Blessed of Kossuth

• This is just getting silly.

I've started to lose count. The only time she's died was during a rather difficult DM Skippy event. Every other time Kossuth has saved her. This includes the 3x in the Cold Cave (see her journal in Tales by the Fire), in Peltarch fighting the demons, and in Norwick fighting the Bugbears. This is at least number six.

• Legion

Whatever the odds are it's still pretty good! To not die six times means that you're six levels higher than you would be if you did! Sweet.

EDIT: Just remembered that we don't lose an entire level anymore … but still ... considering conversion to Kossuth!

• @506bfddf50=Robyn:

Actually, the odds are 1 in 10 million. The figure you have is percent.

:doh!:

Damn, that's right. Well, feel bad then! 😛

• Actually, the odds are 1 in 10 million. The figure you have is percent.

:doh!:

• Maths is not my strongest, but my quick home calculation says that getting 6 DI's with a 7% success rate in row has a 0.000011764900000000003 chance to happen. That's roughly 1:100,000… not far from a lot of lottery systems, like the ones where you buy a ticket numbered from 00,001 to 99,999.

If it makes you feel better, we have one such lottery over here, and it usually pays 50,000€ if you get the number right. It's good money, but won't retire you from working... maybe a couple of years of vacations. 😄

• @ef1e93b28f=cardamon:

Starts at the same odds you having of automatically failing a fear check, getting better from there, ranging from 1:20 to 1:10 at level 20.

So really they're not ~that~ uncommon.

No, they're not. My characters have received DI before. But Diadne made the 7% chance the last 6+ times she's died to a normal critter, and the odds of that happening are pretty small. Like Emer said, my luck could have been better spent on a lottery ticket

• Starts at the same odds you having of automatically failing a fear check, getting better from there, ranging from 1:20 to 1:10 at level 20.

So really they're not ~that~ uncommon.

• @bdfd3d6a68=Emerwyn:

Considering the odds, I think I'd have preferred to win a few millions in lottery than having one of my Narfell characters be 2-3 levels higher….

Way to misspend one's luck. :lol:

:shake:

• lol, that's awesome. I remember a certain druid with similar luck, but I think Emer's got it right! :lol:

• Considering the odds, I think I'd have preferred to win a few millions in lottery than having one of my Narfell characters be 2-3 levels higher….

Way to misspend one's luck. :lol:

• I assure you: nothing alters it. In fact… I'm going to flat out drop the code here:

int GODS_GetIntervention(object oPC)
    {
        int DoesGodIntervene = FALSE;

//chance for intervention is 5% + 1/4 level.
        int nChance = 5 +(GetHitDice(oPC)/4);
        string sDeity = GetDeity(oPC);
        string sMessage;

if(sDeity == "")
        {
            sMessage = "You have no God to hear your prayers!";
        }
        else if(Random(100) > nChance)
        {
            sMessage = "Your God refuses to hear your prayers!";
        }
        else
        {
            sMessage = sDeity + " has heard your request and restored you to life!";
            DoesGodIntervene = TRUE;
        }
        SendMessageToPC(oPC, sMessage);

if(DoesGodIntervene)
        {
            SPS(oPC, PWS_PLAYER_STATE_ALIVE);
            DelayCommand(12.0, GODS_PerformIntervention(oPC));
        }
        return DoesGodIntervene;
    }

Let this also be a heads up to players whose characters have no deity: if your deity box is empty, you're not getting any intervention.

• Hehe, got a similar experience. Rith has never died in her whole career thanks to 4 DI's. The last one was about two years ago in a meaningful plot encounter against a Balor Lord in Jiyyd (it was a Narfell custom one.. if you've met them you know what kind of beast I'm speaking about) where she got to stand back up to deal the finishing blow. Since she doesn't age due to plot reasons, it's got to the point where she believes she really can't die until she has fulfilled whatever's Lathander's scheme for her. Talk about character defining. 🙂

• So the odds are less than 18 millionth of a percent for her to do this?

Is it possible for objects/items to adjust this? She has several objects with "Kossuth" listed on them. Could that be giving her multiple rolls or something?

• Fun fact: divine intervention chance is 5% + 1% per 4 levels.

• I'm hardly unhappy. It's quite character defining.

I am beginning to wonder though if something is bugged, due to an item or something on her sheet. The only time she's seen the fugue recently is during DM Skippy's event, and she was "killed" by a player controlled NPC.

• And…. you're unhappy? I wish I even got saved once 😛