Syne Bloodmist

• Syne Bloodmist

A relatively young looking elf with jet black hair and very pale green eyes. He was of slim build. He was about 5'5 in height and weighed 130 pounds. He had a small cut just under his lip which was his only telling scar. Syne was born in the city of Peltarch. He was the son of Meilaniven and Celesisaniven. His birth name was Sinitelaniven.

Both his parents were lost to plague early in his life. He roamed the streets of Peltarch, lost, homeless, and destined to become yet another nameless corpse in an alley.

It was during this terrible desperation that instead of dying of hunger, the young elf attacked and killed a young homeless girl near the dock district and fed off her flesh. It was the begging of a powerful addiction, to both taste and power.

He walked the streets of the city in silent prowl of new victims to feed his appetite. He knew he would be killed if he chose wrong so he was always very careful and even went as far as getting to know his victims a bit before attacking them, just to make sure he was safe.

During these years he changed his name to Syne Bloodmist and took on the persona of a hunter. It was his own private joke and few times did he ever give his last name to anyone. No one alive knew his true name but those he decided to trust with it.

Syne left Peltarch for a human's lifetime, wandering the lands to the east, taking in their cultures and learning how to better control his power. It was in these travels that he found his calling in life, and since then had become a loyal follower of a dark and sinister path. He returned to Peltarch with the mercilessness of an arrow shot by a mighty bow. His path clear, his mission echoing in his mind.

He began a series of ritualistic murders that he knew would be his test of loyalty to the force he followed. He was obsessive in his execution, careful with his dealings, and at the same time blinded by the darkness of his loyalty.

He believed himself an insect in the "great game". However insignificant, destined to metamorphosize into a creature worthy of carrying the deadly message of power to those who would follow.

Epitath

Syne found early in life that he was gifted in the ways of the weave. Power came naturally to him. He did what he could in his state to find out what was open to him as such, lurking around the alleys. His first proof of power came when he first summoned the raven Epitath, his familiar. The raven, being subjected to Syne's madness, quickly became as depraved as the master. Before the raven's dark destiny could be fulfilled, Epitath was slain by an infernal minion as payment for Syne's failure. It was a great loss to the sorcerer, but his determination to follow the path would not allow him to mourn.

The Penance

Syne's one chance to prove where his loyalties lie. The soul of his companion Epitath was sacrificed and others would follow. Six souls in six nights. The streets ran red with blood. Fires burned throughout the city streets. Syne walked away from the ordeal, seared and within an inch of his life. He was victorious, cleansed, and favored. It was to date, his greatest moment of glory.

Evil Eternal

Evil does not die. Evil cannot be destroyed. The soul is the ultimate sacrifice. The chosen has become eternal. The chosen cannot be destroyed.

Sygil

Ready to continue on his path, Syne chose a new companion, the menacing black panther Sygil. As was true with Epitath, Sygil was slowly corrupted by Syne as time went by. He changed from detatched to malicious as the empathic link with the sorcerer fed his unnatural intelect. Syne was quick to realize how powerful this creature could be.

Wethrillina

Syne met a young human girl in the village of Jiyyd with light blue skin and blood red eyes that went by the name Lina. He became infatuated by her and soon realized she had an incredible potential. Deep within her lay a darkness as vicious as his own. With time, Syne began to lead her down the road of sin and into the mouth of horrors.

Inquisitor

Syne was appointed inquisitor to Senior Magistrate Lady Aspera Chillwind. He used his new position carefully to aquire new ways of assisting his cause. It was his first move towards the political system of the Jewel of the Icelake.

Desecrator

After years of loyal service to his lord, Syne was rewarded by being given the form of the Desecrator, an enormous beast with pupiless glowing green eyes, sharp fangs and rending claws. In this form Syne was able to rip his victims apart with little effort. It took a lot to enrage Syne to the point where he would "become" but the madness and hunger that came with the form were formidable.

The Cult

Syne's lord sent out visions to those who would follow this sinister path. Soon, a band of faithfuls was formed around Syne. The seeds of a mighty cult were planted within the walls of Peltarch. A great darkness was imminent with such a presence.

The Senatorial Race

Syne entered the race to become a senator of the mighty city state of Peltarch. It was his ultimate dream made reality. Everything he and so many others had bled for, was within his sights. It was the single most defining moment in his life, to enter the city's strongest political circle and wield incalculable power from a position that would grant him both influence and sanctuary. After so many years of toil and turmoil, all of Syne's aspirations were close at hand.

Epilogue of Despair

"Conviniently" there were now four seats open to the position of senator, and with only five canditates running, Syne's position was all but secured. His time had finally come. His suffering, and the suffering of countless others, had not been in vain.

Syne did not see the last two points of what he would call his "triad of betrayal" coming…until it was too late.

The Triad of Betrayal

Syne was ultimately betrayed by everyone and everything he had ever fought for or held dear. The first betrayal was by the cult who all vanished. This sent Syne into a state of mindless rage that lasted months, a time in which he never left the form of the Desecrator, and prowled the Nars Pass, brutally slaying everything in his way. When he returned, his heart was once again cold as winter mist.
    The second betrayal was by his associates. Refusing to collaborate in the very scheme they had begun, they had left him dangling from a high rope.
    The third betrayal was by his guide and liason. The last place he had to turn to was taken from him in the moment of his greatest glory.

Defeat

Having lost everything, including the very path he had walked for so long, Syne disappeared from the state of Peltarch, the rejoicing of his enemies echoing like vile bells in his mind.

The Seat of Power

In his darkest hour, fate intervened in Syne's favor. Another three of Peltarch's Senate were "conviniently" slain in a foiled attempt to recover a fabled relic, that they hoped would help them defeat the knight Zogarthis. Roland though slain, was retreaved from death's grip, however, like Myrie and Shana, both Adam and Ayanie were unrecoverable, leaving two open seats in senate. Soon, to Syne's mock surprise, he was appointed to the highest position of power in the city of Peltarch. The tables had turned.

The Final Ascension

His time having finally come, Syne conducted the Ritual of the Nine, bringing his existence in the Prime Material realm to an eternal close, along with those he had brought into the dark with him. In this form he fought directly with the enemies of his master, on various planes and on various levels both physical and strategic, as he was destined to.

–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**_The Stories:

SyneBloodmist: The beggining of the nightmare.

Desecrator: Bloodstained Fingertips. Tales of malignance and forbidance.

Dark Tidings: A vicious murder spree in the Gypsie Camp.

Rue Sin: Syne leads his infatuation down the dark path he has always followed._**

• :oops: Thanks guys. πŸ™‚

Story links now all operational.

• @b2a2f82087=Zyphlin:

(( i agree with the other two. you're one of the ones on here that has inspired me to try my hand at the horrific thing that i call my writing πŸ˜‰ ))

//Oh the irony, zyph, your "Bard no More" is what inspired ME to write the crappy "betrayal" as well as bunch of my other unfinished slime

πŸ˜‰

//

• (( i agree with the other two. you're one of the ones on here that has inspired me to try my hand at the horrific thing that i call my writing πŸ˜‰ ))

• @f259698531=Wykith:

((Just in case anyone is actually still reading this crap πŸ˜› ))

Always πŸ˜‰

• [Deleted by user.]

• Updated

The constant forum shifts have all my stories in disaray. I'll try to sort them out as soon as I can.

((Just in case anyone is actually still reading this crap πŸ˜› ))