Talk of the Pass

• _Rumors are like the run off of rain, streaming from the mountaintops. Small trickles down a tree's leaves, fall to a rivulet through the mud, gathering momentum as it works it's way towards the ocean, joined by other trickles, until a rivulet becomes a creek, a creek a stream, a stream a river, a river the sea. Never losing, always gaining, and incorporating everything.

Thus, a rumor grows, and things change.

When one is not talking of bugbears, goblins, and the latest zombie wave of attacks… often the other topic that comes up is the bandits in the pass. But wait, they aren't bandits, they're Hoarrans. Same difference, is it? No... besides, Hoarran is a religion, not a people, right? Don't matter. Fog ate them. FOG?! The fark, ye say. I heard it was the Legion, they up and marched in and wiped them bastards out. Nah nah nah. It was that devil of a mage, Vaxin. Heard he sliced them all up good and drank their blood. That was the plan the entire time. Hells, you are all wrong. Let me just say this, if you go visiting that place, don't be drinking the water if you be getting my drift. I be hearing that Jonathan finally went mad and took his people off in a hidden path and will be showing up in the sewers of Peltarch itself soon enough. Well... I heard they all drank some Romani wine and caught themselves a one way ride through that there crazy lady Cera's blinding light.

Funny how the talk spreads. It's not even about the truth anymore, only who can top the others. Here and there you may pick out a little trickle of truth, some even say they were there...

But at the end of the day, change happens. The Hoarrans no longer roam the pass, the gates that were locked have been torn asunder, and whatever caused them to flee or leave left no marks behind.

For those who feel unease, the only words that can be left behind are the oft used parting phrase of those who passed themselves as Romani..._

Watch your step in the pass.

• Aramuil, unperturbed by rumors seems to be poking and prodding around the area, trying to find out what happened.