ill be home around 6-6:30 pm Central US time.

• Oh, my mistake. I didn't realize it would be down until then, I just figured it would be down during that time. Lets push it to 4pm EDT, or whenever the server is back up.

• @468e76f109=ClownBaby:

//We can push the event a few hours later or even do it earlier. Either works for me. I like to do these things early in the day, but that's just my preference. I'll just set the time for 10am EDT, that will give us at least 3 hours to finish up before DrD's house is raided by the FBI, which will be plenty of time to finish my event.

Or we can just set the time to 4pm EDT, let me know!

Also, I'd love for some folks to log on in a few hours to help me set the stage for the event tomorrow. Catch you on the flip side!

Isn't the server down until DrD gets the tech over to his place tomorrow afternoon?

• //We can push the event a few hours later or even do it earlier. Either works for me. I like to do these things early in the day, but that's just my preference. I'll just set the time for 10am EDT, that will give us at least 3 hours to finish up before DrD's house is raided by the FBI, which will be plenty of time to finish my event.

Or we can just set the time to 4pm EDT, let me know!

Also, I'd love for some folks to log on in a few hours to help me set the stage for the event tomorrow. Catch you on the flip side!

• ((I haven't been very involved in this plot, but I will try to log in to help defend Norwick from those pesky bugs.

It's 8:00 a.m. PDT, right?

Z

• ((So given what DrD posted in the server connection thread in general discussion, I would assume 11am tomorrow will no longer work?))

• ((Whoohoo, I didn't miss it! I got home half an hour ago, a couple of blissedly lazy days await before I might go off travelling a bit again - in other words, Nica will assuredly be there!))

• @5d713e7738=ClownBaby:

Sorry, I meant SUNDAY at 11am EDT

((I'll be there.))

• Sounds good to me too.

• Sorry, I meant SUNDAY at 11am EDT

• Today is saturday and we've been planning for sunday the whole time..

• Today at 11am EDT?