Trying to get (back?) into it!

• Greetings all!

I made a character some months back with the intention of using this as a) a wonderful way to pass time, b) a community, and c) a fun way to interact with Jerrick while I'm deployed. (And, well…I kind of love D&D, and other games. So I thought it would be fun to give this a shot!)

However, then I got SUPER busy with deployment preparation and a class that I got thrown into before I left, and kind of haven't done anything since.

Anyway, I've played through some of the official campaign for NWN and have a basic idea of what I'm doing now, but beyond that I'm pretty helpless.

I've read through as many of the tips and tricks as I could find (and access!) but I guess I'm still feeling my way through. I know that people say "just about everyone's willing to help," but I'd still appreciate any help or advice you guys want to give, whether IG or here or in the IRC.

I worry too much about everything. I know. XD

• I guess I'll maybe try that. I hope people are on during what is, to me, tomorrow afternoon! (In the morning I get to go look at aircraft!) But I basically have no idea what time it is anywhere but here and home. So maybe tomorrow after I get back, I'll hop on and just wander around and talk to people.

I tried that before, but there weren't a whole lot of people around. And those who were were kind of busy. I guess…just hang out until someone decides to hang out with me. XD

• Also, when you sign in, and people either do or do not recognize your login or character name, Player Guides, helpful players, or DMs may just randomly ping you to see how you're doing. 🙂

• Thanks for the tips! I didn't know about the "help me!" menu, but it's good to know!

I've found the people are pretty great. I'm pretty much a constant lurker in the IRC chat, and I like the people I've interacted with. I mostly just worry about making a fool of myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty used to it. But I'd still like to come in with some idea of what I'm doing. XD It's why I played through some of the single-player stuff–So I don't have to ask how to do stuff like "navigation," haha!

• If you have any concrete question feel free to PM me here in the forums or send me a tell IG when you see me around. Me or any other PG should be able to answer to your questions, but I guess is faster and less confusing if you just PM one of us. 😃

In any case, don't be afraid of going IG and discover things via the trial&error method.

• G'day!

It's true that most folks would be more that willing to help out. Just send a tell to someone with a friendly looking name. There is also a "help me" option in the rest menu that will send a message to the Player Guides and DMs. They'll all come running.

Apart from that - the school of hard knocks will sort you out. This place can be a little rough, so best not to go out alone. Even the single player module gives you henchmen. Here you don't get that - so its good to stick around other players if you can. This helps build that community you're looking for too.

Anyway, welcome to Narfell! There are no 12 step support groups for Narf addiction, so expect your life to begin spiraling out of control.