Travelling between worlds - Chea's Journal, part second.

• _Against & Vampires & Demons.

Dear Journal,

Vampires in Peltarch are active again, reports say important one came by the ship.

Vampires drain life, drain power, perhaps it's an opening for the Power Duels of Magicks.

i'll transform the 'Firebrand' spell into the 'Whitefire Chant' - to give the extra meaning against Vampires & Demons at that.

Vampire Illusionists are prominent in Narfell, i bought two 'See Invisibility' spell scrolls from Gnarl, to preserve the 'True Sight' potions against the lesser threats; for 200 gold pieces total, for i'll need them soon.

i bought 'Vampiric Touch' scroll from Hemrod to study it well, for 666 gold pieces at that.

i have 10010 gold pieces left in the Peltarch Bank, i had other expenses as well.

– Yours, Chea Allin, an Illusionist Witch with Fire, a Seeker of Enlightened Energies, a Cerulean Star 2nd & an Adventuress as well._

• _Druidic Monument.

Dear Journal,

… today it was a refreshing day.

First, i went to Violetta's to make certain modifications in my attire.

Changed colours of one of my robes to Black, Silver & Purple.

Second, i went to check rumours of a Druidic Monument erected near Peltarch.

Found it, studied for a while then left.

It was simple but beautiful, in a way.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, a Witch, a Seeker of Enlightened Energies & an Adventuress._

• _Meditation.

Dear Journal,

Today's weather was cool, nice & somewhat rainy, i do not like too much of the sun.

Used that time to Meditate at Mermaid's Patio.

Dear Journal,

What is Meditation? Why to do it at all?

Meditation is a pleasant experience, i was taught to sit & observe mind.

As i sat, my body was immobile & spine straight, head slightly lowered.

i've observed mind & breath, visualized forms (imagined symbolic images in front of me, enlightening forms called yidams),

It's said that Meditation helps to transform our view - our knowledge & how we see the world - into experience.

Meditation is a way to understand oneself better, to defeat one's ego, to be more wise & compassionate, to reach Enlightenment.

It's ego that separates people, makes them suffer, defeating it makes everyone happier.

It's said that Enlightenment is much more than happiness, Enlightened people reach True Greatness in this life & after Reincarnation.

As a result of Meditation, my energy channels open, i change … i can be better at what i do ... at casting spells & more.

One can meditate on something, on a way she or he proceeds ... to develop ... but ultimate goal of Meditation is Enlightenment itself.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, a Seeker of Enlightened Energies & a Witch._

• _10th Arcane Initiation.

Dear Journal,

i've initiated myself into the Arcane Mastery again, 10th time in my life.

'Energy Channels' in my Mind & Body were purified & opened, allowing Arcane & Enlightened Energies to flow more freely.

now i can cast 5th circle spell, it's 'Firebrand' for now.

my weaker of spells also grew in power & duration, as well as in a number of casts per day.

i can cast weaker of spells more often, at higher circles, if i use 'Metamagical Still'.

i've also picked up 2nd circle 'Lesser Dispel', as i let go of 'Flame Weapon' for it.

i am more combat- & adventure-worthy since now.

– Yours, Chea Allin, a Witch, an Adventuress & a Seeker of Enlightened Energies._

• _Shadows of The N'Jast War.

Dear Journal,

A few of people gathered in the Peltarch Commons, including one of the most charismatic, famous, powerful & accomplished Adventurers of Narfell, Raryldor Siamytherelin, Elven Priest of Corellon Larethian.

Talk was nice, i complimented him watching over the cats & other animals … then young man came asking him of the Narfell's Past.

We went south to Jiyyd, to hear the tale & to see it's results with our own senses.

In short words:

This started with Kara Du'Monte, the former Paladin of Kelemvor who fell from God's grace & became the Vile Blackguard ... She led N'Jast's army to Peltarch, seizing the Jiyyd as army went onwards through that route.

Army proven unstoppable by Narfell's forces ... but then suspicious 'Ally' appeared. 'Cogg', so-called 'Agent of Neutrality' offered a 'Weapon that would End the War'.

Three Heroes of the time: General Grag of the Troff Legion, Kenton Seth - the Spellsword Cerulean Knight Leader & member of the Spellweaver Keep as well as Raryldor himself teleported in midst of the N'Jast Army ... then General Grag hurled the Weapon, 'Black Egg', into the nearby Lake.

'Black Egg' turned to be Powerful Portal Device that opened th Gate to the Lower Planes, attracting many Fiends (Demons) that quickly demolished N'Jast Army, scattered it's remains & sent them fleeing. War with N'Jast threat ended indeed, Peltarch was saved, but at the great price. Now demons of the Lower Planes of Hells threatened to take over Narfell instead.

Adventurers looked for solution to the new Threat, it was Druid Circle who concocted the Spell-Ritual that contained the Outsiders in now-ruined Jiyyd-Battlefield. Resulting Barrier prevents Outsiders from leaving this area still, if i am not wrong.

We explored Jiyyd Ruins, defeating minor Quasit demons on our way, paid a visit to the Ruined Legion Fort, Dwarven Temple as well.

We noted existence of tunnels leading into the underdark inhabited with aggressive fiend-twisted-dwarves & more monsters onward. We didn't take chances with them.

On our way back, however we did hear two beast-yells from east, from where we came. Rushing to check, we noticed two powerful Outsider-Beasts, Devil & Demon, Pit Fiend & Balor. We had a glimpse of the Blood War, the War between Devils & Demons spanning across the many Planes of Existence.

Young man stupidly charged them, then one of Balor's spells killed him quickly on the spot.

Not willing to leave body to twist & rot, Raryldor engaged Balor, defeated him, even if it was Pit Fiend who dealt the killing blow.

Battle lasted for a while, i took a glimpse of that ... while the desperate wounded Demon hunted for my life-energy, trying to dispel invisibility spell i protected myself with.

With Balor defeated, Pit Fiend Fled ... probably because Demons still had upper-hand in this old battle-field.

We recovered the body & went west to Kelemvor's Temple, where Raryldor brought young man back to life & gave him a reprimend for his stupidity as i've averted my eyes to not look at naked dead body of this foolish man.

I've decided to recover & recollect in the Temple, meditating there for a while.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, an Adventuress, a Witch & a Seeker of Enlightened Energies._

• _Past the Kobolds' Swamps.

Dear Journal,

… with Elvadriel & my new acquanitance - adventurer named 'Soros', A Hunter & Warrior, we have looked for typical trouble & adventuring rewards.

We've met at the 'Crossroads' in the Nars Pass, talked for a while & played with Elva's 'Eyeball' familiar the game of 'fetch the gem'.

Then we went North to Swamps near Peltarch, to the Kobold Cave, to the Lizardlands & past these both - to the Near' Troll Bogs.

It was a rather long exploration trip with not so great spoils ... still better than nothing, of course.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, an Adventuress & a Witch.

P.S. My 'Hold Person' a Spell proved very useful against the 'Tougher of Lizards' as well.

P.S.S. i didn't attempt to find Nade, for such trips are too dangerous for her.

P.S.S.S. During this a trip, i've learned a new & quite nasty trick for the Arcane Healing. ... just summon a weak evil being, then cast 'Vampiric Touch' spell on it. Even if it's killed, the nature of 'Summon' spells makes it's body reform mostly unharmed in a day or so - in it's home 'Plane of Existence'._

• _Too Much.

Dear Journal,

… a woman should not carry a lot of weight in equipment, it is very tiring.

i had this issue recently, couldn't carry a much of treasure during adventuring as well.

Despite bags that magically reduce & spread the weight over body ... it was just too much this time.

i've looked over my equipment & noticed blue 'Cerulean Leather Armor' packed in one of the bags ... weighting about the 10 lbs.

... almost never used, i've requested equipment exchange in Cerulean HQ, didn't have to wait for long this time.

... now have a light-weight 'Gauntlets of Power' that enhance my Physical Strength & Discipline, that as i'll advance in Cerulean Ranks - new model will also add to my Spellcraft Knowledge as well.

... i still keep my former Master's Attentus 'Gloves of Spellcraft' for sentiment & for practical use, there are times (Enchanting for an example) when these are useful still.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, an Adventuress & a Cerulean Star 2nd.

P.S. ... planning to buy a well-made & light crossbow as well._

• _How do potions taste?

Dear Journal,

How do potions taste?

… depends on a potion & it's source.

Simple, fairly expensive greenish healing potions can taste nicely, more or less as an aloe-plant candy mixed with the gnomish mountain soda-water.

Kuo-Toa, Goblin or Kobold mixtures are more or less vile & alcoholic.

Other potions vary in the taste, but alcoholic & herbal themes are there.

There are fairly rarely side-effects of overdosing too ... save for a purse-emptiness.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, an adventuress._

• _Archmage's Demise.

Dear Journal,

… something happened, we were approached by Elvadriel's familiar, who sought us in Peltarch.

After travelling south we learned that she was contacted by a certain Archmage's men ... there was a possibility of establishing relations between mages of Narfell & of another land.

A group of us went travelling into snowy mountains, facing threats of Snow Goblins, Ice Trolls & Winter Wolves.

We've reached a mountain community, but mage's tower was closed to us ... to enter we would need to be admitted by nearby Yogi of the Mountains.

Without asking questions we embarked on the way.

After finding a 'right-sized' Yogi of the Mountains, i've offered him 108 gold pieces so he can afford drinks, food, lights & clothing ... traditional gift for such.

Instead of inviting us to his home, he provided a censer with incense, it's purpose in opening Archmage's Tower for us.

Then a few of us heard bell-sounds coming from the the town.

We've returned hastily to face assault by no goblins, but armed & armored men.

It's when a 'Hold Person' spells proved a useful assistance against attacking archers, we did defeat the raiders as well.

There was explosion in tower, men & women slaughtered, treasures stolen, kids taken into slavery.

We did liberate the kids, treasures seemingly as well ... taking with to Norwick.

After sharing the spoils i got a new Sorcerer's Robe, a Curing Wand & a Belt for the Cerulean Knights' Chests.

-- Your, Chea Allin, an Adventuress of lands near & far.

P.S. ... if Archmage lives still, he'll probably contact us later._

• _Book of Shadows.

Dear Journal,

… what is a 'Book of Shadows'?

A 'Book of Shadows' is a personalized, handwritten book containing a witch's spells, rituals, and wisdom.

No two will be identical.

The concept underlying the 'Book of Shadows' is that for centuries, people practicing witchcraft & related religions were persecuted, and practices had to be secret, for safety's sake.

Possession of any kind of magical or similar text could be grounds for conviction of witchcraft.

The name 'Book of Shadows' refers to the neccessity of keeping these books safely hidden in the shadows, rather than out in a plain sight.

There were situations of witch trials, where a witch was found with a copy of a
    well-known Ancient Grimoire (a spell book) along with a private, hand-written books of spells and rituals in which a witch copied parts of that famous Grimoire. Witch's books, which were destroyed, fit the definition of a 'Book of Shadows'.

... what is a 'Black Book of Shadows'?

it's a 'Book of Shadows' containing Black Magics that can be used for Protection, even if in itself it's concepts are harmful.

... it's a thin line to tread carefully, to not be sucked into Dark too much as one Protects her family, friends, allies & so on.

energy sent returns after all, and White Magic is a strong counter to Black, for it specializes in fighting Black.

i'll write more on that later, if i can.

--- Yours, Chea Allin, a Witch & a Seeker of Enlightened Energies._

• _… who am i ?

Dear Journal,

i've chatted a little by the Norwick's a bon-fire.

Norwick has a past of witch-persecution, people are almost unaware of enlightenment as well.

… what is witch, what she's not?

witchcraft is 'craft of the wise', a true science & art.

witches are independent women, knowledgeable & experienced, mostly in matters spiritual.

words of 'witch' & related mean in many languages 'wise one', 'knowledgeable', 'medium'.

witches are those women & men who live with godesses & gods on a friendly terms, not begging, just asking for empowerment so they can do things of their own.

when called 'medium', they act as a bridges to the worlds spiritual.

witches can notice magic in any thing or color, etc ... they know how to draw their magical powers from ... or at least whom to contact for that.

what they notice & understand affects them, as well as giving them the power.

they use that a knowledge in their crafts as well.

what are enlightened energies?

traces of wisdom & compassion can be found everywhere, an enlightening qualities in itself.

there are those who have closed minds however, who would rather see magic persecuted, witches insulted ... even if witches consider their titles ennobling, are proud of them.

many prefer to use discretion, to not endanger others, to not reveal their magical crafts.

... i think it's wise as well.

--- Yours, Chea Allin, a Witch & a Seeker of Enlightened Energies._

• _Do NOT hurry Love.

Dear Journal,

i think Love should NOT be hurried,
    Enlightened or Not.

otherwise it's Rape,
    abuse against our will.

my man should be patient,
    wait for as long as i need.

it's woman who leads in Love,
    for women know more about.

man should learn & support,
    not taking her independence.

not wasting her years of youth,
    woman's most precious 'thing'.

if man takes a little,
    he should repay the debt.

otherwise the Love will falter,
    grow weary & die.

Love should be fought for,
    for life's a whole & more.

there's old age & reincarnation,
    do not leave 'the One' who Loves.

– Yours, Chea Allin, a woman._

• _Sweet Lips.

Dear Journal,

Sweet Lips are not so sweet, depending on a perspective.

Even mine, despite many considering me 'the nicest of the people'.

i do not know everything, so for many it's just lies.

Dear Journal, in my dream …

Rain Came, Grif's a shadow was noticed as i passed ...

i went onward, gathered some herbs & defended against a thug, with a
    Frost Spell, coming from my lips & hands.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, a Seeker & a Witch._

–--
    Key phrases to understand Chea's words about 'Sweet Lips':

• truth is what joins not separates,
    • stupidity is lack of wisdom, wisdom is woman (or in chea's case other half, a man),
    • she does not understand everything, so she is stupid... she uses stupidity as weapon.
      basicly she won't hesitate to harm or kill enemies to protect her love & friends.

a literary cipher, more or less.

there's little more, all available on blogs i'm writing or will be sooner or later.

• _The Pride.

Dear Journal,

What is a God?

God is state of Mind.

God knows everything, is omnipotent which means: 'can do anything'.

God sometimes misses reality…

God is mind's state associated with pride.

Thankfully there's proper Mantra for exculsive pride complex.

Because not only the God.

Seekers of Enlightened Energies also suffer from that affliction sometimes, i think.

Truth is what joins, not separates.

Non-exclusive Pride is fine, in my opinion.

-- Yours, Chea Allin, a Witch & a Seeker of Enlightened Energies._

• Meditation on Spells.

_Dear Journal,

it occured to me as i walked through kobolds, paralyzing them with a 'Hold Person' spell, without killing.

i didn't meditate on Enlightened Love yet.

i meditated only on Spells.

what's the point?

meditation puts someone into a Trance, i think.

Trance is mind's state of focus on a certain cause, where anything that hinders is neglected no matter the cost.

certainly, i should change.

– Yours, Chea Allin, Adventuress._