Need GPU update advice

• I'm going to get a GPU upgrade since some of the recent games I've been playing are already running less than optimally on my MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti Cyclone. With Sword Coast Legends, The Witcher 3 and more coming up, it's time for my computer to level up.

I want a good card, but I also want to get a good value out of it, so I'm outright discarding the newer and powerful GTX 780 Ti and GTX 970.

Currently, I'm looking at GTX 960 and GTX 750 Ti. My budget allows me to get any of them, and anything in between that 150-250€ range, but I'm unsure which one to pick.

So, if anyone can offer some advice, it'd be more than welcome. It doesn't have to be one of those two either, they are just the ones that seem to outstand in a first scan through the internet.

The only one personal preference I have is that I'm going to stick with a nVidia card. I'm pretty sure ATI is competitive and just as good, but for this I'm a little superstitious, and I'm not going to change what has always worked for me perfectly without one single problem.

• I hear you. I'm currently playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 with all settings at max, and it runs at fluid 60fps even when there are explosions or other colourful effects. With my previous GPU everything was on low and still the screen had constant hiccups with just turning my camera around in a simple room.

It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to upgrade your GPU to something that doesn't really have to be top-notch, but just hits the sweet spot between price and performance. I mean, my old GPU wasn't even that old, really.

Very much looking forward to The Witcher 3, which will need a really good GPU to even run at all. As for right now I'm almost tempted to do another Dragon Age Inquisition playthrough with the highest settings while Pillars of Eternity comes out on March 26th.

• I picked up an AMD 7950 3gb card for 100 bucks used.

it DEMOLISHES games.

BF4/Mantle I can't make it slow down.

the new dragon age looks brilliant as well

it gave my 6 y/o phenom II/DDR2 rig a hilariously fresh lease on life.

• Yeah it was the obvious choice, so I went with the ASUS GeForce GTX 960 2 GB GDDR5

Witcher, here I come. 😛

• If you're going to stick with Nvidia, then go with the highest performing card that is in your price range. Since you said that the 970 is out, that would probably be the 960.