Eilonna Moonshadow - Ranger of Norwick

• It was many years ago when her mother had limped into Norwick, in her arms was a tiny bundle, a young baby. A scout had spotted her coming in and had long run ahead to warn the guards of her. A guard approached her quietly scanning her over noting her elven heritage and the blood matting her clothing, as he went to speak she shoved the young child into his arms barely muttering the name Eilonna Moonshadow and collapsed to the ground, try as he might he could not revive the young woman. As he looked down to the small bundle he slowly dawned it was a baby, a small girl.

A sad smile escaped him to see the child sleeping so soundly, he shook his head to not allow his emotions to escape him as he looked to his men awaiting his orders and bellowed out, " I want a full scout of the area, find out what killed this woman. Get her to Lathanders temple that she might be properly seen to and….* sighs * ...see if there is anyone that can take in this child. " A farmer later came to the barracks to claim the small child and took her home to rear as his own.

As the years passed she heard time and again of the honor and duty of the scouts, how it had been a scout that had first spotted her mother. She watched over the many many invasions of goblins, undead, bugbears and even Ostromog as he took over Norwick, her parents of course refused to leave their lands and thus, she too remained. Ever did she watch the guards defend them as best they could, never giving up.

Her favorite stories were the ones of a noble scout Yng'dir, a quiet elf said to be the guardian of Norwick and the forests that surrounded it. She made it her goal in life to be like him and maybe one day...if she could convince him to....to train under him. As the days grew long she began training as a ranger and as a scout. Norwick could use both and she was determined to be of use to the only place she had ever known as home.

One night, the farming done, dinner finished. Her parents noticed her staring out the window, quieter then ever they had seen. Her father having seen many young adventurers with the same look approached her asking what was on her mind. She answered that she wanted to do more for Norwick, while she enjoyed working with the animals, she wanted to do more....to be more. Her father simply smiled and walked to the cupboard speaking softly. " Your mother and I knew this day would come. Thus we waited for this day to give you this...* he reached into the cupboard and produced a dark green cloak, very neatly folded and well taken care of * This was found on your mother the day you were discovered, we believe its how your birth mother managed to at least get to Norwick before her passing. We are here when you need us dear, but now it is time for you to make your own choices and be who you wish to be. Please just be careful."

She smiled as she accepted the cloak wrapping it around her. My mothers cloak. Thank you mother, thank you father. This means a lot to me. She hugged both her parents and grabbed a basic bow she had bought months ago and slipped out the door.

Those that wander the gate, if they look carefully, may see a silhouette of an elven woman on the watch post ever looking south, bow at the ready. A spot faintly remembered by some as Yng'dir's Perch.

• ICC

Thank you!
    Reviewed, XP Pending!!

• Login: destinysdesire1
    PC: Eilonna Moonshadow

• ICC

I need your Login and Character name, please.