Cleric using Death Domain

• Dev

Are there rules for the negative plane avatar summon (domain power for the death domain)? I've been scanning around and have been unable to find anything.

• It does work as per the shadow conjuration spell (though shadow conjuration ALSO has the level restriction… just no one will ever be low enough level for it to cast the spell and have it not work).

• Dev

oh cool I think I found the nwn wiki page for that. That's too bad its so weak but it least it'll make for a neat rp tool. Thanks for all the help everybody!

• Well, if it works off Shadow Conjuration's Summon Shadow, you won't see a change till level 8.

• Dev

Ah alrighty. I was under the impression that it leveled with you as well because mine is still level 3 and I was wondering if it was a Narfell override or something.

Thanks for all the help folks!

• @733e4c10fe=Tpickles:

So the summon doesnt scale with the class level of the cleric like the neverwinter nights wiki says?

Actually it does. Or at least Shadow Conjuration's version does. It'll summon whatever is appropriate for your level. Granted, the first one has some interesting immunities but is fairly weak on AC, AB, and Damage, the shadow mastiff is reasonable, and then things go down hill from there. The upshot is the durations are unaltered so the summons can be buffed. The downside is that it's a waste to do so…they can't survive long enough.

• Dev

So the summon doesnt scale with the class level of the cleric like the neverwinter nights wiki says?

• The spell is modified so that the caster must be at least the level of the summon in order to summon it.

Aside from that, I believe it's as the vanilla spell.

• Yeah. But that's precisely why I'm positive it isn't banned at all from casting. It sucks like a sucker in sucker-land working as a pro sucker.

• @2a039b92c9=Gonnar:

…just as powerful as the shadowconjuration shadow summon...

• There are not any rules regarding to this written anywhere, at least as far as I could find.
    But if I'm not wrong, the avatar summon is just as powerful as the shadowconjuration shadow summon, and since that spell is totaly allowed and functional I see no reason why it couldn't be used by a cleric with death domain.

I would say "go ahead" and use it, but we'll better way for some DM to give the final "thumbs up".