Questioning the Hob

• Ardent walks down into the jail, abandoning her delicious rice pudding upstairs before pulling on a fresh uniform. She combs her hair, cleans her axe, and smooths her cloak. She walks down into the jail with her best stern Havon expression and glances into the gloom toward her hob prisoner.

"Do you speak common?" It was a simple request and if not, she at least had the same of a newcomer named Roy, a Hin, who could act as interpreter for this exchange. If that failed, she would be happy to purchase the necessary tongues scroll to make their interrogation flow as smoothly as possible. Once the language barrier is breached through some method or another, her questions will come rapid fire with a hardened gaze.

"Who were you serving in that cave? Who was the summoner of the shadows? Why were you serving him or her? Where are they now? Were they among the dead?" She would not give much pause for the hob to consider a lie to her, trying to keep him on his toes.

• And the hob just says?

• Can go now?

• "He just doesn't seem to know anything!" She throws her hands into the air, glancing to Roy after the exchange with the hob.

"Apparently Sirion brings me the one damn hob whose job is to guard the larder. What the hell? Ugh, now what do I do with him." She clapped Roy on the shoulder and shook her head.

"I appreciate the help, pal. I"ll have Sirion come down here and do his thing. Lets get a brew"

• Roim aka 'Roy' sits on a stool outside the jail cell, legs dangling in the air. As he sits translating between Ardent and the Hob he cannot help but shoot cut-eyed glances in the direction of the prisoner from time to time as he rolls a cigarette

<gob>Found yourself in a might pretty situation here eh boyo? You should answer the pretty lady's questions, tell her everything you know and things for you might just go easier.

He finishes rolling the cigarette and puts on end in his mouth, striking a match off his leg and lighting the other, he takes a long pull and exhales. He ashes the cigarette with a forefinger before sticking it back in his mouth and leaning forward giving the Hob a dead serious look

<gob>You should know Hob he spits the word out that right now for you in here, there are most definitely worse things than death. Definitely….</gob></gob>

• Ardent realizes there is more than a magic barrier and rethinks her approach. She begins again.

"Tell me about the cave you were in. Did you notice anything unusual on the day you were captured?" She sits down crosslegged on the floor, chin resting on her steepled hands as she stared at the hob.

"Anyone beside those who captured you who entered the cave?"

• Once the language barrier is broken, with the help of translation, at first, the Norwickian scout’s questions are not answered.

The hobgoblin footman stays quiet for a long period, looking a little confused for a moment, specially at the words “summoner”, “serving” and “shadows”.

• ((unless a Norwick official is against information from the questioning to become public, I'll answer here before I head home from work. About 8/10 hours))