OOC Sex in camp and Homosexual behavior

• Flips OOC to the on position::: I would like to know what the Romani's view is on open gay relationships in camp. We have several couples who openly express themselves while sitting at the main fires and need I say do the Humpty-Hump around camp. I touched on this for a second with Smoo, but feel all need to know this for properly running they’re characters.

ALSO!!! Remember that NPCs are living, breathing members of camp and if your having sex or making out near them that’s BAD BAD BAD!!! If Cotton catches gay/straight people making love near Jonni again or another young NPC your going to get her and any DM I can find on at the time to come down on you like a ton of bricks. Think before you act please, if you want to get jiggy, take it off in private, Cotton does.

• i would agree with kerby et al when they say rom are tradtional and PRIVATE people when it comes to passion.
    this is thier home before it is the home of the Gali (honoured guest) and to break with the tradtions the rom have set out used to mean expulsion from the camp when the elders had that power. they arent there now, but the chars still are and they still hold a certain amount of respect among the rom ic, so I believe it is not unreasonable for them to ask teh rom(dm) to revoke the oaths of those that would break with tradition, if they do not stop their behaviour when asked…. we probably need to look at a solid greivance proceedure to follow that is in line with what the rom would consider applicable.
    we cant go banning on the first offence , unless it is heinous, such as desecrating some of the accepted histiric sites like the standing stones etc.. but we should certainly be able to at least warn the offending gali that their behaviour is not welcome.
    I used to use pendells cabin in my bad old days before i learnt the art of fade to black.(poor pendell)
    If you must ... please take it away from the eyes of those who roam the camp, both seen and unseen.

• @d77c931e84=Azule:

What i would like to know is if the characters past behavior will be counted against them in the new guildlines? Just need to know how to play it from here/

Thanks

Past actions, if the Rom knew about them would certainly affect thier reactions to you. An IC tweak in outlook from NPCs doesn't wipe the slate clean for past IC actions.

Bottom line, if the Rom see actions that potentially damage thier traditions, they will react to protect those traditions. You could see this change in outward reaction as the Rom being fed up with the shenanigans of the gali and putting thier foot down.

• What i would like to know is if the characters past behavior will be counted against them in the new guildlines? Just need to know how to play it from here/

Thanks

• Since I am the current SDM of the camp… I think things can be made a little less cloudy with the following from the Gypsy Camp player meeting:

@ad3c1f85aa:

[18:05] <cotton>The dreaded topic.. open same sex behavior. Holding hands, little kisses ect? Rom view on this? And can I have open PK on cybers in camp
    [18:05] <finamenon>yeah give open PK to anyone who cybers in the open, and lesbian cyberers too
    [18:06] <kerby>Rom are private people… they are passionate, but traditional... if that makes sense?
    [18:06] <kerby>As far as unusual sexual orientation… as long as no one knows... it is acceptable
    [18:06] <vilehelm>yep .. the gypsy girl wil act inviting while dancing at the fires .. but will wait till she has led the boy to the tent before kissing him ..
    [18:07] <kerby>if you look for approval of an unusual relationship… don't expect it
    [18:07] <kerby>yes… good point Vile... they are CERTAINLY masters of the tease</kerby></kerby></vilehelm></kerby></kerby></finamenon></cotton>

Basically, these are a people that are steep in tradition. Those traditions include marriage and findelity to one's spouse, and single people CERTAINLY have clandestine meetings after making eyes at each other dancing and singing and drinking around the fires… BUT they do not let thier more traditional elder camp members see thier trysts.

To a Rom... kissing in public is crass. Not because of the act, but because it is not a subtle form of teasing. So, sexual inuendo around the fires? Subtle caresses in passing while moving past someone? Absolutely. Making out around the camp fires or holding hands? Leave that blunt and obvious show of passion to the gaji!

Hope that help give you more IC reasoning behind what to and not to do around camp. 😉

• Sorry to leave you all hanging… BUT... this is a topic that will be handled by the SDM of the Gypsy Camp, and that position is open right now... so no one on the DM Team will respond to this.

Once an SDM is promoted to that position... I will in sure that this topic is pointed out to them. Until then... it would do more harm than good to continue tossing this about, so I am going to lock it up.

We'll have an answer for you soon, I hope.

• Umm, stop me if I am out of line, please, (and I mean it!) but are there not other venues that will satiate the urge, homosexual, heterosexual, or otherwise. I don't want to crimp anyone's style, but as a player, this is just plain silly. Please, it's a game, not Times Square or the west 20s at 2am.

I mean no offense, I just don't think this is the right forum for this kind of behavior. Before you get mad and spit venom, just know I voted blue, dammit.

• ((I'm waiting for our DM to post here, that is what I will go off of))

• Legion

hmm who is the lucky pc taking it to private with cotton? 😛

• Without knowing much about gypsies I'd still say in a faerun setting homosexuality would be considered natural/neutral

:2c: