Fendon is Coming.

• Ardent enters the Great Hall in a hurry, looking for Davos and D'Cameron. Once she finds them she breathlessly relays the account of the meeting with Fendon and his promise to attack the town in the next ten day.

"And in conclusion, I feel we should evacuate the town of noncombatants. We can move them under guard through the valley to the Heroes Bluff. Aelthas has said he will take the children but only the children for safety within the Gypsy Camp. I feel strongly in this case we ought to be safer than sorry in this situation since Fendon won't enslave the populace alive. "

• Davos:

"That's not a bad idea. They performed well during the war from what I've heard. See if the army will release them to us."

• "Is it possible we can call upon the orcs that were going to aid the Coalition in their fight against Ostromog? They seemed more given to fight bugbears but shockingly quite a few of their number follow Chauntea. Given the presence of a shrine to Chauntea in town,perhaps we can get them to fight with us against Fendon"

• "Aelthas has agreed to take in the children but not their parents. They would be protected within the gypsy camp from the undead."

• Davos listens, then frowns.

"There are some problems with this plan.

"First of all, that's right next to the river, the same river Fendon's been using as a highway and that the bugbears are reported crossing to raid. Fendon's attacks on refugees in Peltarch make it clear that it's not just the land he wants, it's the people as well.

"If we send them to Heroes' Bluff they'll be exposed, out in the open, where a strike force of undead could emerge from the river at any time. Not to mention the fact that there's no food there. And every guard I send with them for protection is a guard less to hold back the main undead attack on the town.

"I could strip every guard and sent them to heroes bluff with the refugees, but that would mean abandoning those who stay to their death… and some will stay. And Fendon would, I suspect, simply attack us at the new site... which would not have walls or fixed defenses like we do here.

"Getting as many children out as we can sounds like a good idea; I'll have D'Cameron announce it and hope parents take her up on it. But I can't send people to Heroes' Bluff without a way to protect and feed them once they get there."