Player owned stores: How to

• I couldn't find a guide anywhere, and even if it seems intuitive, I reckon some people are having trouble with this, so just a quick walkthrough:

*** In PC owned stores, most of the time you have to click twice on the placeable to open the store. The first time you might just get a locked message. Insist without spamming!

*** Once you are browsing the goods, make sure to check the number between brackets to know the exact amount of a product that you are buying. The price shown corresponds to buying the total number of items as specified between the brackets, not one.

*** If you are not sure about the properties of an item, there is an option that will allow you to examine the item. When you select it, one could expect the item properties to be listed in the dialogue window, but that's not how it works. Instead, a copy of the item will spawn somewhere on top of the sparkling table next to the store placeable where you can manually right-click to utilize the game's default examine function. Sometimes the item that spawns is tricky to spot due to the sparks or the placing of the item itself. Look well, it should be there.

*** When done browsing, it's always best idea to choose the "End Shopping" option instead of just walking away, just to avoid bugs that lockout other buyers as if the store was still in use.

*** For the item to stay on sale between server resets: Set the sale cost, close the store, open the box, remove the item from the box (you'll see some code at the beginning of the item name, that's normal), then put the item back in the box. (Hopefully we'll have a fix for this some day)

That's pretty much all I can think of as far as it goes for the correct usage of PC owned stores. Happy shopping!

• Legion

Bump! Moved to Tome of Knowledge.

• Legion

There's no log. For the time being please keep track of sales on the forums. Eventually it'll have a working receipt system too.

• @d9ac6ca4ae=Emerwyn:

*** For the item to stay on sale between server resets: Set the sale cost, close the store, open the box, remove the item from the box (you'll see some code at the beginning of the item name, that's normal), then put the item back in the box. (Hopefully we'll have a fix for this some day)

This is HUGE! Thanks for posting!

Z

P.S. Is there some sort of server log that keeps track of store interactions? My main concern is someone exploiting a bug and taking something without paying. Is there an easy way for a DM to track them down?

• Legion

@99fe3585f2=Emerwyn:

I couldn't find a guide anywhere, and even if it seems intuitiveā€¦

Haha, don't lie! The PS Chest Shop is an unintuitive kludgey mess. :lol:

Added another point to your list.

PS Chest Shop is still in testing, but it'll be rolled out to everyone eventually.