Narfell, an Elven mission of Faith

• Character Name: Re'lar Thornwood
    Login: Thorzul

Journal entry 1:
    It has been brought to my attention that I am now to leave for some distant gods forsaken piece of Faerun. I am displeased with this, as it is very uncivilized from what I have been told. Why a Sun elf would want to go is beyond me, let our greener cousins have it as far as I am concerned. But the grandmaster has sent me, and so I will go. It would seem there may be ruins of an ancient evlish nature and many elves have flocked to the area. As I am a shepherd of elves it is my duty to see the flock there well tended. I just hope the warm clothes I am packing will be enough.

Journal entry 2:
    This ship is not of elvish design, that much is apparent. Plus the human that is captaining it has not been very friendly despite all the coin been paid to him. I look forward to being on dry land again, if Corellon had wanted me to be at or in the sea I would have been one of the Alu'Tel'Quessir. I just hope when we put into Waterdeep I shall be able to get a good meal once again.

Journal entry 3:
    Cities of any size ruled by humans smell as bad if not worse that I could have imagined. To think they call Waterdeep a jewel! How many of the Tel-Quessir can live in such a place only Corellon must understand. I look forward to seeing the land as I move to my final destination. Much of what I must travel over was once ruled by elves, and this excites me. I hope my mission in Narfell can be bolstered by all that I witness.

Journal entry 4:
    The desert of the Anauroch was impressive, impressive in how humans with their short lives and huge ambitions can ravage the world. I will have to keep this in mind as I continue my travels. They seem to be capable of many things in grand fashion, from huge cities to large waste lands. I hope my time in Narfell will temper the short lived and allow something grand to prosper.

Journal entry 5:
    This kingdom of Cormyr is beautiful as the Anauroch was terrible to look upon. It pains my heart to think my people once lived and ruled here only to be forced out. I am glad the humans here still abide by the old ways, the forests are allowed to grow and prosper as much as the cities do. I wish I had time to explore Myth Drannor and see our peoples greatest triumph and failure. A lesson we must all remember of the destruction of haste.

Journal entry 6:
    We have entered a cold hell I am sure. To dream of fires and warm beds seems to be the norm for me now. I care not for this Thar and Vaasa, I have seen to many bands of orc and goblin around to believe civilization can touch these lands soon. I only hope that one day Narfell will be able to aid in the destruction of Gruumsh and his spawn.

Journal entry 7:
    My journey comes to an end soon. Damara was much better than Thar or Vaasa. Its peoples friendly if not a bit rustic, but that is growing on me as I travel. These people lead a hard life, I expect where I am going it will be just as hard. I hope one day we can count on Damara as allies. I now know Corellon Larethian calls me to bring the Tel-Quessir to great heights once again in these lands. I pray I am up to the task.

Journal entry 8:
    It would seem I am destined to live on the edge of civilization. Why oh holy Corellon would call me to do so is a mystery. Would not most of the Tel-Quessir live in or near to Peltarch? I guess that does not matter. Perhaps might Corellon has plans for Norwick, I can only hope and pray. His will, will be done, and I will be his vessel. I hear there are goblins in the area, at least I can take my frustrations out on their verminous hides….

• ICC

Reviewed, XP Pending!