Pug

• character= Pug Axleneck
    Player= Shilo Telva

The wind was howling on the docks of Peltarch. It prowled and raced like some hunting beast as it tried in vain to enter the ramshackle buildings that made up the poorest sections of the Jewel. From the dilapidated remains of what could only be called a shack came the wail of a newborn infant. The sound quickly followed by a low moan of pain from its mother.

"Shit! Another one dead in child birth! Thats the third one we lost this month! And Feona was one of me best girls! It will be weeks before I can train another as good as her for the streets. And what the hells do I do with this little bastard? Well I guess the dogs need to eat too." the words spoken by a swarthy looking man in an old stained sweater.

"I can be takin him if ye want." says a stunted looking crippled halfling man. "I might be able to make him into sometin usefull in a few years."

A short time later the halfling can be seen walking away down an alley with a sack over his shoulder. A sack that squirms and whimpers quietly as he fades into the darkness.

Flash forward now twenty years.

The sound of falling rain made a soft and steady background to the otherwise quiet of the streets. From the direction of the commons came the sound of distant shouts. Steadily they drew nearer to the rain shrouded docks of Peltarch. As the sounds came closer it was obvious that someone was being chased. Then out of the mist a small figure appeared. It looked like a young child. Until you realized that no kid was going to be out alone on the Peltarch streets at this time of night. He was moving fast but still keeping to the shadows. It did him no good. From behiond him loomed two figures who latched onto him with a shout.

"We got you now you little bastard! Damn thieving halflings like you are ruining the streets! " said the man as he shook the halfling.

"Should just toss him into the river with a few rocks tied onto him!" said the other with a fierce grin on his face. "Maybe then the rest of his bunch will get the message!"

The two men should have been paying more attention to their surroundings. Out of the shadows to the side a giant of a man appeared. Reaching out with both hands he grabbed the men and smashed their heads together. The sound was like smashing melons.

"Darn good thing I was out here watchinfer ya. You was almost fish bait!" says the giant of a man.

"Aw, I was jes about to get em when you ruined it Pug. I had em right where I wanted em!"

"Yeah, sure you did. Well come on and help me with these two. They wanted to make you swim, lets see if they can!" he chuckles as he starts to haul the limp bodies away.

Within a few short minutes two naked men are dumped into the harbor. The bodies quickly dissappear into the depths. as the two thieves sneak away into the night.

• ICC

Reviewed, XP Pending!