Norvil Trapspringer

• Character Name: Norvil Trapspringer
    Player Login: RedneckDM

Greetings and well met! I am Norvil Trapspringer of the Chondalwood Trapspringers. I was born, the eldest son of Jagel and Myrian Trapspringer, more than a century ago. I have three siblings, a brother and two sisters. My sisters never had much to do with me, I kinda like it that way. My brother, on the other hand, made it difficult to escape aggravation. I couldn't do anything without him right there beside me. It didn't take long for me to get good at hiding, thanks to him.

One day, while hiding in the forest from my brother, I saw what I thought to be a giant. I had never seen a human before so, I had no clue that that was what I was looking at. Anyway, the human male was stooped down doing something. I crept closer and closer. I studied the human watching his every move. Suddenly, as I sat quietly in a nearby tree, the man lept to his feet, looking around franticly, then charging off into the forest. I dared not follow instead, I stayed and admired his handy work.

That was the biggest mistake of my life. You see, I had never seen a trap before either. Sometimes, I wish to Sheela, I hadn't seen that one. As I said, I was admiring the human's, what looked to me, toy. All I saw was two small flasks hanging, by a thin string, from a tree. I closed in for a closer look. That's when everything went white then I felt a rush of burning pain course my entire body. Slowly, I regained my eyesight but my ears rang and the excrusiating pain grew with every passing moment.

I lifted my hands to my face but they never arrived to their destination. I stood there stunned, staring at what was left of my left hand. Two of my fingers, the pinky and ring finger, were completely gone. The pain subsided for just a moment. Once it returned, it was more devastating than before. That, only seconds after the initial blast, is when I noticed that I was on fire. I immedialtly dove to the ground, rolling around in attempt to douse the flames. Little did I know that the fire was the least of my worries for, hanging with the alchemist fire was a flask of thick acid. I knew that is what it was because, the fire had barely burned my clothes yet I watches as the skin melted away from my exposed arms. I didn't want to even imagine what my face looked like as it felt as if it were, literally, melting away. Then everything went black.

When I woke, some time later, I could not move. No matter how franticly I called to my limbs, they would not respond. I tried to call for help but, my throat was so dry I couldn't make a sound. Soon, I saw a familiar face. It was Taren, my best friend and elven scout. It was he who found me, unconcious and dieing. My friend hastily transported me to his home in the elven village where he nursed me back to health. All of the clerics, both of the Seldarine and Hin Pantheon told him that he was wasting his time. They told him that I would never make it. As you can tell, I recovered fairly well.

As I look back, now that I am older and wiser. I am thankful that I learned about traps the hard way. Since that day, I have vowwed to keep what happened to me from happening to others. Why you ask? I'll tell you why! Because, after loosing two fingers and getting the majority of my baldy melted off, I don't want anyone to go through that.

By the look on your face, I think that you will think twice before asking why someone wears a mask. Don't you think so?

• ICC

Reviewed, XP Pending!