Thursday Evening!

• Thursday evening at around 11PM (GMT) I MAY be in game to run an event! (Not sure on my plans but looks hopeful! May be a tad later as I will need to set everything up 😉

• yep as long as I can keep my eyes open

• Might be there but a wee bit late, depending on work

• Tomorrow by the same time is alright 🙂

• Tomorrow's probably fine for me too. 🙂

• Unavailable tomorrow. No worries. Carry on without me.

• Im at home however I am rather tired (training for a new job), maybe tomorrow???

• Fraoch got it right. Keeping track of time zones around the world is extremely confusing and the rules are not constant. That's why the military always use a 24 hour clock centered on GMT (called Zulu time for some reason).

Here is a basic tutorial for DestinysDesire.

You live in eastern North America (Canada right?). You are five time zones behind GMT so you subtract 5 hours from any GMT time given.

But it's not that simple. In order to preserve daylight hours during summer (and most of spring and fall) many countries adopt Summer Time or Daylight Savings Time. The eastern USA for instance will be on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) rather than EST (Eastern Standard Time) until early November. So if for folk in the eastern USA, it's GMT -4 hours until then.

That's if DM Infernal actually meant GMT and not British Summer Time. He said GMT and you asked for EST. If those are literal then 11PM GMT (2300) should be 6PM (1800) to you. But if he meant British Summer Time rather than actual GMT, which does not come back into effect in the UK where he lives until late October, then it will one hour earler for you. Unless you are on Daylight Savings Time also, which means there is still a five hour difference. If he meant GMT for real and you are on EDT (like the eastern USA) then it will be 7Pm (1900). See why it's so confusing?

Then there are the dates. Be careful when you use numbers to refer to months and days. Europeans usually express the day first, and then the month. So 11/9 is September 11th. But in the USA (not sure about Canada) the month always comes in front of the day, so today is 9/11.

AubreyMaturin

• I MAY be there.. depending on how tired I feel after what's going to be a busy week at work.

• I will try to stay awake, and join with any PCs suitable for the lvl requirements, but the risk is I may jump from event earlier as I have work next day…

• ….sorry....you have TOTALLY lost me on that...

• http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=48702

May be of use.

Although UK is currently using BST (British Summer Time) rather than GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) I suspect that when he says GMT he means BST since he's in the UK.

In the winter, EST (Eastern Standard Time) is GMT-5 so 2300 here is 1800 there.
    In the summer, EDT (Eastern Daylight savings Time) is BST-5 so 2300 here is 1800 there.

From that you'd think it's safe to assume that East Coast America is always five hours behind Britain - but it's actually not since the spring/autumn dates for changing the clock forward/back do not match. UK enters GMT this year on October 27th, the US changing theirs a week later.

By Narfell convention, in the summer months GMT means "UK time" as opposed to its actual meaning. I'm posting this at 0722 UK time, and assume that's 0222 in your timezone.

• Can you please tell me what time that would be EST??

• Hmm. I could try waking up early.

• I'll be free @ 8:30pm gmt -4

• I'm just back from work by that time, I'll try to bring whatever character is most suitable from levels ranging 9-16. 🙂