Fonic

• I've been drawing a lot recently but only just bought a scanner 2 weeks ago. Been suffering some kind of identity crisis regarding style, and made a total convert from drawing in graphite-only to ink & rendering with a tablet (which I also only purchased recently).

Anyway, below is a combination of what I dug out of my sketchbook and some recent stuff. Uploaded using cropped screenshots to keep size down which also means they lost a bit of quality.

Concept sketch of Kamilah Thersos before I restored her last year. Started off as a nothing doodle but annoyingly turned into something half decent - unfortunately I started it on the edge of the page and ran out of paper to finish it properly.

Another of Kamilah. It was near invisible scanned and had to fiddle with curves to get a good outline.

Moira / Vhelskaya

Moira / Vhelskaya again. This time with some added colour to cover up my poor ink job. This was largely just an exercise in getting to grips with rendering rather than excess detail.

Same again. I regret not starting this on A3 and using crappy paper. Lots of ink blotting everywhere! :x

Let me know if these don't show up.

• Very nice! I used to love pastel crayon back in my more artistic days, it's great for that subtle play of light and shade, giving a nice soft feel that I enjoy. And while I'm posting, belated compliments for the fantastic legs and the curve of that hip on your magely lass before too. 🙂

• @7fbfbbba84=cardamon:

Is that Harry Lime?

Yep.

• Is that Harry Lime?

• The man is … wow. So real.

Thanks for sharing. This is indeed Art.

• I got a book earlier today about drawing the face in chiaroscuro (tone instead of line). Needless to say, after reading about half of it, it has radically changed my approach to sketching. These aren't Narf related but I haven't posted anything for a while, so just picture them in armour or something.

• @d2d7ee8a78=Fonic:

The cookie was a lie.

Sorry.

You know what happens to people who do that.

TIME TO INCINERATE YOUR PERSONALITY SPHERES.

• The cookie was a lie.

Sorry.

• It's obviously your Helmite paladin, Olwyn. Cookie now.

• The most obvious guess is that it's Olwyn.

Login: AubreyMaturin
    Character: Romulus Grey

• Okay so here's something more original than last time. It isn't finished yet. I plan to (re)include the legs (I initially cut them out about halfway through to focus on armour detail), fix that awful chainmail texture sample as well as plenty of finishing touches. I'll come back to it eventually…

Cookie if you can guess who it is.

• Thanks 😎

But the real skill and talent is in the composition work; matching colours, picking the lighting & value, the basis of the design itself, etc. which I obviously had no part in, and can take no credit for. I've struggled to try and do all that as well as paint lately so I decided to remove it from the equation. I'm pleased with the result, hence why I posted it up here, but now it is time to go back to original drawings.

Also there's another female knight who is head of the queue i'm afraid…

• ICC

8O
    You´ve got some skills going on there!
    Congrats, exelent work! :w00t:

• Hush Gonnar! With such excellent practice at drawing female knights, you know Ashena is first in line! 😉

Nice work - I used to love to copy the works of others back when I still took stabs at being artistic, since it's both a learning exercise and the result is never quite the same as the orginal anyway (and I mean that in a good way). It's always a reflection of your own interpretation and style, even when based on a preexisting work.

If I wasn't so terribly rusty, I'd try my hand at some drawing again…

• I wont complain if you ever want to draw/paint María 😛

damn it, you are so good.

• Legion

:pissed:

So Good!

• Amazing stuff, keep up the good work!

• Not one of my own characters, nor even my own composition. Original can be seen here. I don't like to make a habit of copying other's work, but its good practice in developing technique without worrying about composition.

Done in GIMP.

• Eek! I seem to have broken my own thread. I think its time to get my own hosting instead of relying on Imageshack!