Vera C. Tingle

• Player: mcp.993
    Player Character: Vera C. Tingle

BOOM!

Smoke and debris fill a small room in a simple house on the island of Lantan. From within a cheery little gnome comes, announcing to the world her "rousing success" at figuring out how not to make strawberry jelly.

• "But… Didn't you say you were going to try to improve the steam engine?" - one of her siblings told her.

• "I did? Well, that explains it then... Oh well, at least I found something!"

The gnome says, merrily dancing around in the middle of all the rubble that once had been her experiment. After the dancing was done, and the room back to its original state (give or take a scorched wall or two), she resumed her work.

BOOM!

• "Oh, not again! Okay, that's it, I'm bored. Daaaaad! I'm going out for a while, 'k? Be back in a few years or so!"

• "Ok Vera, see you for dinn… What? Hold it right there missy! Where do you think you're going?"

• "Oh, c'mon! I'm almost 40 now, I'm almost an adult, and I wanna travel! See the world, live a little! Yeah!" - The enthusiastic gnome started dancing again and almost had forgotten what she was talking about until her father brought her feet back down to the ground.

• "I think the keyword here is almost. You're too young Vera. You just barely finished your studies, what are you going to do out there?"

• "Humm... Dance? Sing? I don't know, stuff! All I know is that I'm not doing anything here anyway!

The older gnome lets out an audible sigh, and looking at his daughter's eyes, he knew he was doomed to lose this battle:

• "Oh, who am I to tell you to stay? When I was your age, I wanted the exact same thing, but your grandfather grounded me. You know what I did?"

• "Humm… You ran?"

• I ran. Ran like the wind I did. And if I hadn't, you wouldn't be here. Because that's how I met your mother. Oh, such a glorious day... You want to hear the tale?"

The girl was now getting excited, as her father was the best storyteller in the whole of Lantan, and a story about himself was bound to be even greater than all the other she had heard before.

• "Sure! What happened?"

• "Well, before I tell you about the day itself, I need to tell you a few things that happened before. It all began 100 years ago, when i ran from home, and I…"

After a few hours (which felt like several years, actually) he finally ended:

• "… And that's how I met your mother."

• "Humm... Did you really have to tell me about all those other ladies? Anyway, can I go now? I'm going now. See ya!"

After she packed all her things, Vera C. Tingle departed the island of Lantan and traveled all around the world, singing and dancing in taverns and inns throughout the realms, until she got bored of doing that and started looking for adventurers to follow and tales to tell. Hearing from a merchant about all the trouble and intrigue that surrounded the city of Peltarch, she started to Narfell, hoping to find the epicness she was looking for.

EDIT: ((Sorry for the multiple edits, I was writing this on my cell on the bus, and didn't proofread it properly))

• ICC

Reviewed, XP Pending!!