Fonic

• So yeah, I gave up on that pretty quickly…

Instead i'm getting to grips with my new Pentel Brush pen (which I thoroughly recommend) sketching in very light pencil and then using only black and grey to map the areas of light/dark. Tried using just the black before but I found the black on white too harsh; the grey acts as a nice transition.

Fixed in GIMP with some curve tweaks to make the canvas actually look white.

• Work in Progress - clipped from a larger sketch (the rest is just outline atm)

Sketch of my new character Kazimir; a Thayan Rashemi wizard.

Doing it 100% in Corel Painter using a tablet - something i've never attempted before. The head is mostly finished, except the eyepatch and some additional shading.

• On second thought… I much prefer the version with Curves tweaked in PS.

Portrait of a character I played years ago, drawn in 2010. Had to tweak Curves again to improve contrast which also makes the construction lines visible (you can't see them on the original I swear!).

Credit due to the Actress whose face I borrowed. Paz Vega I think :?:

• More shameless MGS plagiarism. I'll draw something Narf related soon enough.

Criticism (preferably constructive :oops:) is always welcome.

• Okay so I dug out some more from my hard drive.

This is a Saxon I drew last year for something other than Narf, but it kinda fits the genre.

I totally ruined the ink job on this which infuriated me to no end. Okay, so the face and helmet are a mess and the sword isn't aligned correctly - but look at those hands! I will never draw hands that good ever again. Thankfully I scanned the pencil before ruining it with ink. That is supposed to be chainmail not tartan fyi!

Again this is a pre-ink pencil sketch, this time of one of the drawings above.

The pencil version has a nice serene quality to it. The rendered one just looks angry.

• I haven't uploaded anything for a while so why not upload a 6 month old unfinished drawing. I keep getting into MGS discussions in IRC, so its kind of relevant. This was also my first attempt at plagiarising Yoji Shinkawa.

Drawn on the crappest of sketch pads, inked with an awful fine-liner and rendered without a tablet.

This is the Original.

• Wow, wonderful!

• I ❤ moira and (stupid) bird.

XD