The New War

• _Word begins to spread quickly as Old Lem tells it in the taverns all over..

"Old Lem says it be true, he does. Them angels be fightin' them fiends, they are. Helmites and others be takin' the figh' to them as well. ::downing another bottle of ale:: Them lights, ye seen 'em yet over the husk? Bright as the heavens they be, says Old Lem, troubles a brewin', it is. Least Old Lem got to kiss him two pretty Knights, he did afore the end!"

Most simply seem to laugh off the old mans stories, but those who venture close enough to Jiyyd can indeed see a battle of lights within the darkened skies over Jiyyd. Flashes of white and red as demonic and angelic energies collide in a battle. Winged shapes of angels and frightening horned beasts seen with every flash clashing sword to fang, the music of the angels and the roars of demons echoing over to the Bluff as they continue their age old fight._

((For the time being, I'm gonna run a little plot regarding this area, try not to go there without me there and any PM's in regards to this can be tossed my way. Will try not to limit the maps too long. 🙂 Levels 8-12 likely max, as higher will offset challenge for those lower. Though pm's from higher levels for study are welcomed!

• ((Alright, before I begin this again which is going to happen soon now that other plots are wrapped up. I need to know who was on any of the events involved in this, talking or fighting events, or even forum work. Follow the format below and PM me please. I've lost track of all who were involved and to what degree.

Character Name:
    Event(s) they Participated in:
    Forum work they participated in:

• ((I thought I posted this already -.- Have this plot on hold and folks can go through Jiyyd if they want for the time being. Will be looking to resume in a few weeks when the other plots currently happening are wrapped up.

• Natasha goes there and prays to kelemvor for her old friend kara. She watches the battle fearful of what had happened there and how she can redeem the city for kelemvor.

• A peregrine falcon drops through the air on the other side of the fissure – deliberate, and smooth in its flight to an uncertain end; it moves so quickly that perhaps its collision with another bird would have gone unwitnessed. But for certain there is one who saw, the for now, equally unseen sentinel who stands upon a high place on the safe side of the river. The falcon continues to put on its aerial performance by never landing with the bird it caught, instead spanning its wings to catch the air so that it can glide around in a slow - wide turn to cross the river; its stunned or, presumed dead prey still firmly in its claws.

The bird lands and becomes invisible in the tall grass before the Elf who stood there, a plump wood pigeon for dinner. YngdĂ­r cuts and cleans the fowl and offers a reasonable, but small cut to the falcon - a reward for its work - before sending it out to catch another before dark. Before long a spiral of near invisible white smoke rises from the campfire he'd built.

Maybe the pigeon is good in this place, and the Ranger had a want of it. The deliberate surveying of the land across the water suggests an ulterior motive. In the distance a falcon screams, a rush of movement paints the sky till a sudden, profound and noiseless slowing of things occurs. The wing-spanned silhouette bands around once more, and sinks into the grass on the home bank.

• A figure clad in white robes trimmed with red can be sometimes glimpsed summoning water elementals from the "moat" surrounding Jiyyd, sending them beyond the treetops where light and sound rages. It watches for a time before slowly and carefully making its way back to the shrine of Kelemvor.

• Deep in a cave under Jiyyd, a campsite sits abandoned. Several weeks worth of dust has settled over the blankets and pillows…dew hangs thick in the air, and the few books have taken on a musty smell. Scavengers have already removed what little rubbish was there, and only a cracked crystal seems to give any memory of whom it all belonged to.

• Council of Moradin

And during this vigil, the knights may have been surprised by the miracle of apple multiplication. As they sit and share their prays, giving each other support, while hoping for the best result of the battle, shiny juicy apples appeared behind them.

A gift from the gods, or just a little bit of HUZZAH from a known engineer?

• Up on Heroes Bluff, two knights of the Order sit for hours, watching the battle play out, each saying their respective prayers for the celestial forces within the Barrier. Night turns to day and night once more, before the lights dim and Ashena and Allestor leave their vigil, heading north.