Enchanted crystals duration

• I would like to know the duration of a spell in an enchanted crystal incomparison to a scroll or a potion. id someone knows , it would be interesting to know 🙂

• Must be the innate magical properties of the crystals! 😉

• Yup, all spells cast into a spellcrystal of any sort are set at caster level 10 for effect and duration.

This means that a level 1 sorceror or a level 15 sorceror can both give you a mage armor spell in a spellcrystal that lasts for 10 IG hours. Weird, but it works.

• Emer said that in his experience the default level Dora mentioned is 10 and I think he's correct.

• not surprisingly im rather :? .. thought I would be lazy and ask and ignorant as I am I was "dreaming" of a simple chart or matrix, but now I am too curious and have to test it.. and assume that the same types and/or lvls of spells will follow the same rules in relation/comparison to scrolls and potions… goes out and finds trial candidates IG :? :? :?

• That seems right. Tested with a divine favor one for +3 damage which means level 9-11. Whereas for creating something with divine favor in the toolset your only option is 5.

• In my own experience, all crystals seem to be cast at an effective caster level of 10, regardless of what level is the caster herself. There's nothing I've thoroughly resaerched about it. Just that Haste when in a Crystal seems to last 10 rounds, Improved Invisibility seems to last 10 minutes and Barkskin seems to last 40 minutes amongst other things.

• On spell crystals:
    @aacc1aec33=Dorakhan:

Spells are cast at their default levels, much like spells in the toolset. There is no way to correct this since the "caster level" feature in scripting is quite busted.

I don't know exactly what that means in terms of actual numbers. eg GMW in the toolset is 5 10 15 - that one should be easy to check since that's +1/+2/+3 respectively. Barkskin would be another good one to test with since 3/6 gives 3ac but 12 gives 4ac. Bulls/cats etc it's down to a timer to work out what level they're cast at.

It's possible that with spell crystals you're using these durations:
    http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Brew_potion
    But I don't have the crystals/spells to check. I'm sure that someone does.