Monster Hunter

• [Edited out]

• “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.”
    Benjamin Franklin

• I had prepared a couple of videos more taking on Lost City giant/dragon statues, but in light of recent feedback and forum discussions, I'm going to refrain from posting them, or any further videos.

Where I wanted to show that melee noncaster characters can still be successfull despite the low place in the food chain in which we stand, I've received nothing but flak and veiled offensive comments towards me and my character from players that don't know me or my character to any significant extent.

There are only two reasons for I made these videos:

1. I was encouraged by an IG buddy that thought it would be interesting to show how non casters can also thrive with enough planning and dedication, concepts that are very fitting for Shallyah's background.

2. Shallyah isn't a spellcaster - if she was I wouldn't consider it worth showing for lacking merit and challenge.

Now I suppose I should vent and expose how it seems fine for a bard to max out their Perform to be the best bard in the world with +75 rolls, or for Paladins to max out their Charisma scores coupled with Divine Might/Divine Shield to be combat monsters, and at the same time get all the RP benefits ingame derivated from high Charisma scores.

But where bards can max themselves out to be THE Bard, and Paladins can max themselves out to be THE Paladin, it seems that for an elite soldier of a god of battle and tactical planning is not fine to be built to be THE Elite Soldier of a god of battle and tactical planning because it causes negative reactions, disrespect and disdain, even when that character got where she is with 80% of her level 10+ XP and 99% of her level 14+ XP from RP and DM events. Everything is going to be oversimplified to "it's a powerbuilt PC".

It's rather discouraging that I feel as if I had to "defend" myself, and since I don't know how to put it, I apologize if anyone felt offended by the videos in any way. If anything, the mistake was mine for missjudging that what I wanted to be seen as possitive "sharing" would be seen as very negative "flaunting".

Part of the issue may be as well that her 300+ long RP posts are all blocked away in the Defender Forums which only a small fraction of players have access to, and people who haven't interacted or grown with Shallyah don't really know her at all, so I invite and encourage anyone to interact with Shallyah and get to know her ingame without the taint of bias for her efficient combat build, so that I have the opportunity to change their opinion on her.

That's really all, I'll see you ingame.

• Eh, I've done the same trip with Eragor and Sirion (Beholders). It's over about that fast. Beholders either get you or they don't. Problem is nothing interrupts those rays. AC will help you from getting hit, but only the twitch parts. Remember, if you're not in an action queue the engine considers you flatfooted. So you buff against the effects. Most can be blocked, including the death ray (Death Ward and Shadow Shield, respectively). Petrification can't be blocked (a spell mantle might catch it, not sure, scared to try).

But even those aren't a hundred percent because they dispel/anti-magic ray. Beholder mages are proper beasts, and I've seen those rays shoot round corners.

Protip: Concentration checks are versus damage. The more damage you do in a hit, the harder the check is. The rays care nothing of this fact.

• @6fe294ea70=Ace-of-Spades:

@6fe294ea70=Scout-Hen:

The fact this can be done is beyond me… A clear representation of... Wtf...

"I did not know men could build such things."

…but seriously, that looked like a reel from an action server. I did not know this was attainable on Narfell.

Anyserver can be action with the right mix of higher then usual magic gear a skillful player and a solid powerbuild

• @5c467f0d49=Scout-Hen:

The fact this can be done is beyond me… A clear representation of... Wtf...

"I did not know men could build such things."

…but seriously, that looked like a reel from an action server. I did not know this was attainable on Narfell.

• @0113491e6e=cardamon:

Magic damage DR and not a Skindancer? Haaaax.

Actualy, the thing probably was Shallyah rolled a 1 vs the cave spiders' aura which reduce damage, which shows up as 0 magic damage on the combat text.

• @7ff7f13552=Gonnar:

One day you'll roll a 1 on some important roll… :twisted: :twisted:

No worthy warrior would want to die of old age anyways. 😉

• The fact this can be done is beyond me… A clear representation of... Wtf...

• Magic damage DR and not a Skindancer? Haaaax.

That said, of the two, Beholders are worse.

• One day you'll roll a 1 on some important roll… :twisted: :twisted:
    Nah, seriously, cool stuff. Shallyah's a beast!