Surgery!

• So for the few people who know me and fewer who know I have ulcerative colitis just recently I had another flare up but this time it was while I was actively taking very strong medications. The stress caused by losing my job just a week before Christmas started the flare and then the added stress of not being able to look for a we job cause of the flare up made it much worse.
    The disease had pretty much destroyed my large intestine and since I was already taking meds they concluded that I will have to get surgery.
    So on October 23 I will be having my large intestine removed. I will spend a week or so in hospital recovering and then a few months healing after which I will have a second surgery to build me a colon out of my small intestine, if that works I will be considered cured but with a bunch of new problems to deal with as well as a few more months healing.
    I don't know if I will be capable of working whie I'm healing so my stress levels going to be very high.

If I can't work for 6 months I might have to sit down at the pc and live through one of my characters for a while..maybe the nice dm team will let me play a retired pc for the duration of my recovery for some good ol times..

But for now I gotta try n get as much cash stored away as I can before I go under the knife.

• @639beebbe6=Black:

Wish you a speedy recovery!

+1

• ICC

Wish you a speedy recovery!

• All the Best.

• Cyrian would be proud.

Best of luck recovering.

We're all pulling for you.

-Dwin

• Congratulations! That is so good to hear. We'll hope to see you here in a while. šŸ™‚

• šŸ˜ƒ Good news then.

Now take it easy and recover fully. We'll be here waiting for you =D

• Surgery was moved to yesterday.

And it was a great success.

I got staples going from my pelvis halfway to my chest.

I got morphine distributed on request so there's barely any pain aside from the middle of the night when the drugs wear off.

I'll be in the hospital for 8 days recovering

• Legion

I am really sorry to here that. I hope the surgeries go well and you luck around work turns around.

• Good luck, man.

• I had a high school friend go through this. It was difficult for him at first, but now that he is a few years removed from the surgery, he is doing very well.

Good luck!

• Wow. Iā€™m always glad to hear from an old timer, but it saddens me at the news of your poor health. I donā€™t know what to say but ā€œHang in thereā€, and if you need to chat just send me a PM.

Some of us old timers still play when we can, so drop in sometime for a visit.