Druids, A Mystery

• Since the wiki's down, can anyone tell me when Druids get what and what the No-no's are?

• **Druids
    Druids have specific rules regarding their behavior in Narfell.

Armor and Weapon Restrictions
    Metal is seen as a tool of civilization, and something foreign to druids and nature. Druids are not allowed to use metal armor, even though they have the feat Medium Armor.

D&D 3.0 druids may only use the weapons that come with the Druidic Weapon Proficiency and their god or goddess' favored weapon. Narfell expands the oath-allowed weapons to include: scythe, kukri, kama, handaxe, shortbow, longbow. That doesn't make you automatically proficient in them, but if you somehow get the feats to use them you can. The rationale being that these weapons are all agricultural or hunting in origin or usage in addition to being weapons of war.

A druid who uses restricted armor or weapons loses access to any of his magical powers and abilities for as long as the prohibited item is used and for 24 hours after. Druids who wear metal armor, or who wear armor made from aberrations or undead, risk a fallen token.

The only exception to these rules is for followers of Mielikki. They are permitted to use any weapon or armor that a Ranger gets default proficiencies in, without breaking their druidic oaths. Please note that this includes all light and medium armors, all shields (including tower shields), and all simple and martial weapons. Heavy armor and any exotic weapons not covered by the previous ruling are still restricted.

Wildshape
    Wildshape override files:
    http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46554

The Wildshape feat in Narfell has undergone a drastic change in its functionality. Pen and Paper games have allowed druids to assume many animal forms, much greater than the limited number available in game. We have added a simple system to allow druids to many new animal forms in an attempt to recreate the pen and paper experience.
    To use this system, the player must install these override files. If they do not, the wildshape feat will act as normal. As a note for the Linux users amongst us you should rename the files from .2DA to .2da else it does not work properly.

Under the new system, the wildshape feat targeting will be altered to allow user to target other creatures, or nothing at all. The 5 animal slots he or she can choose from no longer represent a specific animal, and are treated more like holding slots for various shapes.

To place a new shape into one of these slots, the Druid just needs use the Wildshape feat on an animal under his control, either through animal empathy or a charm spell. Hostile actions (and hold spells) by any party member will break the charm. If the druid is of sufficient level to learn that form, that new shape will be used from then on when the druid chooses it.

To reset a slot back to its original shape, simple use the wildshape feat while targeting nothing.

The restrictions on allowable shapes are as follows
    • Level 5 for small to medium animals, including ordinary wolves
    • Level 8 for large sized animals, like bears.
    • Level 12 for magical or dire animals
    • level 15 for huge animals

As a side note, the Brown bear shape of a druid will be a black bear until he or she reaches level 8.

You cannot learn shapes from summons. Vermin are never valid targets so no spiders, although you can have one as a companion.

Animal Companions
    A druid or ranger may still have an animal companion in Narfell. However, the allowed companion is based on their level

The left number is for druids, while the right number is for rangers, marked with the letters D and R. These two classes have different level requirements for the companions.

Badger 1D - 6R
    Hawk 1D - 6R
    Wolf 1D - 6R
    Boar 3D - 6R
    Panther 3D - 6R
    Spider 4D - 8R
    Bear 6D - 12R
    Dire Wolf 6D - 12R
    Dire Rat 3D - 6R

If you attempt to select a creature who's required level is higher than your own, you will get a message that you cannot control the creature and it will be immediately unsummoned. In the event that you lose a level, you may be unable to summon your companion because of this.

All characters with animal companions should keep them on a leash. All animal companions at the current time will lethally PK other players. It is not suggested they are used in PvP.

Druid Deities
    Auril
    Chauntea
    Eldath
    Gwaeron Windstrom
    Lurue
    Malar
    Mielikki
    Nobanion
    Shiallia
    Silvanus
    Talona
    Talos
    Ubtao
    Ulutiu
    Umberlee
    Uthgar

Thard Harr

Aerdrie Faenya
    Angharradh
    Deep Sashelas
    Fenmarel Mestarine
    Rillifane Rallathil
    Solonor Thelandira

Baervan Wildwanderer
    Segojan Earthcaller

Sheela Peryroyl

Kossuth
    Watch this space for a decision on the other elemental lords.**

• http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=45461

I seem to remember dire rat being 3/6 but not sure on that.

• I was told that the threshold for shapes was as follows, with my Druid.

Animals 5+
    LARGE Animals 8+ or something. (I was told this was for bear (though I think you can use normal bear shape still) and polar bear ,stuff like that)
    then Magical Creatures/Dire Animals 12+

I was told, atleast.

• Legion

This may help a little:

@7838a87747:

These are the rules your druid MUST follow or risk Falling (or more likely initially be warned of their god's displeasure). They come straight out of 3.0 with a few differences for Narf and FR.

*Weapons. Druids may only use the weapons in Druidic Weapon Proficiency and their god or goddess' favored weapon. (Druids of Mielikki can use any weapon a Ranger can; so all but exotics) Narfell expands the oath-allowed weapons to include: scythe, kukri, kama, handaxe, shortbow, longbow. That doesn't make you automatically proficient in them, but if you somehow get the feats to use them you can.

*Armor. Druids may not wear metal armor. Druids also may not wear armor made from abominations to nature (aberrations or undead). Again the exception is Mielikki, who allows her druids to wear light or medium metal armor.

*Alignment. Druids must be some sort of Neutral. Neutral Good, Neutral Evil, Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, or True Neutral.

*Enemies. Druids must oppose aberrations and undead, as they are perversions of the natural order. Please note that this doesn't mean you have to suicidally throw yourself at every beholder or lich you see… it just means you must work against them, in secret or open ways, and certainly never work WITH them except as the prelude to sticking a scimitar in their back.

Beyond this, different druidic gods expect different things of their followers, and even druids with the same deity will often have different views of their duty and obligations.

Some other links. Some of it is old info but still good:

Animal Empathy stuff
    RP help

• Unfortunately, all the information we used to have for rules stuff that was on the forums was migrated to the Wiki previously. So, unless there's a druid player or a former druid player who knows the information, I don't think there's much hope of getting said information.

I'm hoping that the Wiki will be restored sooner rather than later, but it seems we're having some serious problems with it. I'll get you an update as soon as I can.

• Okay, level 5, got Wildshape. Learned my Animal Companion's wolf form, which was weak, but I couldn't get far enough anywhere to find a different wolf and see if it was different, tried to learn the brown bear in the cave's form, got told I needed 8 levels…the tried the default anyway and got it (because I was putting bear on the Bear shape so I wouldn't lose track).