Faera Fey - Leaving

• One

"I'm going to lay down in the shack, been a long day!" she looked to Kaona with a half-smile, and then to Nawen. She leaned in and gave Nawen a momentary kiss, both seemed in awe of each other.

She stood slowly, and walked toward the shack in the gypsy camp, wiggling her hips as she walked, looking over her shoulder again at Nawen. A glimmer of lust curling in the corner of her lips. Pushing through the door she slumped on the floor and curled up.

– Never felt like this before... Mmm--

..a day later…

Nawen, Kaona, Faera and a few others sit around the fire in the Gypsy Pass, comfortably talking about unimportant things and what they have been doing, whilst fiddling with a ring on her left hand, Nawen looked up almost concernedly. Grag was walking towards them with a wide smile on his chubby face.

He looked directly at Faera, ignoring the rest of them, even his wife. "Faeras, come with mes.."

She looked up quickly, quirking a brow. "Where we goin'?" Cotton looked concerned, Grag's face turned almost to disgust.

"I'm yer Gen'rals, don't question me! Come ons!" he began walking, she looked a little frightened, but followed him, to the deepest corner of the Pass. He stood steadfast, leaning his weight on the wall.

She looked to her feet, seeing his expression. "Am I in trouble, General?"

"Troubles? Killin' orcs'd get ya in troubles." he almost squints. He holds out a hand, his thumb on what appears to be a wedding band, "I thought I told yas not to date Legion membahs!" Faera looks down to her feet again, stepping back.

"Not like it was planned, was jest a kiss..." she looks up, slightly hopeful. "And.. IF..." she reiterates, "IF... we did have feelin's... can't help who you get feelings for..." she steps back, half-expecting him to hit her.

Instead, he spoke with a soft tone, "Well, if ya does get..." he pauses, and makes a mocking face, " -feelin's-, then come asks me first..plenty we can do about," pauses again, making the face, "-feelin's-."

She turned away, a hand to her face.

–I can't believe he's mocking me...--

"Yer dismissed.." she looked up slightly at him, hiding her upset, and walked off towards the shack.

Two

"I don't thinks I could live with myself if I went 'hinds his back" her soft voice spoke, as she closed her eyes and breathed in deeply.

Faera stood up slowly, silently emitting sprinkles of tears from her pale face. She spoke in a whisper, not looking back down at her, "I… u-understand.."

She closed her own eyes and padded through the leafy ground toward Tara, not a glance at Dart or Ving as she passed, her small head remained fixed on the ground, her walk a fast-paced trawl. A swift kick at a tree as she passed only caused her to stop momentarily - the thought of Mielikki's care for that tree. A sidewards glance to Tara, as she pushed the gate open, left a look of awe on Tara's face; but it was apparant that she did not want to get involved.

She quickly, and silently maneuvered her way around the camp, until she found herself at the spot. She sat next to the waterfall, her legs pulled tight to her chest which was sobbing almost involuntarily against her thighs.

–"I've never felt anything likes when ya touched me.."--

Her heart began to race as she continued remembering little things about the experience she had had. With a reluctant sigh she reached into her pack and retrieved a small piece of paper from her bag, and then a box. She popped open its lid recklessly, and it's wooden frame flew into the stream; she didn't care, she just took a small pot of red dye from it and unscrewed its lid, careful not to spill any of the last few drops.

With a nimble pale finger she began dipping into the pot and writing on the paper in a curved style.

–I'm sorry. I couldn't cope. Can't be without you.. Faera--

With a quick blow to dry the ink, she rose softly. Placing the lid back on the dye and back into the box she carelessly put it in her pack, leaving the box's lid to remain floating in the water. She was not visibly crying at this point, merely walking with a tear-stained face. She looked at the Master Tanner as she passed, his friendly smile almost dashing daggers into her back. How the HELL could he be happy?

"Noone's ever happy…" she said it coldly, he looked confused at the seemingly random comment, she turned and continued walking toward the gate. With a swift push, she walked past Tara not offering the slightest hint of recognition to her.

Note folded in hand, she walked past the hordes of conglomerated folk, dropping the note into Nawen's lap as she passed. She offered no emotion to the others that she passed, they could see all they needed from her tear-stained cheeks, and the heavy look of hurt in her eyes. She couldn't even look at Nawen through the pain it caused her.

With a quick step, she found a nameless person in the Nars. He looked to her with some concern, she waved it off and spoke with a cold tone, whilst searching around in her bag for something.

"Here, take this to the Troff Royal Legion, and leave it at the door for me." she placed a book into his hands and then gave him a small sack of coins, "I will find out if it was not delivered, this is for the trouble." she closed her hands around his as he took the coin in hand, and then bowed her head and walked in the opposite direction.

Taking in the surroundings, walking silently and at quick pace, she soon found herself at the south gates of Peltarch, it's steely stoned walls a relief for possibly the first time in her life. She walked, her hands trailing against the wall. Her mind wandering a seperate plane altogether.

_–I wonder if she's thinking of me..--

--I doubt it. I was nothing to her. --_

She passed the Bait and Tackle Inn before she'd even realised where she was, and was soon sitting at the ledge, Fenz running by from time to time, seemingly forgetting that she'd swatted him away, wanting to be to alone. A foot rested on an untended little boat, no paddles in it. She began to sob again, uncaring of any that might approach. She didn't want to leave.

But how could she stay? She couldn't sit and watch Nawen walk with that sway, those hips that'd gyrated against her own flesh. She couldn't watch someone get on with their life and be happy; knowing that Nawen had unaddressed feelings for her, and wouldn't address them for fear that her husband would be angry.

Her eyes were rimmed with red, the tears flowing heavily, and that's when she heard a familiar voice calling, "FAERA! FAERA!"

She reached down and pulled a cloth from her belt, quickly wiping away any tears; but the emotion was there, the sadness. She looked at the voice, noticing Fadia Nailo approaching. She wore her purple robe, and ran with a concern on her face. The concern turned to worry as soon as she saw the state that Faera was in. "How'd you.. find me here?" came Faera's sniffling voice.

Ignoring the question, Fadia put a hand to Faera's cheek softly and spoke, "What is wrong, Faera? Why are you so upset? What are you doing here?" the questions came almost as the bullets of a machine gun would be fired.

Taken aback, Faera looked into her grey eyes softly, "I'm leaving.." she began to convulse in tears again, looking out onto the Icelace; away from Fadia.

"Wh-what? Why?!" she seemed shocked, Faera remained unwavered.

"All I do…" she paused, to let out a few more sobs, Fadia came forward to hug her, but she stepped back, "...is hurt people, an' hurt myself."

Fadia seemed hurt at her words, looking to the slightly taller elf, "You've never hurt me.." she seemed to trail off, Faera's eyes averting to Fadia's petite feet pointing inwards.

"I can't love, I just hurt... all I do is hurt.." her angered self-loathing words turned to a mumble as Fadia seemed to be getting pent up.

"I love you..." Fadia's words were almost hesitant, and stumbled out. She touched Faera's shoulder, looking up slightly to her, a pained expression on her pale blueish skin.

"I'm sorry.. I just hurt people..." her face looks down again at Fadia's feet, "It's not meant to be.."

Continued sobs from Faera merely provoked Fadia more, "Can't you see it? I love you..."

"It's not meant to be, I'm sorry..." She turned away this time, looking out onto the glimmering water again.

"It is.. it is..." Fadia got a little choked up, tears trickling from her own eyes.

Faera seemed almost compassionate for a moment, looking up into Fadia's eyes, "If it's meant to be then you will find me..."

Fadia sobbed now, "It -is- meant to be, don't leave me.." she bit her lower lip, "...I love you.."

Her sincerety nearly shattered Faera, but she knew she had to remain strong inside..

– I only hurt people.. --

"Then… if you love me, you will say goodbye to those I've left behind..." she sobs into her hand, "I cannot face anybody anymore."

Almost giving in, Fadia nods, her face pouring with the pain - like twisting a knife into a half-healed wound. She leaned forward, and slid her hands softly to the back of Faera's neck, to kiss her with her thin soft lips.

Pulling away from the kiss, Faera put a hand on Fadia's lips, "I.. I can't..."

More tears emitted from Fadia, "Please.. just to say.. goodbye...?" she pleaded with Faera, and with not a word Faera advanced upon Fadia, taking her chin in a soft caring hand, and emersing her bottom lip in a soft full kiss that was over almost as soon as it began. A small whimper emersed from Fadia's lips as it ended.

"I'm sorry.." she spoke in a whisper as she pulled away, stepping toward the little rowboat on the lake.

Fadia's voice became a hurt flower, broken yet elegant, "Could I maybe... do something... it's got some of the same effects as a bonding has, only not as intense. We won't become one, like you do in a bonding..." she hesitates slightly, before continuing, "But I'll always know if you're safe, and if you're close...?"

As Fadia's hand touched Faera's head she turned softly and held out a hand, not a word spoken as Fadia cast. Faera emitted a few more tears, and then stepped back onto the boat. "Farewell..." she covered her face to hide the emotion, but in truth she was crying more than ever.

As she used her hands to wade through the icy water, she watched Fadia stand looking after her, crying, holding her hands to her chest, "Goodbye, sister..." she called out as the boat edged off the horizon..

_–I meant it.--

--Now, how do you get to Waterdeep?!--_

OOC: Comments welcome.