Trent Lormain, Warrior of Hoar

• Seven hundred years have passed since I broke free of the Shadowvar, what they did to me I have no idea. They had bought me as a slave from a woman I once believed to be my best friend. I spent thirty years under their torture, dark magics and experiments. I even learned their foul tongue well enough to speak and write it. The last thing they did was try to infuse a shade with my soul. I woke in a cell almost two days later according to other slaves, and there was going to be a break out. I was one of the stronger fighters and I was tasked with holding the front during the break out. The escape didn't go well for most of us. Many caught, many killed. As things started to fall apart it became every man for himself and I bolted for it. I took at least several magical hits but kept moving refusing to go back to slavery. I would die first.

It was hours before I dared to stop running, I was heavily breathing and badly wounded before I finally collapsed. I awoke to find myself in a mans house bandaged and treated. He told me I had been found on the side of the road near dead and he had carried me on his back to his home. Here he had dressed the wounds and kept me safe unsure what had actually occurred. I told him the whole truth, never really sure why I did but I felt safe with him. My recovery took a full year to gain back the weight I had lost as a slave and all the injuries my body had sustained to stabilize enough to work again. Over the period of two years he taught me about Hoar and vengeance and why they were so needed. Then one night he became seriously ill. I stayed at his side doing what I could to return the favor and keep him comfortable. Sadly there was little I could do for him. With the last of his strength he slipped off his pendent and slipped it around my neck making me promise to never remove it, and never hide it in shame. That Hoar would always be with me no matter what. I swore on my name from that moment on, I would never willingly hide or remove the pendent. He died less then five minutes after my promise.

As I said, it has been seven hundred since that day that I escaped. I don't know exactly what the Shadowvar did to me, but I do not age, not a day since then. I still look twenty five. How does someone explain to people that you are older then most elves? Does that make me wise? Does it make me powerful? Does it make me anything greater then the average man? Honestly…no. I squandered the years wandering around. I have seen many things, made friends who in time either died or back stabbed me or even worse. Does this make me immortal? I don't think so. I can still feel life ebbing from me when I am seriously wounded. I just don't age.

Now I set foot in Narfell. A land unknown to me as much as I to them. After all, a man so old can only remain in one place for so long before people start asking questions of the ageless man, that and I know the Shadowvar still hunt me. They know im still alive and they want me back as their slave. I will die first, I will never go back with them so help me.

(( Approved by DM Skippy ))

• ICC

Thanks!! 😄

Reviewed, XP Pending!

• oop!

Trent Lormain
    Destinysdesire

• ICC

I need your Server Login, can you post it for me, please? Thanks buddy! 🙂